Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:56:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Would I Lie To You S12 (12th October)

Started by olliebean, October 10, 2018, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Starts this Friday. The line-up according to Reddit is:

12x1    Alex Jones and Rachel Parris    Stacey Dooley and Henning Wehn
12x2    Olivia Colman and Jon Richardson    Aston Merrygold and Michaela Strachan
12x3    Dion Dublin and Lucy Porter    Debbie McGee and Bob Mortimer
12x4    Ronan Keating and Georgia Toffolo    Rhod Gilbert and Ellie Taylor
12x5    Prue Leith and Big Narstie    Scarlett Moffatt and Tomasz Schafernaker
12x6    Emma Bunton and Shaun Williamson    Jo Brand and Jonnie Peacock
12x7    Diane Morgan and Richard Osman    Daisy May Cooper and Rory Reid
12x8    Mary Portas and Paul Sinha    Rylan Clark-Neal and Sara Pascoe
12x9 (Xmas)    Lily Allen and Noddy Holder    James Acaster and Sian Gibson

But they're being shown out of order, because we're straight in with Bob Mortimer in episode 1!

lankyguy95

I was at the Bob Mortimer one and it was a lot of fun.

Most of those lineups look a bit shit though.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: olliebean on October 10, 2018, 02:38:10 PM

12x5    Prue Leith and Big Narstie    Scarlett Moffatt and Tomasz Schafernaker
12x6    Emma Bunton and Shaun Williamson    Jo Brand and Jonnie Peacock

Christ.

Kelvin

For one glorious moment, I thought Alex Jones meant this guy

But then I remembered he only knows how to tell The Truth!!!!!!

biggytitbo

At least half of those on the list I have never heard of.

Small Man Big Horse

I wish they'd just have comedians on and not any soap or sporting stars, this used to be the only panel show I was fond of but I've a feeling quite a few of those episodes are going to be a slog to get through.

holyzombiejesus

There are loads of sporting people and actors that I'd prefer to see on it rather than Jo Brand, Rhod Gilbert or Sara Pascoe again.

biggytitbo

Yeah its often the non comedians who have been the thing on this, old actors especially are usually good value.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 10, 2018, 03:38:05 PM
Yeah its often the non comedians who have been the thing on this, old actors especially are usually good value.

Old actors yes, but the sports stars have almost always been awful, as have the bland presenter types.

Mango Chimes

Mmm. Looking back, though, most of the panels look pretty thin gruel, usually with just one 'well, they should be decent' guest an episode. And it's worked out alright so far.

Dr Rock

I'll be looking forward to Shaun Williamson as if any of his stories are about being a singing postman who grew up in the council estate next to mine I'll have an advantage.

the science eel

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 10, 2018, 03:32:06 PM
There are loads of sporting people and actors that I'd prefer to see on it rather than Jo Brand, Rhod Gilbert or Sara Pascoe again.

Sara Pascoe's lovely.

Yeah, the sports stars, presenters and reality show people are generally poor. It seems like they're booking two comedians for each show but the Big Narstie episode is baffling. Why wouldn't they have a comedian in the line-up?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" Dion Dublin " ?  who the fuck is that ? Dion Dublin, indeed.

kitsofan34

Aston Villa's no.9 and inventor of percussion instrument "The Dube", you IDIOT.

Utter Shit

Not to mention owner of a penis which was described as 'magnificent' by no less an authority than Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Utter Shit on October 11, 2018, 10:52:25 AM
Not to mention owner of a penis which was described as 'magnificent' by no less an authority than Sir Alex Ferguson.
"Like a tin of vim with an orange at the end" was the line I heard. Perhaps that will be Dion's "True or False" bit.

Either that or whether or not it was his dad who played drums in Showaddywaddy.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Kelvin on October 10, 2018, 02:57:06 PM
For one glorious moment, I thought Alex Jones meant this guy

But then I remembered he only knows how to tell The Truth!!!!!!

RedRevolver

Don't want to sound like the cunt that doesn't trust Reddit sources, but TV Guide didn't let me down last week where the Beeb's official statement did (regarding HIGNFY).

Anyway, TVGuide.co.uk says Bob Mortimer is this week, not e03. Let's see who wins, shall we?

olliebean

Yes, I mentioned at the bottom of the first post that they're being shown out of order. Bob's was the 3rd one recorded but the first one in the airing order.

Pseudopath

Holy shit...that was a belter. Absolute tears here.

Same here... Jesus... That was incredible

Pseudopath

"David...honestly. If there's one thing...please don't base it on the albumen whitening. It does not happen. I can't have a bath at 80-plus degrees."

I bet Bob was a cracking lawyer back in the day.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Bob really is the perfect panelist for this show, as 99% of the time it really is impossible to tell if he's lying or not. Even his most absurd stories have an air of plausibility, because you can - or want to - believe that they actually happened to this adorable, hilarious man.

Quote from: Pseudopath on October 12, 2018, 10:21:17 PM
I bet Bob was a cracking lawyer back in the day.

Better Call Bob.

Captain Z

Well well, Kiss The Alderman, who knew.

olliebean

I fear they may have peaked too early in this series...

the science eel

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 12, 2018, 10:33:04 PM
Bob really is the perfect panelist for this show, as 99% of the time it really is impossible to tell if he's lying or not. Even his most absurd stories have an air of plausibility, because you can - or want to - believe that they actually happened to this adorable, hilarious man.

He's aces.

And he shook the hand of his brewing partner as he left (it bothers me that most of the time the panellists don't do that)