Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jack Whitehall

Started by Satchmo Distel, October 03, 2018, 12:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just catching up with Jack Whitehall: Travels With My Father. It is somewhat insulting to the cultures it visits and is obviously carefully scripted in the main (like the Karl Pilkington series which it quite resembles) but the dad is great, much funnier than his son despite the premise being that the son would do the gags (the son's gags feel forced, the dad's humour actually comes from his character).

Whitehall himself seems to be the current media generation's idea of a funny comedian, i.e. about as funny as an ulcer on the foreskin.

Sin Agog

He wasn't that bad as a fey numpty on Inside No. 9.  Maybe he should just stick to acting? 

Did he ever cop to ripping off Baaaad Dad?

Bhazor

yesitsme

The king of reciting things that sound that should sound funny and clever but are neither.

Made funny by cunts who wouldn't know funny if it kicked them in the balls.

How many shows do we need where celebrity X travels to Y with parent Z?

'How to Kill Yer Mammy' was good in parts.  The rest?  Gertcha.

neveragain

Quote from: Sin Agog on October 03, 2018, 12:17:28 AM
He wasn't that bad as a fey numpty on Inside No. 9.  Maybe he should just stick to acting.

Fresh Meat had some great moments from him too.

Haven't seen this show yet but can't stand his father, seems a first-class ponce. There was a fabulous moment at a Comedy Awards once when Jonathan Ross insulted him ("face like an arse", I think) and his face was a picture. Of an arse.

the science eel

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on October 03, 2018, 12:07:01 AM
Just catching up with Jack Whitehall: Travels With My Father. It is somewhat insulting to the cultures it visits and is obviously carefully scripted in the main (like the Karl Pilkington series which it quite resembles) but the dad is great, much funnier than his son despite the premise being that the son would do the gags (the son's gags feel forced, the dad's humour actually comes from his character).

Watched both seasons over the last week or two. Michael Whitehall is a very funny man.

BritishHobo

Isn't the dad just a standard posh Tory cunt? Why do I want to do watch a posh racist twat say exactly the kind of things I'd expect a posh racist twat to say?

Sin Agog

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 01, 2019, 10:08:55 PM
Why do I want to do watch a posh racist twat say exactly the kind of things I'd expect a posh racist twat to say?

Because of the free communion wafers.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He's getting a bit too old for this shit the posh student act now, what with being in his thirties.

Bentham

He isn't very funny at all, but I'd quite like to have sex with him

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Bentham on January 02, 2019, 07:12:38 PM
He isn't very funny at all, but I'd quite like to have sex with him

Are you sure? Him and his Dad do EVERYTHING together you know.