Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kate Bush Remasters

Started by Natnar, October 04, 2018, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batwings

'The Big Sky' on the 'Hounds Of Love' remaster is a different arrangement than on the CD I've always listened to.

The remaster appears to use the 'Special Single Mix':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lsjXdH1tNY

Not a big thing but I prefer the original album mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaDUFC8nigM

The single mix is a bit slow to get going, I feel.

Natnar

http://katebush.com/news/clarification

QuoteClarification
It's been very exciting to hear all the positive feedback around the Remastered project and the lyric book. Thank you so much for embracing both of them. It means a great deal to everyone involved.
       I didn't do any interviews for either project hoping that the work could speak for itself. I read some articles that included a number of inaccuracies and usually I don't respond. However I do feel I need to address one story which came from a phone interview I did two years ago. I was very disappointed that the use of a quote out of context was timed with the release of the live album and it seemed as if the focus went onto the quote rather than the work. It was deeply frustrating. At the time I discussed the idea of responding to it with close friends and we all agreed it was best to let it go. It seems the quote keeps being used and so I'd like to present my side of the story. Over the years, I have avoided making political comments in interviews. My response to the interviewer was not meant to be political but rather was in the defence of women in power. I felt he was putting a really negative slant on powerful women, referring to a witch hunt involving Hilary Clinton. In response I said that we had a woman in charge of our country, and that I felt it was a good thing to have women in power. I should have been clearer when I then said it was the best thing that had happened to us for a long time - because I greatly disliked the behaviour of the previous PM, who at that point I felt had abandoned us and everybody felt angry and let down.
     Again with no response from me to the latest resurfacing of this article, it could make it seem like I am a tory supporter which I want to make clear I am not.
          I won't be commenting further on this, but feel it's become so pervasive that I felt I needed to clarify this matter once and for all.
  Happy New Year,
          Kate

popcorn

QuoteHappy New Year,
          Kate

P.S. Corbyn is an antisemite

wow i can't believe she's doubling down

QuoteI won't be commenting further on this, but feel it's become so pervasive that I felt I needed to clarify this matter once and for all.
The real racism is anti-white racism, and civilisation will collapse if we continue to ignore racial IQ disparities.
  Happy New Year,
          Kate

whoa Kate WHAT THE FUCK. not cool

Cuntbeaks

Had a proper listen to the Aerial remaster at the weekend and it sounds amazing. Like a brand new album even.

Fantastic levels of clarity, separation, dynamic range and timing. All the remasters i've heard have sounded excellent, but Aerial has been a real standout.

Head Gardener

biggytitbo

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on January 08, 2019, 09:42:29 PM
Had a proper listen to the Aerial remaster at the weekend and it sounds amazing. Like a brand new album even.

Fantastic levels of clarity, separation, dynamic range and timing. All the remasters i've heard have sounded excellent, but Aerial has been a real standout.

What about the dreaming?

Cuntbeaks

Other than 'Suspended in Gaffa', which sounds sensational, I'm not a big of The Dreaming at all I'm afraid.

As far as my hifi set up goes, the remasters sound great at lower volumes. However, once you start increasing the volume everything takes on a hyper real quality, the sound just come alive. Very impressive.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: SteveDave on January 09, 2019, 08:44:01 AM
That's exactly what a Tory would say. They're a wily people.

Do you think she might be doing it to sell more stuff?

Natnar

Just a bump to mention that the Other Sides 4CD rarities compilation is getting a stand alone release on 8th March http://www.katebush.com/news/other-sides-rocket-man

biggytitbo

Oohh I've never heard Humming before. All the others are obviously fairly well known - Burning Bridge is brilliant and Home for Christmas still inexplicably not a  classic Christmas song.

Head Gardener

popcorn

Quote from: popcorn on November 19, 2018, 01:24:35 PM
Is the Wuthering Heights guitar solo still really quiet? I remember always being bothered by that and then reading an interview with the producer where he said the same thing, and feeling vindicated.

Sorry for the boring bump, but does anyone know? I wouldn't back myself to A/B test it.

Head Gardener

clip from a forthcoming documentary (text is in French but click translate)

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on January 11, 2019, 07:07:38 PM
Other than 'Suspended in Gaffa', which sounds sensational, I'm not a big of The Dreaming at all I'm afraid.

As far as my hifi set up goes, the remasters sound great at lower volumes. However, once you start increasing the volume everything takes on a hyper real quality, the sound just come alive. Very impressive.

I have just the The Dreaming & The Hounds Of Love vinyl re-masters. I think The Dreaming is better for the re-master. Some of the stuff on there sounds amazing. The title song especially.