Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The “This’ll be shit, I reckon” thread

Started by mothman, September 29, 2018, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 05, 2018, 10:31:54 PM
Glad they cleared that up, I thought it was all real.

Rambo is the Vietnam War, man.

KennyMonster

I'm a couple of weeks late to this but there's a thriller starring the rat faced one from Pitch Perfect who has trouble holding a cup properly.

That looked dire from the trailer.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 05, 2018, 09:27:14 PM
If it's anything like Rambos II, III and IV, then yes.

I've never forgiven Ian Rambo for inventing The Taliban.

Gulftastic

Quote from: KennyMonster on October 06, 2018, 12:38:36 PM
I'm a couple of weeks late to this but there's a thriller starring the rat faced one from Pitch Perfect who has trouble holding a cup properly.

That looked dire from the trailer.

when a big part of the promotion is making a big deal out of said rat faced one snogging a fitter lass, you do get the impression that it can't be all that.

Mister Six

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 05, 2018, 10:31:54 PM
Glad they cleared that up, I thought it was all real.

He's a real POW, but in the Korean War.

Mister Six

Quote from: Gulftastic on October 06, 2018, 03:13:35 PM
when a big part of the promotion is making a big deal out of said rat faced one snogging a fitter lass, you do get the impression that it can't be all that.

If you're talking about A Simple Favour, the response from critics and audience has actually been pretty great.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Mister Six on October 06, 2018, 05:53:04 PM
If you're talking about A Simple Favour, the response from critics and audience has actually been pretty great.

"Enjoyable mess" is what I've heard, it still sounded dire from the review.

Spiteface

Dex Sawash

^ you've not kept up with the Palin's north korea show thread?

Dex Sawash

Also the made for HBO (or one of those) movie Farenheit 451 is currently shit, I reckon.  Not worth a new thread. They did a Black Mirror treatment on it.

kngen

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 06, 2018, 09:35:23 PM
Also the made for HBO (or one of those) movie Farenheit 451 is currently shit, I reckon.  Not worth a new thread. They did a Black Mirror treatment on it.

They burn Kindles?

Spiteface

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 06, 2018, 09:33:09 PM
^ you've not kept up with the Palin's north korea show thread?

No, this is definitely the most CaB thread ever.

mothman

On the Freddie Mercury movie, I realised the source of my disquiet when watching the trailers and featurettes: Rami Malik's eyes are too big. Mercury had these little piggy eyes; Malik, while spot-on in every other way that I can evaluate from the limted material available, has these big eyes which look wrong. Like he's Kawaii Freddy Mercury. It's reminiscent of that Battle Angel Aelita trailer with Aelita's deliberately large eyes. Bohemian Rhapsody has unwittingly strayed right into the Uncanny Valley!

non capisco

Quote from: Gulftastic on October 06, 2018, 03:13:35 PM

Anna Kendrick is not 'rat faced' by any stretch of the imagination, you pillocks, and A Simple Favour is an entertaining mess kept afloat largely by her comedy chops. She's supposed to be in the next Chris Morris film, you know, if that ever surfaces.

bgmnts

I'd let Anna Kendrick fart in my face, to be honest. I love her cute little rat face.

Bad Ambassador

Previews have taken place for Bohemian Rhapsody, and reviews were that its shite apart from Malek, who's very good.

Tapiocahead

Not sure if this belongs in this thread as it's more 'definitely going to be shit,  without a shadow of a doubt '

https://youtu.be/dBmHMl7qjzQ

metaltax

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on October 08, 2018, 11:21:25 AM
Previews have taken place for Bohemian Rhapsody, and reviews were that its shite apart from Malek, who's very good.

I'm not surprised. Beyond the odd cocaine-carrying-dwarf party there's not really a whole bunch of edge-of-your-seat action in the Queen story.

mothman

That's presumably why Bri and Rog wanted to focus on the 25 years after Freddy died.

bgmnts

Quote from: metaltax on October 08, 2018, 01:01:45 PM
I'm not surprised. Beyond the odd cocaine-carrying-dwarf party there's not really a whole bunch of edge-of-your-seat action in the Queen story.

There is a very glorious moment in the Budapest live show where John Deacon is ambling down the street looking at the river and tries to chat to a little girl.

Rock n roll!

Phil_A

Quote from: Tapiocahead on October 08, 2018, 12:23:36 PM
Not sure if this belongs in this thread as it's more 'definitely going to be shit,  without a shadow of a doubt '

It's pretty bleak that that franchise has now reached the point even Mark Wootton won't give it the time of day.

KennyMonster

Quote from: non capisco on October 07, 2018, 09:09:39 PM
Anna Kendrick is not 'rat faced' by any stretch of the imagination, you pillocks, and A Simple Favour is an entertaining mess kept afloat largely by her comedy chops. She's supposed to be in the next Chris Morris film, you know, if that ever surfaces.

I think to be fair I was out of line saying anything about her physical appearance, that was hypocritical of me because I don't usually like it when people do that.

I'm still a bit sick of the wider world telling me yet another very mediocre person 'is talented now, is a national treasure, you must adore and admire them etc etc.'

No I've seen them, they're meh on their best days, I'm not buying into it, what news are you trying to bury?

Anna Kendrick, James Corden, Adele, Kylie is good since she failed to do 'the robot' whilst going around in a circle.

Fucknuts trying to redefine the word good.

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on October 08, 2018, 11:21:25 AM

Can't say I'm shocked. I'll be glad when it's come and gone. The amount of trailers I've had to sit through combined with the number of people who've bitched at me for disliking Queen in general means the film can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Anna Kendrick is 'rat faced'? Christ. Come on, we're better than that.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Tapiocahead on October 08, 2018, 12:23:36 PM

Haha yes! I saw the poster for this in Odeon the other day and everything about it fascinated me. As Phil_A's said, the fact that even Wootton isn't arsed says a lot. Jason Watkins, the franchise's only other regular, doesn't appear to have bothered either. But Celia Imrie is back, bizarrely. The fact that the poster and trailer have only just dropped, combined with the fact that this just looks like a direct repeat of the first film (especially given that each previous film has tried to go bigger and bigger) makes the whole thing seem like a proper half-arsed way to keep the franchise going.

After my documented experiences with Nativity 2 and Nativity 3, I will be there with fucking jingle bells on.

kalowski

Quote from: BritishHobo on October 10, 2018, 09:48:30 PM
Haha yes! I saw the poster for this in Odeon the other day and everything about it fascinated me. As Phil_A's said, the fact that even Wootton isn't arsed says a lot. Jason Watkins, the franchise's only other regular, doesn't appear to have bothered either. But Celia Imrie is back, bizarrely. The fact that the poster and trailer have only just dropped, combined with the fact that this just looks like a direct repeat of the first film (especially given that each previous film has tried to go bigger and bigger) makes the whole thing seem like a proper half-arsed way to keep the franchise going.

After my documented experiences with Nativity 2 and Nativity 3, I will be there with fucking jingle bells on.
Oh, fuck. I pray my kids don't find our about this. I can't watch another one.

Phil_A

Stolen from the other thread but OH FUCKING HELL. This has appalled me on just about every level it's possible for a human being to be appalled by.

https://youtu.be/1EezOE9WtvU

Dex Sawash

Ferris

I thought the new Peter Jackson effort looked shite. Waterworld meets Ghost in the Shell, but worse than both.

Hope I'm wrong. I really like the anime GitS.