Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Digitiser Online Series & Mr Biffo's Found Footage

Started by Small Man Big Horse, October 07, 2018, 04:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natnar

I do think Gannon & Biffo make a very good team, their episode of Cheapshow they did was excellent although it still doesn't top the usual Gannon/Eli dynamic.

peteprodge

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 27, 2019, 06:44:01 PM
...I suppose in retrospect it's funny she didn't come on as a panellist on the live Mockety Moc like Tim Moore and Stuart Campbell did

Stuart Campbell wasn't in that, nor at any part of Digitiser Live. Hey, we already had one boring transphobic gobshite and he was in the audience.

As others have pointed out, Jenny didn't quite fit the style of the Digitiser series. She wasn't awful (and she did well in the 'vs' debates and her show-and-tell), but her quiet manner didn't fit in there. Yer Gannon, Octavius and Bundy, well, they're definitely characters with an eccentricity. So, I guess Jenny in Digitiser was like having Maggie Philbin in Tiswas. I don't see any friction between her and Digitiser.

Whereas, the guest inclusion of a certain top-hatted gamer (whose disappointing right-wing opinions may be 'part of a character' or for real, it's rather ambiguous), attracted criticism from the show's fans. There was a quick off-the-cuff mention of him at the show.

I think Digitiser as it is now, has well and truly found its feet. Not everything in the early episodes worked. The cast didn't truly know each other at the beginning and Mr Biffo has spoken about that. It does properly work now, a manifestation in video form of the surreal in-jokes that littered the computer magazines of the late 80s and early 90s. (YS and Amiga Power were always good at this, their competitors had a go at doing it and it just came across as toe-curling.)

biggytitbo

The new format of them messing about at Biffo's house works really well so hopefully he will stick with it despite the relative lack of views. I presume at this point they're doing it purely for fun rather than money.

Who was the twat everyone talked about but refused to name who tried to disrupt the live show?

Poobum

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 28, 2019, 10:09:48 AM

Who was the twat everyone talked about but refused to name who tried to disrupt the live show?

Just a boring "I'm not PC" edgy boy. All covered here. https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,74369.0.html

peteprodge

Clips of Digitiser Live here, quite a few highlights. And some attempts at explaining what teletext is, from me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mnRyfKx5AE