Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would I Lie To You S12 (12th October)

Started by olliebean, October 10, 2018, 02:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

Oh, has it moved to Mondays? What the fuck is that about. I know everyone time shifts these days but I still prefer to watch stuff as it goes out.

Captain Z

I'm not sure why they did that, they shifted Not Going Out forward by an hour on Friday too, for no apparent reason.

Decent episode again. Ed Gamble seemed very at home but didn't have much to do. Maybe one of his will appear in the end-of-series compilation.

Something about moving Death in Paradise to Friday because the football was on in its usual slot.

Quote from: Malcy on February 08, 2021, 10:56:25 PM
Really good this week. Seemed to be a time code left on the screen at one point of the mystery guest round.

Mr Motivator's appearance was bizarre though. His one card essentially said that he could do 67 press-ups every day. He - a man who is only known for his fitness - then demonstrated that he can do loads of press-ups. Then everyone said it was true, which of course it was. All over in about 2 minutes. It was like giving David Mitchell a card saying that he appeared in 54 episodes of a show that became Channel 4's longest running sitcom.

Apart from that it was another good episode. I don't know if they've got new writers or researchers but it's been given a new lease of life after a few desperately poor series. I had Dan Walker down as dull but he turned out to be a great booking, and I like how the lies they give to David and Lee have gone full circle: it used to be boring that they're always lies, but now they provide a good opportunity for improvisation.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on February 11, 2021, 07:12:46 AM
Mr Motivator's appearance was bizarre though. His one card essentially said that he could do 67 press-ups every day. He - a man who is only known for his fitness - then demonstrated that he can do loads of press-ups. Then everyone said it was true, which of course it was. All over in about 2 minutes. It was like giving David Mitchell a card saying that he appeared in 54 episodes of a show that became Channel 4's longest running sitcom.

heh!

Mr Motivator *reading from card* "I am wearing... a hat"

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on February 11, 2021, 07:12:46 AM

He wasn't in Desmond's, was he?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've just watched that episode with Mr. Motivator. Did anyone else notice that the questions Mr. Motivator asked the members of the opposing team were fucking stupid? He asked yer woman out of " Derry Girls" to supply a fake hiccup after she'd told her " my top mate here scared me to rid me of hiccups, so he did " story. She was polite enough to do so, then said " well, that was fucking helpful for you wasn't it, yer great big eejit?" ( not in those exact words, but you could tell she was thinking that). One of his other questions ( not to " Derry Girls" girl) was " is there a castle there?", and it was ABSOLUTELY FUCKING APROPOS OF NOTHING.

Also, I really want a bowl of Rice Crispies now.

Also, did I ever mention Sara Pascoe looks uncannily similar to a French lady I used to know?

Bronzy

Johnny Vegas is on this tonight, hopefully a entertaining watch.

beanheadmcginty

Loved Line of Duty lady ripping the piss out of Mitchell over the owl story.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

^ Line Of Duty lady has a name, and that name is Anna Maxwell- Martin. I enjoyed that bit too, especially her fairly mean impression of David Mitchell's voice. Another highlight of the show would be her looking fit as fuck cracking up during the " This is my..." bit, halfway through naming the fell Cat Bells ( which does actually exist, in the Lake District, innit).

I also knew Johnny Vegas was telling the truth about him and his mate trying to pass themselves off as Take That at the now sadly no longer extent St.Helens Show, as I used to vaguely know him back in the day. When his mate piped up, I must admit to being made up at hearing another genuine St. Helens accent on British Telly.

cacciaguida

I had only ever seen Anna Saint-Maximin-Martin on Line of Duty up until now.

Not to turn this into the Phwaoooarh thread but

Spoiler alert
I liked her
[close]

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

"Yes, It's true, cacciaguida has the temerity to come on here on a comedy forum, bold as brass, without having seen the comedy series " Motherland" or top on the telly every six months film " Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa". Now we move onto our next round, " This third round is basically exactly the same as the first fucking round" , in which..."

olliebean

I'm pretty sure I've heard Vegas tell the Take That story before.