Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,352
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:02:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News about Dusty Gozongas

Started by NoSleep, October 09, 2018, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

I've been overseeing the latest HA HA TAPE compilation (number IV in the series) and one of the contributors is Dusty who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. In his own words (he asked me to share this with you all)...

QuoteIt's been an eventful couple of months but I'll keep it brief. I've been diagnosed with oesophageal cancer with secondaries in my liver. Yummy!

Signed up for chemotherapy last week although right now it's too dangerous for me to proceed with it. The chemo is a three ingredient variety. Unfortunately, one of the components (which is aimed at my oesophagus) hits the liver hard and can't be used due to the shitty state mine is in. Instead, I'm down for radiotherapy on the oesophagus this coming week.

To be honest, god knows what'll happen with my liver. I took a scroll through my CT scan last week and it's a sight to behold! 😁 Rather large and rather full of secondaries. I wouldn't be surprised if this simply ends any chance of meaningful treatment but obviously I ain't a doctor.

Regardless, I'm in good spirits and succeeding in ensuring that any visitors are leaving with a smile on their face. The only time it's upsetting is when others are upset (oh, and when the constipation bites hard. Yep, that's a bigger that is!). Pain med dosage fluctuates but is still on the low side at present so I can't complain. And I'm eating like a horse, a skinny one but a horse all the same :-) So that's about it really. Yet another adventure...

He doesn't have a lot of energy to be posting here too much but will likely take a look in now and again so here's a place to leave your well wishes to him and fuck you's to his fucking cancer.

madhair60

Fucking fuck cancer, hope cancer fucking dies.

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

Dusty's such a lovely fellow!

If you're reading this, you fucking twat, please pull yourself together asap.  I send you a buellihug, several in fact.  xxx

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I like Dusty, and do not like cancer.  Cancers a cunt, in fact. : (

alan nagsworth

Ah, Christ alive. This is some raw bollocks, I really like the guy's posts and he's a big PFFR fan so he is a Certified Good Egg as far as I'm concerned.

All the best to you, lad, and lots of love from all of us xxx

Barry Admin

What a fucking year. Pass on my love and best wishes, he sounds in good spirits. Man this sucks.

Icehaven

Very sorry to hear this, all the best to him.

BlodwynPig

Best of wishes to Gonzo and very least of wishes to the cancer.

Flouncer

Fucking terrible. I hope some pot head pixies pay him a visit and make him feel a bit better. xxx

QDRPHNC

All the best, Dusty, and good luck.

Blue Jam

Fuck's sake. Strength to you, Dusty xxx

batwings

What shitty news. Wishing luck and strength to you, Dusty.

bgmnts

Fuck cancer.

Hope he gets well soon.

Small Man Big Horse

So sorry to hear this Dusty, it's horrible news, but I really hope you're able to overcome it and wish you all the very best.

Uncle TechTip

Fight it hard, DG. All the best of best wishes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shite news, sorry Dusty but I wish you the best as you give this cancer short shrift and give it a stern chemical talking to.

Emma Raducanu

All the best. Really hope your treatment goes well. Take it easy

Dusty, you reached out to me when I wasn't doing great and was isolating myself from a lot of people, including on here, especially on here, and you tried to understand me. I've never forgotten that and while I hope I said thank you at the time, every time I see you post, I feel a certain kinship and warmth for the support you gave me a few years back. I really hope you kick that cancer right up the fucking arse mate. Please do check in whenever you're feeling up to it and you'll get a torrent of warmth and affection from us here. Sending lots of love, and thank you.

shiftwork2

What shit news.  All the very best Dusty.

All Surrogate

Twed

castro diaz

A good egg (egg).

Get it fucked, man.

mothman

non capisco

Bin it, Dusty. All my best, pal.

Thursday

You're a good lad Dusty. Hope you punch the fuck out of that cancer prick.

selectivememory

All the best to you, Dusty. Hoping your treatments go well.

The Unknown

All the very best, DG. You'll be shitting comfortably in no time.

Kryton

Best wishes Dusty. Stay strong!

Very sorry to hear this news. A fantastic contributor to this board and decent egg, full stop. All the best and keep fighting.