Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:48:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead S9

Started by Pinckle Wicker, October 03, 2018, 07:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat FM

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 01, 2018, 12:34:14 AM
That should be the next spin-off.

I would eat dog food alone in a room before i had to speak to Daryl.

kngen

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 01, 2018, 12:34:14 AM
That should be the next spin-off.

I would gladly watch a picaresque post-zombie apocalypse take on The Littlest Hobo called 'Dog'

Bazooka

I forget what happened to him, but where is Dwight? He was one of the stronger actors/characters last time around.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Bazooka on December 04, 2018, 10:21:39 PM
I forget what happened to him, but where is Dwight? He was one of the stronger actors/characters last time around.

He shitted off to find his missus, unlike his comic counterpart who stuck around as leader of the Saviours after Negan's defeat.

Malcy

This is back. Sort of. The next episode is available now but doesn't properly air until this Sunday. It was released on the AMC app or something. Haven't watched it yet.

Konki

I cancelled my Sky subscription in December and with it FX so this might be the point that I bail out for good. I'm not sure I can be bothered to torrent something I find so annoying. Which puts it in the same category as the oeuvre of Sweep-voiced Sophie Dee.

phantom_power

I can barely remember what happened in the last half season apart from them wussing out with killing Rick and the Whisperers turning up

Bazooka

I know I won't be the only Tom St Fool watching this until the end. Anyway thanks Malcy for the heads up, I got in from a flight, and wanted to watch some crap before bed, so that's what I did, I torrented the AMC Premium pass early bird epiosode.

And well yeah, nothing has changed, it was all probably written alongside the last drivel, that's how TV works.

See you in two weeks for the episode 2 cum shot.

Bazooka

There is no more Maggie or Jesus of course but the overdramatic Hilltop nonsense is still at the forefront. I mention forefront because Tara and Lydia are the new go to individuals/replacing a former child actor in a soap.

Other than the Whispers arriving and Negan still being around, the vast majority of the source material has been dropped entirely.

Small Man Big Horse

Apparently there's very early talks going on about a possible Maggie-centric series, because AMC seem obsessed with trying to make as many spin offs as they can just as everyone's getting sick of it.

Malcy

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 08, 2019, 02:24:22 PM
Apparently there's very early talks going on about a possible Maggie-centric series, because AMC seem obsessed with trying to make as many spin offs as they can just as everyone's getting sick of it.

Spin offs certainly aren't the answer for saving this show. It's 3 or 4 series too late to bring back the millions of lost viewers.

Bazooka

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 08, 2019, 02:24:22 PM

I have no words, yet I would watch it as punishment for my sins.

Puce Moment

Yes I did download it. Yes I did start to watch it. Yes I did turn it off when that child starting talking to Negan.

Malcy

Read earlier that although S10 is confirmed Michonne hasn't signed up yet. In the same Artie it said that Daryl & Carol's new contracts were for TWD as a universe and not just the one show.

Bazooka

Quote from: Puce Moment on February 08, 2019, 06:52:06 PM
Yes I did download it. Yes I did start to watch it. Yes I did turn it off when that child starting talking to Negan.

Ha, I'm starting to wonder if killing off Carl was purely to save pennies, the story required a time jump. Andrew Lincoln is the most expensive commodity on the show, the actor Carl would have been more expensive than the actor of Judith. Daryl isn't even in the Comic, the actor Daryl must be expensive, he will be next for the chopping

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Malcy on February 08, 2019, 07:31:57 PM
Read earlier that although S10 is confirmed Michonne hasn't signed up yet. In the same Artie it said that Daryl & Carol's new contracts were for TWD as a universe and not just the one show.

Spoiler: https://news.avclub.com/michonne-is-mich-gone-danai-gurira-is-exiting-the-walk-1832474074. In the comments to that piece someone links to a story about how "Reedus will make $350,000 per episode on top of additional guarantees and advances in a deal that sources say could be worth anywhere from $50 million to $90 million" which is a crazy amount of money for a show in decline.

BritishHobo

ARGH WHY WON'T THIS SHIT END

Head Gardener

kngen

Well, they seemed to have squandered whatever mystery and suspense they built up about the Whisperers in that one episode.  Now another season and a half long slog against another big bad, that's neither as big or bad as they need to be to hold your attention. Well done. *slow clap*

Bazooka

Quote from: kngen on February 15, 2019, 01:30:23 PM
Well, they seemed to have squandered whatever mystery and suspense they built up about the Whisperers in that one episode.  Now another season and a half long slog against another big bad, that's neither as big or bad as they need to be to hold your attention. Well done. *slow clap*

The core issue is they forgot how to make episodes impacting, the barn scene in series 2, the Guvnah series (4?) as a whole was pretty good, I know many disagree, even the Negan skull cracking episode was well executed, unfortunately they exhausted all creativity on that episode.

Its became unstuck, because there are a billion characters nobody gives a shit about, the sense of fear is gone, the majority of characters remaining didn't exist in the comic thus a writer wrote them in whilst taking a shit after some bad lettuce fajitas. Most series do become a shadow of their former self at 8 series, but with this, it had the framework to build upon.

Andrew Lincoln leaving for wanting to spend more time with his family, can't blame Egg, but in the long run I see Doomsday times. We will see, again I will be a cunt watching until the end.

Bazooka

Episode 2 consumed, ain't got the self hate to describe it right now.

Gulftastic

'I  know...let's make it even duller....'

Seems to just be full of predicable trophy bullshit for the most these days. I was excited by Sam Morton's full Alpha appearance though as that held at leat some potential but as always will not be getting my hopes up!

Malcy

Catching up on this week's now since I couldn't be arsed all week. Utter shite, think that's me done. At least Fear will be back soon.

Malcy

Don't think I'm going to continue on with this but wondered if anyone had watched Ride With Norman Reedus? Was in London with Andrew Lincoln and Scotland with Melissa McBride. Is it any good?

Bazooka

Hmm hadn't heard about it until now.

Malcy

In it's third series but never really took much notice of it. Might check it out later.

Bazooka

Couldn't watch it yesterday, VPN'$ not working in this beautiful communist state, you know something is wrong in the world, when I can access this website but can't watch AMC's hit show The Walking Dead.

Edit: Chinas hackers have been beaten again, will report later.