Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Walking Dead S9

Started by Pinckle Wicker, October 03, 2018, 07:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hat FM

was judith meant to look like a female milky bar kid?

Small Man Big Horse

Apparently the producers are hoping to get Lauren Cohan to guest in future seasons, but it'll depend on how her new FBI show does. I imagine if it's cancelled quickly she'll be back on the show surprisingly quickly.

Quote from: surreal on November 06, 2018, 11:46:03 AM
That trailer just made me think that Judith is going to be in it a lot and be massively annoying.  Also if she's shooting her dad's gun why the hell didn't she fly back about 10 feet from the recoil, or at least shatter her arm bones...

I thought the same thing, given that she's supposed to be eight it's ridiculous that she's able to cope with such a beast of a gun.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 06, 2018, 03:59:34 PM
I thought the same thing, given that she's supposed to be eight it's ridiculous that she's able to cope with such a beast of a gun.

She's American, duh.

Clownbaby

Is Judith now wearing that Sherriff hat? I bet she is.

Not gonna lie I'm kind of glad Negan didn't get killed cause he's a right creation and I kind of fancy him. I can't imagine how locking him up will end well. I haven't got onto this season yet but season 8 was a tedious mess of people's meaningful faces up close and Ezekiel constantly saying "and yet I smile". Those are the only two things I remember from season 8. Janis (Ann?) Seems like she'll be an interesting character now that she isn't talking like a prat

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 06, 2018, 06:55:19 PM
She's American, duh.

Nice try, but I just skyped my 8 year old American cousin and asked her to use daddy's gun and when she shot it she was thrown backwards in to the fire and is now dead. So I'm clearly right, and will be thanking god for this when I say my prayers tonight.

samadriel

Quote from: BritishHobo on November 05, 2018, 09:11:44 PM
Current big news is that Rick will star in three feature-length movies. (EDIT: pipped to the post by five hours)

I realise this is tedious to hear from someone so smart and handsome as to have stopped watching in season 3, but when will this show FUCK OFF

You think you're good, I quit in season 2!

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 06, 2018, 09:46:05 PM
Nice try, but I just skyped my 8 year old American cousin and asked her to use daddy's gun and when she shot it she was thrown backwards in to the fire and is now dead. So I'm clearly right, and will be thanking god for this when I say my prayers tonight.

Sounds like a Canadian kid to me.

wooders1978

It's only sensible to swap Rick grimes with an 8 year old girl.

Bazooka

Big VPN problems here in China so only just caught the last two, will skip any comment on episode 4 (those horses don't give a shit, not flighty at all) but episode through green screen alone showed how far out of touch the producers and writers are with the show. RIP Hershel actor, but watch series 1 or 2 and anybody involved in the show can with any dignity say this episode and its embarrassing dream sequences didn't look like a pile of shit.

Its a popular show, sadly expensive to make, and unfortunately the gritty survival elements which once made it great are now just an afterthought. Too many communities, and no characters left worth a shit caring about.

Will still watch....

Utter Shit

Finally caught up on this after an absolute cunt of a slog watching from the start earlier this year, running the gamut from not bad to soul-destroyingly awful.

I'm convinced this show might be the worst ever made, in that it's constantly terrible but always gives me JUST enough to not give up completely. At least with a properly bollocks show you can watch an episode, go "ok this is terrible" and then forget about it. TWD just keeps you hanging on permanently, gradually wearing away your will to live.

Having said that, I quite liked the most recent one. The flash-forward looks interesting and having done a bit of reading I'm intrigued by the Whisperers - disappointed at first as the idea that the walkers had learned to talk was so stupid as to actually make me interested to see how they did it, but apparently the Whisperers are good fun in the comic books.

I know it's not really the point of the show, but are they ever going to revisit what the fuck caused the virus that destroyed the world, and the possibility of eradicating it? I'm not sure how else the show can really end, and my worry is that they just keep kicking the dead horse until it eventually gets cancelled without even getting a decent pay-off.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 07, 2018, 02:27:09 PM
Having said that, I quite liked the most recent one. The flash-forward looks interesting and having done a bit of reading I'm intrigued by the Whisperers - disappointed at first as the idea that the walkers had learned to talk was so stupid as to actually make me interested to see how they did it, but apparently the Whisperers are good fun in the comic books.

I found them a bit shit to be honest, made Negan look good in hindsight.

kngen

Quote from: surreal on November 06, 2018, 11:46:03 AM
it is the Whisperers storyline coming up, which could at least be good.

Is that the zombies that sounded like they were saying 'where are they?' - cos that seemed a bit silly ...

QuoteWill still watch...

QuoteTWD just keeps you hanging on permanently, gradually wearing away your will to live.

Yep, we are The Watching Dead.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 07, 2018, 03:23:52 PM
I found them a bit shit to be honest, made Negan look good in hindsight.

They definitely had there moments. You still reading the comic btw? I am but keep asking myself why afterwards.

Malcy

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Pinckle Wicker on November 07, 2018, 06:54:49 PM
They definitely had there moments. You still reading the comic btw? I am but keep asking myself why afterwards.

I am, but only for free, and even then I'm not sure why I put myself through such misery.

amnesiac

fucking sacked this off at about S07E04 but like the dog that returns to its vomit I came back. I watched the finale of S07 to see how they'd kill Neegan. Then started S08 and I'm upto date without knowing how Carl got dead or even really caring. So yeah, no idea why I still watch it but here I am.

kngen

Quote from: amnesiac on November 08, 2018, 12:45:08 PM
I'm upto date without knowing how Carl got dead or even really caring.

Fell off a ladder while putting up some shelves. Not everything has to be carnage, even in the zombie apocalypse ...

AsparagusTrevor

There was a cliffhanger scene where he fell down some stairs but luckily he landed under a dumpster.

amnesiac

Well it's a relief to learn he only died while falling off a ladder. I thought they'd just lop bits off him each season like an arm here or a nose there until there wasn't anything left.

AsparagusTrevor

When he sadly passed he was just a hat.

Konki

I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

Bazooka

At least the fricking new baddies have finally arrived.

Head Gardener

was that a Walker telling the others what to do at the end? have they become self aware? WTF?

Bazooka

Quote from: Head Gardener on November 13, 2018, 10:37:12 AM
was that a Walker telling the others what to do at the end? have they become self aware? WTF?

Spoils

They be The Whisperers, humans that operate among the walkers.

Head Gardener

is it? I thought I was hearing things!

Gulftastic

I loved Carol's revenge. Don't hurt her boy.

Head Gardener

I have only just seen that spoiler white writing, too subtle! thanks Bazooka

Utter Shit

Based on the latest episode, they've essentially reset the series but with no new impetus at all. Michonne is Rick, Judith is Carl. Also everyone is now in love with each other. Absolute dog shit rubbish.

up_the_hampipe

Are we supposed to just accept that Gabriel and Rosa are now shagging?