Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop Cup Comp?

Started by Pythov, February 22, 2004, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccab

Quote from: "Cerys"How about six?  Gives scope for four shots a day.

It's a delicate balance here between preventing the contest sprawling out over weeks & allowing everyone enough time to finish their mongs. With 6hrs, if 16 people play & they all use up the maximum amount of time, the first 2 rounds will last over a week & everyone will be getting bored.  It might leave the continual stream of posts idea a bit to constipated. Aren't you seduced by the cut-throat appeal? the speed? the pressure?

edit -

what about this. how about if, after 3hrs, anyone can post a claim to mong next & if they don't - then you can risk carrying on?

TOCMFIC - with this system i'm trying to sell, you'd post whenever you had enough time & no-one else was monging.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "ccab"Aren't you seduced by the cut-throat appeal? the speed? the pressure?

Maybe not everybody can afford to spend 6 hours in front of Photoshop in a night.

ccab

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
Maybe not everybody can afford to spend 6 hours in front of Photoshop in a night.

Couldn't you knock one out in 90mins/2 hrs? when is a mong finished anyway? we could go on perfecting these things for years - but keeping everyone interested would be complicated.  

remember - whatever time limit's set, everyone's similarly constrained by it.

the thing I'm trying to avoid here is what assmaster was referring to - something that becomes a huge cumbersome slug slithering on for weeke or months & wearing everyone down. don't you think something relatively brief & exciting would be better?

Hairy Chin

I move for the contest to be called "Photoshoppy Jalopy".

I have nothing more to bring to the discussion at this point.

ccab

'Discussion'  means complications - and this is better if it's simple & if everyone understands what they're doing. So, let's forget my suggestion and go with the popular & more straightforward idea of the man in the middle setting the starting image & players having 48hrs to mong a response.  Here's the rules then, changed accordingly & the name change thanks to Hairy Chin.

OK if everyone's happy with it - find a man for the middle, send him off to find a suitable starting image & let's get this thing underway!

Abbie

I would like to play, losers.

Nearly Annually

I would like to play losers too.

But if the 48 hour rule's going to apply over weekends, I'm aat, like Grant Mitchell.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Nearly Annually"But if the 48 hour rule's going to apply over weekends, I'm aat, like Grant Mitchell.

What are you going to do, spend the weekend cuddling and wiping the arse of a tiny minature version of yourself?

Fucking narcissist.

Nearly Annually

My not having a pooter at home is due almost entirely to CaB.

I'm sure you're all as thankful as I am that I can't be here 24-7.

Dr David V

Count me in, the only quibble I've got is that 800x600 is a bit big, isn't it?

Oh, and once the first image has been posted, all the contestants have 48 hours to get their entries in, and they're all responsding to the same image, am I correct?

ccab

Quote from: "Dr David V"am I correct?

Yes, you've got the idea..

splattermac

grease me up, I'm re-entering

TOCMFIC

Quote from: "splattermac"grease me up, I'm re-entering

Oh now there's a lovely image:)

Rubbish Monkey

oh go on then, you've twisted my elbow. I'll give it a whirl, it might teach me something new and improve the state of my mongables.

Spaced Cadet

Rules a-go-go. When is all this kicking off then?

Cerys

Quote from: "Dr David V"Count me in, the only quibble I've got is that 800x600 is a bit big, isn't it?

I agree.  How about sticking to the old 600x400 format?

Cerys

What about the poor old 56k'ers?

Hairy Chin

Can I be the fella in the middle? I'll happily push and shove.

EDIT:
I just want to feel part of something because I can't photoshop.

Vermschneid Mehearties

ccab

Quote from: "Cerys"What about the poor old 56k'ers?

Hopefully threads will be broken up with lots of sickening back-slapping & insincere flattery - so it shouldn't take too long to load each page. If it does - patience is a great quality all 56k'ers develop eventually, like calluses and scowls. Besides - could you sleep at night knowing you'd walled off 200x200 of everyone's creativity??

QuoteWhen is all this kicking off then?

Since this is his baby, I thought it would be nice for pythov to start it off. But he seems to have disappeared.

Any objections to Hairy Chin being the man in the middle?

Pythov

Gah!, I haven't dissapeared, I just was waiting for a responsible adult to take control.

Thanks for organising things ccab, I didn't think the idea would take off, but you have done a great job of gee-ing things up from the start.

BTW VHs please don't rely on me for the first mong, I can barely cut and paste, I just enjoy seeing what abbie, cerys and everyone comes up with.  Although I will try a mong, I don't expect to get anywhere in this comp myself.

Benny J. Fish

Can I play?

I might have to drop out cause of the 48 hrs, but if I sort out home internet quickly, I'll whup yo' pansy asses (Or go out instantly against Fanny Splendid)

splattermac

Benny Benny Benny (best Sicilian accent)

it's already in the third round, a couple of threads down, photoshop jalopy its called