Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:10:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What will the next wave of consoles be named?

Started by The Boston Crab, October 10, 2018, 07:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Given the supposed new Switch model coming in 2019, rumours about the next XB streaming console option and Sony apparently scrapping the PSX Experience expo thing to have a proper run up at the next actual console launch, as well as the massive dearth of games on the horizon for that piece of shit box, let's have a sportsman's bet on what they'll all be called, or any new consoles you think will come to market.

Switch DX

Xbox On/Off (online and offline versions)

PlayStation 5ive

Neo Geo Cunny Farn

Lemming

XBOX ZERO

PlayStation 5, but it'll be officially named "PS5", and everyone will be forced to refer to it as "pee ess five" at all times, and some cunt will say "actually it's PS5" if anyone tries to call it "PlayStation Five"

Gamecube Reborn

Alberon

Final generation consoles.

After them all the games will be streamed online to relatively cheap hardware.

biggytitbo

I don't buy the streaming thing whilst so many people still have absolutely shite internet.

mobias

Quote from: Alberon on October 10, 2018, 08:25:35 PM
After them all the games will be streamed online to relatively cheap hardware.

It'll happen one day but not for a while. Too many people are without fast internet or have unreliable internet and much of the internet infrastructure in a lot of the Western world is behind the curve when it comes streaming increasingly high resolution games with the low levels of latency needed for online gaming.

Consoles have a good few generations of life in them yet.

biggytitbo

I think Microsoft next offering will be 2 consoles that play the same games, 1 cheap box that streams them and one traditional console that plays them locally. Not sure about Sony though, Sony are a Japanese company and isn't the Internet even shitter in Japan than over here?

There's a streaming version of AC Odyssey for the Switch in Japan so I assume it's better than our third world bollocks.

MojoJojo

Nintendo will try to relive earlier glories with the Nintendo Poo. It

Malcy

Xbox None

Nintendo WiiBoy

PlayStation £500

I'm still playing the 360. I'm not that into modern console gaming to justify buying a current gen to play a handful of games. Will definitely by the next gen for the next GTA though.

I'm happy enough with my 360, PS2 and Mega Drive setup at the moment!

boki

Phillips are based in Eindhoven, so what's the betting Sony are tempted to call their next console the PSV?