Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Radcliffe has Cancer But it's Been Caught Early

Started by manticore, October 06, 2018, 02:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manticore

I can't see a thread about this, sorry if there is one. He's always seemed like a good bloke to me and I hope he'll be okay.

QuoteNow – here's a thing – I'm sad to say that I've got some cancerous tongue and lymph node issues and so, as I'm sure you'll understand, I'm going to be disappearing for a while. It's all been caught very early and so everything should be fine.

https://twitter.com/themarkrad/status/1047577086456729601

QuoteAll being well I'll be back in action in the new year – or sooner if I feel well enough – but I will be back – you can depend on it – I just can't say exactly when that will be. So You won't hear from me for a while now and therefore...well.....Merry Christmas I guess. Life eh?

the science eel

I love the fella and hope he's better soon.

Out On Blue Six blew my mind in 1993.

gilbertharding

Howj Begg

best wishes to him. one of my formative comedy influences.

Campbell Soupe

"Maaaark Raaaadcliffe: He's dead good at playing records and grrreat!"

Yeah, really crap news. Proper bummed out hearing this the other day. As others have said, he always comes across as an affable, down to earth, kind of chap.  The Graveyard Shift was a massive part of my musically formative years, not to mention being far funnier than most of the "proper" comedy on the radio back then (and now, come to think of it).  Always been well worth a listen since...

Get well soon fella

Captain Z

That's both sad but encouraging - speedy recovery our kid, eh.

Brundle-Fly

Must also be frustrating for Radcliffe to go through this in the last couple of months of his afternoon tenure. I hope he gets all the rest and recovery he needs to come back guns a blazing like Danny Baker did after his brush with that bastard disease.

Shit Good Nose

Ohhhhhh dea-er.

Hopefully he'll get shot of it quick and bounce back.  Not that I've listened to him since splitting with Lard, but he's still a good lad.

DrGreggles

Loved his shows with Lard. Still have loads of audio from those days and they still get regularly dug out.
Get well soon!

non capisco

The Graveyard Shift was something of a rock to cling to during the worst years of my life. Get well soon, Scrawn.

Shit Good Nose

Without wanting to talk like he's already dead, this thread has made me listen to Fat Harry White again, specifically the vicar's wife one, which kills me every single time I listen to it.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on October 07, 2018, 02:32:38 PM
How the fuck did they get away with that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpFNxhCAbE0

QuoteSteven Cross
2 years ago
In todays namby pamby PC attitude this probably would not be allowed due to cultural appropriation or triggers or what ever PC twats will start screeching about.  I remember listening to this live and it was glorious.

Psmith

Get well soon Mark.
I first heard you on Hit the North with Lard and sometimes Pumpy Boy.
Wonderful wireless.

Twit 2

Not a big fan of these YouTube memes but at least this one is positive.

Norton Canes