Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

electric blankets

Started by PlanktonSideburns, October 02, 2018, 10:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Winter is coming, I want to feel like a pop tart at night. Any electric blanket recommendations?

Avril Lavigne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUf9a1DYuDk

...Seriously though I'm also thinking of getting one myself.

PlanktonSideburns

Enjoyed that clip - not seen that film before, is it worth a punt?

First tried electric blanket on holiday in Scotland years ago- astonishing thing. Want to drop a load of codeine and electric blanket my self into the void for all of January.

Anyone got one? Want some model recommendations

Rizla

Get one, not the cheapest or most expensive one you can find but inbetween. Shouldn't be more than 25 quid. It should cover 70-80% of your bed surface. They usually have 3 settings, put it on max for half an hour before bed. Don't leave it on when you get in, however tempting. I have just relaid our leccyblanky for the winter, haven't had to use it yet but bastard winter I am ready for you.

alan nagsworth

Just put the heating on or fart loads you weirdo

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 02, 2018, 11:14:35 PM
Enjoyed that clip - not seen that film before, is it worth a punt?

Oh it's one of my all-time faves, not to everyone's tastes as it's literally just those guys having a conversation for 2 hours but I find it endlessly rewatchable and really well-written & acted. I think if you enjoyed the clip you'd quite likely dig the whole thing.

Cuntbeaks

A hot water bottle and good down duvet is all you need. Lying on top of an electro magnetic field all night doesn't seem like a great idea.

In saying that, i had an electric blanket from about the ages of 5 to 16 and it was my job to turn them all on an hour before bed.

Cloud

Dreamland Sleepwell, it's an electric duvet.  Only problem I've found is that it's like 9 million tog and for 98% of the winter it's absolutely roasting even switched off.

biggytitbo

Electric blankets always make me think of some 50s era tragedy where everyone in the house died due to it burning down after a fault.

hermitical

checkoutgirl

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 02, 2018, 11:33:26 PM
Just put the heating on or fart loads you weirdo

These days I'm too warm about 80% of the time possibly due to globals warming. Can't understand the desire to buy anything other than an air conditioner. Maybe if you live in Dundee in the dead of winter but I imagine global warming will take care of that soon too.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cloud on October 04, 2018, 12:06:05 AM
Dreamland Sleepwell, it's an electric duvet.  Only problem I've found is that it's like 9 million tog and for 98% of the winter it's absolutely roasting even switched off.

That's 3exactly the sort of endorsement I needed. Ordered!

Sebastian Cobb

What if I were to tell you I'd happened upon a method of warming up the bed and relaxing myself before falling asleep?

bgmnts

Do androids sleep under them?

Twed

Light a fire at the bottom of your bed.