Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:11:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NieR: Automata - Square's Masterpiece

Started by Barry Admin, October 08, 2018, 09:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Not really thought this through so maybe I'll realise something else that contradicts this in a moment, but maybe the problem with Platinum games is that to get the most out of them you have to force yourself to play on hard... but why bother? If I want to try and improve my understanding of a games mechanics and improve, there has to be a reason to keep going back and there just isn't really with most platinum games. The world's are usually just stupid hyperactive anime nonsense, and there's no competitive element to the game, so it has to just be for it's own sake, so if it doesn't instantly grab you there's not really any incentive.

I think that's a pretty interesting and very valid take on P*. Bayo is much more satisfying when you're playing for rank and so on but unlike, say, shmups, there's no high scores or anything, anyway. Hence, you're doing it purely for personal satisfaction - which is fine, but also easier to disregard. There's no 'perfect game' despite the difficulty. There's also no reward besides the reward itself. Hmm...it's a really interesting point, to be honest.