Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:53:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Breaker Upperers (NZ Comedy Film)

Started by zomgmouse, October 09, 2018, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Watched this yesterday, found it really funny and lovely.

Written and directed by its two leads, it's a New Zealand comedy about two friends who run a "breakup" service where they break up with people on behalf of their partners. It's a bit dumb, a bit clever, and a lot of genuine feeling. Some great gags consistently throughout and a good sense of timing and pacing. A few little cameos from New Zealand comedy people (Rose Matafeo, Jemaine Clement) and it was executive produced by Taika Waititi if that makes a difference.

Check it out if you can! Support new original comedy content!

Small Man Big Horse

That sounds interesting and I liked the trailer, once it's out over here I'll try and see it.

Small Man Big Horse

I watched this last night and enjoyed it a lot, it's plot is a tad predictable but the jokes more than made up for that, there was some really smart and funny ideas and I found it heartwarming and all rather lovely in general. 7.7/10

SteveDave

I saw this last night. It was alright. Parts of it felt like a demo of a film. I did enjoy the thickness of the rugby boy though.

kidsick5000

Thanks for the recommendation. Netflix really undersells it stuff sometimes.