Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead S9

Started by Pinckle Wicker, October 03, 2018, 07:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on October 15, 2018, 11:34:30 PM
I couldn't really tell either, it did look like it could be a plane or helicopter but not sure. Wonder who the person in the last trope scene was as well. Def improvement on last week, still loads of cringe shit in it though. The latest comic is not much better these days, it feels like the ideas are drying up although I am reading monthly now as would be TPs before so that makes a difference I would say.

I assumed she saw the light of the helicopter that didn't pick her up in the last finale. I couldn't see anything though!

I wonder if they've had any contact with Sandi Toksvigs group during the 18 months in between. They're using the books they gave them anyway.

Yes, that just came back to me there just now. There as some open ended thing going on with the Junk Crew and a helicopter, in fact does Simon not reference something about it in last season?

Malcy

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on October 16, 2018, 12:07:43 AM
Yes, that just came back to me there just now. There as some open ended thing going on with the Junk Crew and a helicopter, in fact does Simon not reference something about it in last season?

I can't remember. I think the helicopter belongs to that group but I can see them revealing that it belongs to something else entirely so that it drags in even longer. The producers did say that it would be addressed this series.

Watching them all build a new life annoys me a bit. Is there seriously no-one that wants to get a group and go travelling to specific destinations or even other countries in the search for answers? Nobody seems to give a shit. They all seem to just have decided to stay put.

By this point I don't think any of the communities are well enough equipped anymore. I could see Al and her Swat van from Fear being able to make long journeys though.

Ant Farm Keyboard

A helicopter might fly lower and make a recognizable sound, especially as there's much less noise in this universe. So, my uneducated guess is that it was a plane.

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on October 16, 2018, 01:19:27 PM
A helicopter might fly lower and make a recognizable sound, especially as there's much less noise in this universe. So, my uneducated guess is that it was a plane.

Yeah, I agree with that in the real world, however it was specific to Jadis, so think as Malcy says it is likely related to the helicopter from last series but who knows.

Konki

I liked it when she wanked off the priest.

Puce Moment

I love how Oceanside became so secretive and private that they immediately killed intruders, but are now happy to have a road-sign pointing to their whereabouts.

This was an especially shit episode - I feel I am close to finally being able to knock this on the head. If they fuck up the Whisperers, which I assume they will, then I think I will knock this on the head.

Malcy

Rick to Gabriel - "Keep an eye on her". Bad choice of words there!

In the recap I could see the light in the sky better. Think it was a plane rather than a helicopter. Just as I type this she says 'i saw the helicopter'! I wonder what A's & B's are.

Puce Moment

Has the tone of this show completely shifted in this new season? I know it has a new showrunner, but it feels like a different show completely. The editing is awful, the music is all 80s action thriller, the shots are uninspired and the dialogue is worse than normal. Every scene feels like the third act of a really fucking dogshit film. All the speechifying is making every scene interminable. I couldn't give a fuck who is offing Saviours - why on earth would we give a shit about that?

All they have to do is bring in The Whisperers and a few more funny scenes with Negan telling Rick how shit he is and I would be happy. Instead we get this plodding nonsense.

For the first time since this show began my wife actually wanted to turn it off, and I suspect we won't be watching it next week.

I don't know why I keep watching this either. It really was dire the whole montage with Rick and Michonne with the kid, I was really hoping for a zombie to fuck it all up there for them. Even the scene between Gabriel and Jadis was really stilted and badly acted, I thought. The Saviours can fuck off alright too. In fact everyone can fuck off now.

I will of course still be watch8ng next week though :(

maett

first season I've not bothered watched, 3 weeks clean, going to try and last the season.

AsparagusTrevor

I must be in the minority but I think there's been a noticeable improvement all round. However, this only means I think it's gone from shite to mediocre.

AsparagusTrevor

It would be fucking hilarious, in a very anti-climatic way, if Rick ends up dying cos he fell off a horse.

surreal

Next week is definitely his exit, it's been announced

Malcy

Watching Blind Wave's reaction and glad I'm not the only one who thought Michonne said something else when she said 'Eat, Negan'!

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: surreal on October 30, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
Next week is definitely his exit, it's been announced

Judging from the summary of the episode and the official announcements that took place while it aired, they've also reached new heights of stupid.

Small Man Big Horse

I've just watched the episode, the first one I've seen in ages, and it was indeed bloody stupid. Big spoilers follow: I can't believe they let Rick live! I only tuned in to see him die so am massively disappointed he wasn't lurching around as one of the undead by the end. It was made extra ridiculous considering the amount of blood he lost, along with the fact that he kept falling asleep but his dream characters woke him up each and every time he was about to be eaten. No idea why everyone presumed he was dead when the bridge exploded either, surely everyone knows the rule that if you don't see a body then there's no way you can know for sure if someone's deceased, especially as he was a fair bit away from the dynamite at the time too. And somehow that wasn't even the stupidest thing in the episode as Judith turns up right at the end suddenly about eight years old and an amazing shot, so it seems like the Grimes story will continue with her kicking ass instead of Rick. Sigh. Anyway, that's me out again, probably until the series finale this time. Which may not be that far away given the ratings for the show right now.

Malcy

BritishHobo

Current big news is that Rick will star in three feature-length movies. (EDIT: pipped to the post by five hours)

I realise this is tedious to hear from someone so smart and handsome as to have stopped watching in season 3, but when will this show FUCK OFF

Malcy

I enjoyed this episode. The CGI was truly horrendous though. Crappy song at end was a bit annoying. Apart from that it was nice, and a bit sad to see Hershel again giving that he died a few weeks ago. And another big time jump at the end was unexpected.

The end trailer gives me a bit of hope for what's to come but I think it will be a binge at the end of the series from now on rather than weekly.

Golden E. Pump

I thought that was an excellent episode and I'm genuinely excited to see where they go with this.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Malcy on November 05, 2018, 09:41:46 PMCrappy song at end was a bit annoying.
Not saying the song wasn't crappy but it was the same song that played at the end of the very first episode. Symmetry and that.

Well that picked things up a bit although Ricks guts must be rather resilient by now. Glad they made a bold move like that, as it was really needed. Wonder who the helicopter dudes are and the trailer at end def alluded to the whisperers I reckons.

Malcy

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on November 05, 2018, 11:36:18 PM
Not saying the song wasn't crappy but it was the same song that played at the end of the very first episode. Symmetry and that.

Ah ok. It's been a long time since I watches the first episode. I skimmed through it a few years ago but haven't watched it all the way through since 2010!

Moribunderast

I gave up on this show at the end of Season 7. Thought I'd give this latest episode a look due to the "big event". Holy shit, was it always this bad and I didn't realise due to weekly viewing/stockholm syndrome or has the show just gotten noticeably worse recently? Leaving aside the laughable ending (and the bit just before that) the show itself looks awful, like some tele-movie you'd find on a network that produces faith stories for fat Mississipian housewives. I don't remember it looking so cheap.

As for Rick's fate - again, I haven't seen since the end of S7 so I'm probably missing context where it makes sense but Christ did I laugh. Such a Walking Dead storytelling move - and that's not a compliment. 

Malcy

Worth noting that that's Maggie gone as well. She won't be back after this week so presumably fucked off or died during the time jump.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on November 05, 2018, 11:05:32 PM
I thought that was an excellent episode and I'm genuinely excited to see where they go with this.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Yeah, same. I'd finally given up after the first episode this season, checked this out to see how Rick leaves the show and they set up a really interesting story. Bastards! Bet it still ends up being a bit plops though.

Quote from: Malcy on November 06, 2018, 01:42:08 AM
Worth noting that that's Maggie gone as well. She won't be back after this week so presumably fucked off or died during the time jump.

Thought I didn't see her in the previews. That scene with Negan was good, but it can't be her last surely?

up_the_hampipe

Also, great to see Shane! One of the best characters in the show's history. His brief dialogue with Rick was more entertaining than 98% of this show.

surreal

That trailer just made me think that Judith is going to be in it a lot and be massively annoying.  Also if she's shooting her dad's gun why the hell didn't she fly back about 10 feet from the recoil, or at least shatter her arm bones...

I think they are trying to make this more like FtWD in tone and outlook, and it is the Whisperers storyline coming up, which could at least be good.

We're still 2 or 3 episodes from the mid-season break so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until then and see how it turns out.  Kudos for trying something new to break the monotony anyway.