Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:36:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How to Get the Old Youtube Format Back

Started by manticore, October 10, 2018, 11:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manticore

You will all know this already, but I've only just found out, so too bad I'm going to tell you anyway. If you don't like the way youtube presents itself now, you can change it back to the old format by doing this:

1. Sign-out from your YouTube channel
2. Search on YouTube "restore youtube old layout"
3. Then you will be able to view 3 dots - click on them
4. There you will see the option for the YouTube old layout

Worked for me anyway.

mojo filters

Where is this happening - phone apps, tablet apps, desktop/laptop browsers, all over various platforms, etc?

Fat Jesus

Thanks for this, manticore! I thought they'd taken away the ability to change it back and that I was stuck with the new layout.

Barry Admin

Does this get rid of the twitter/Facebook style update shit from people on the front page, in the app? That's doing my nut in.

JesusAndYourBush

What new layout?  Is this one of those things they roll out randomly at different times for different people?

bgmnts

Does this get rid of the vast amount of irrating pointless cunts and their inane clutter? Going back to the good old days of new content?

manticore

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions as I only have a pc, know nothing about all these technologies and am a stranded whale flapping about on the beach of this subforum.

I just hated the new format youtube gave me when I logged out once and logged back in again, and had to search around for ages to find a way of going back and eventually found this one that actually worked.

Neomod

Wasn't the last redesign of youtube January 2017?

Barry Admin

On the app anyway, it's got polls and other attention-seeking shit now. I don't want to read and scroll past polls, fuck off.

Johnny Yesno

Thanks, man. I wasn't keen on the new format and have now reverted back.

mojo filters

Tonight my iPad 1st gen suddenly changed the YouTube format slightly in Safari, where I watch via the mobile site since planned obsolescence rendered the app useless.

Now I can't use the square in the bottom left to enlarge the picture, it just turns all black and keeps playing the sound if I press it!

I've got the three dots still, but can't see any option other than changing to desktop format - which does not work in Safari.

Any ideas?

(Apart from telling me to buy a newer iPad or do something complicated with iTunes and a Mac I don't have...after losing a load of valuable music via unfixable mechanical HD iPods and the irritation I've suffered from Apple making my perfectly serviceable iPad 1 virtually unusable for everything but watching albeit imperfect YouTube videos, I have no intention of buying any more of their products!)

mojo filters

Never mind, I found a bizarre fix that seems solid...

After trying to enlarge the screen, if I press the 3 dots but then just cancel the menu, the full screen appears!

Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.

biggytitbo

When you say get the old format back, what is the new format? Youtube doesn't look like its changed in ages for me.

manticore

Quote from: biggytitbo on October 19, 2018, 07:58:18 AM
When you say get the old format back, what is the new format? Youtube doesn't look like its changed in ages for me.

If you're talking to me me, it seems that the last redesign was in 2017, but it only affected me recently because I hadn't logged out and back in for years and when I did it gave me this unpleasant new layout that showed me lots more stuff I wasn't interested in, was more difficult to navigate and reduced the size of the chat window next to video streams. Apparently it's different on different devices but I only have a PC.

So if you can remember back to 2017, I suppose that's what you would be going back to, on a PC anyway.