Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,185
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:54:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News about Dusty Gozongas

Started by NoSleep, October 09, 2018, 02:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

I think he was known as arqara or something similar in days gone by? (Deduced from tags)

The posts were few and far between in recent years but always worth reading. Goodbye Alan.

manticore

Rest in peace Alan. This was his post about Marc.

Quote from: Dusty Gozongas on May 01, 2018, 06:41:21 PM
I'm not good at joining with others on internet fora at times like this although I'm glad to have been able to communicate briefly with Serge via PM whilst he was 'putting his affairs in order' as they say.  It's not often you get the chance to do that, so I think it's fair to say that we've all had a chance to say goodbye to a lovely man (even if he did the goodbyes on our behalf).

His approach to the end of his life reminded me of a very close friend who lifted me from a dark place before succumbing to cancer themself. I nearly lost it when they told me, but it took only a few words to put me straight. That's another story, and would be 'all about me' etc. This isn't the place for that.

Serge. You were a good man A lovely man. Nobody's gonna forget you mate :-) X

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 15, 2018, 09:57:38 AM
Awful news. But, I have to say, what a post to bow out on.

That is a corker of a post.

This is terrible news. RIP Dusty.

Custard

mothman

RIP DG. 2018 has turned out to be CaB's own personal 2016...

wosl

Awful news.  Another of the good 'uns is taken.  I associated him especially with Oscillations, but having a look now I see he roved around all over the shop, putting me to shame.  Thanks for helping to make this place the life raft it is, Dusty.  RIP.

Black Ship

Aw, shit dude. I don't think I really knew Dusty that well, but still, what with what happened with Serge/Marc earlier this year, its upsetting to lose another CABber. It's like losing a family member.

RIP DG.

non capisco

Ah, jeez. Really sorry to hear this. RIP Senor Gozongas.

Thomas

Always very sad to lose a member of this community, and to have to leave them behind, whether you knew them well or not. Thanks for finding his moving comments on Serge's death, manticore. Fitting to repost here.

Thursday

Dex Sawash

Can only think that somewhere Dusty's avatar (now missing) is doing its perpetual motion illusion.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 15, 2018, 06:18:54 PM
Can only think that somewhere Dusty's avatar (now missing) is doing its perpetual motion illusion.

shiftwork2

Very sad news.  Best wishes to his family and friends.

biniput

Oh dear another good one gone to wherever. Was a very good, very consistent, regular.

I am poor at commas sorry.

ziggy starbucks

Twed

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 15, 2018, 03:57:05 PM
That is a corker of a post.
That user title...

RIP Dusty. You were excellent, and will take the mystery of how you are named after an Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode aired six months after you registered to the grave.

I can only repeat what I said earlier in the thread and which I'm really glad he read: He was really good to me, very kind and understanding when I didn't necessarily deserve it. You don't forget that kind of thing. Lots of love to you all.

zomgmouse

Twit 2

Fucking hell, this whole thread somehow passed me by. What a shitshow. And another example of profound and moving stoicism. Humbling.

Brundle-Fly

Absorb the anus burn

Mister Six

Horrible news. Rest in peace, Dusty.

canadagoose

Sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, Dusty. You seemed like a decent sort.

Ambient Sheep

Such horrible, tragic news.

A few years ago Dusty PM'd me when I was going through a rough time, sharing some of the unbelievably rough times he'd gone through himself; I was amazed he was still standing.

He was one of the few Verbwhores I'd never met that I really wanted to, someday.  Ah well, so it goes.

I've just noticed that he was last active at 10pm on Halloween; how grimly fitting.

RIP Dusty, you were one of the good ones.  Sorry I didn't manage to say goodbye before you left.