Author Topic: The Walking Dead S9  (Read 6578 times)

Re: The Walking Dead S9
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »
Not too bad, and that is saying something( I am literally just saying something to keep the thread alive). I like the Whisperers and the mythology, fuck this show is finished without them.

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
I'm not saying it's good, I mean there's a lot of issues still, but it's definitely feeling improved at the moment. Henry needs to get dead though, he's only there to do unrealistically stupid things to cause conflict in the plot and he has an annoying face while doing it.

I think the Whisperers are the last decent storyline in the comics so it's downhill from here.

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2019, 10:29:14 AM »
henry is there to do everything that carl does in the comics i think?

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
    • My DeviantArt page
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2019, 10:59:09 AM »
Yeah he's definitely the Carl surrogate in this story, since they made the baffling decision to kill Carl. Although, given how much Carl's character developed in the show and generally turned into a useful member of the group, it would've been out of character for him to be as much as an infuriating halfwit as Henry is.

« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2019, 02:37:11 PM »
Yeah he's definitely the Carl surrogate in this story, since they made the baffling decision to kill Carl. Although, given how much Carl's character developed in the show and generally turned into a useful member of the group, it would've been out of character for him to be as much as an infuriating halfwit as Henry is.

my opinion, based on nothing, is that chandler riggs (is that his name? how do i know that off by heart?) asked for a massive pay rise and they decided, what with rick off, that they didnt really need him that much. saying that, maybe andrew lincoln hadn't even quit by then?

Ant Farm Keyboard

• 60 percent of the time, it works every time
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2019, 01:17:07 AM »

And Enid is the replacement character for Sophia.

kngen

• Fighting sleep's deathlike grip
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »

Having not read the comics this fills me with a dread as it suggests he's not going to die any time soon ...

Bad Ambassador

• Sit down, Mario!
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2019, 11:53:37 AM »
I'm reading the io9 reviews rather than watching the actual show (I'm three or so seasons behind), but I liked the suggestion that the movie they'll end up watching is The Phantom Menace, just so that everyone has to convince themselves they liked it. Purely for yucks, my choice would be Love Actually.

« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »
are the highway men in the comics or a tv creation?

as if he would have survived that fall having smashed his head. ridiculous.

good ep though.

« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2019, 01:31:41 PM »
are the highway men in the comics or a tv creation?

as if he would have survived that fall having smashed his head. ridiculous.

good ep though.

The Highway Men are unique to the show. Not a bad episode overall, I mean half the characters don't exist in the comic, so its all just as plausible as Beta arising like Michael Myers. In the comics its rumored he is ex WWE or NFL athlete ,but even that shaft fall would end you.

Ant Farm Keyboard

• 60 percent of the time, it works every time
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2019, 04:36:37 PM »
The building was a mattress factory, with a dozen of them piled in the shaft.

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
ah very handy.

kngen

• Fighting sleep's deathlike grip
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »
In the comics its rumored he is ex WWE or NFL athlete ,but even that shaft fall would end you.

Interesting. I had to look him up to make sure it wasn't Kane, as that fight scene was pure WWF. Turns out it's poor old Opie from Sons of Anarchy. Stopped watching pretty soon after he carked it in SOA. Maybe I'll do that with TWD, too.

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2019, 11:07:27 PM »
Its Monday again, time to rush home and watch the AMC's The Walking Dead, a Michone heavy episode tonight gals and guys.