Author Topic: Tourist Trap (new Sally Phillips sitcom)  (Read 2045 times)

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
Tourist Trap (new Sally Phillips sitcom)
« on: October 04, 2018, 12:19:31 AM »
This is up on BBC iplayer now, has anyone watched it out of interest? I'm planning on doing so tomorrow as after her Taskmaster appearance I'm all a bit in love with her.

Malcy

• This is a Post Office isn't it?
    • Twitter
Re: Tourist Trap (new Sally Phillips sitcom)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:24:54 AM »
Yeah seen it was there last night but dozed off before I could play it! Be always loved Sally Phillips so it's a must watch!

metaltax

• Golden Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
If you find you love Sally Phillips a bit too much, have a go at My Favourite Sitcom on Gold. She interviews a bunch of B- and C-list celebs about their favourite sketches and then attempts to recreate them or something. I don't know, I'd smashed my telly by the time they got to that bit of the advert.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »
If you find you love Sally Phillips a bit too much, have a go at My Favourite Sitcom on Gold. She interviews a bunch of B- and C-list celebs about their favourite sketches and then attempts to recreate them or something. I don't know, I'd smashed my telly by the time they got to that bit of the advert.

In all fairness to Sally, there's something in her eyes which suggests that she's all too aware it's a shit idea but by God, kids are expensive.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 05:20:54 PM »
This is...by the numbers. Not terrible or anything but absolutely exactly what you'd think a mockumentary style sitcom set in Welsh tourism would be

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 05:52:53 PM »
Was excited for this because it's part of a Welsh comedy season, and it also features Tudur Owen and Elis James. I did enjoy parts but, as has been said, a bit what you'd expect. The scene with the unintentionally rude hashtags felt like it's been done in everything.

But I'm glad seeing Wales and Welsh writers getting to be celebrated and showed off in comedy so FUCK OFF BritishHobo you naysayer.

thecuriousorange

• WELCOME THRILLHOU
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 01:19:20 PM »
I quite enjoyed it, bar a few bubble-bursting broad bits.

Miles better than Gavin and Stacey.

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »
Susan Trap gives up her executive job in London to manage a B & B in rural Wales?

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 07:49:37 PM »
Finished the last couple of episodes, Mike Bubbins is really great in this isn't he

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 06:08:40 PM »
Really like this. Loved Elaine quoting GLC songs to Eggsy. 'Ten fags, ten fags'!

Lot of recognisable Welsh actors as well. Laughed at the one who plays Beyonce in Stella proudly boasting its success.

Malcy

• Twitter

Malcy

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 07:03:11 PM »
New Rugby special on iPlayer now.