Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,371
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:07:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Humble Book Bundle thread

Started by Noonling, October 17, 2018, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

Week after week they seem to do non-fiction "Make" or "Coding" type things - and thats all fine and good I suppose, but I'm only interested in the fiction (unless they did a variety of interesting non-fiction rather than single topic bundles...)

Anyway, there's finally a fiction one, namely horror genre (runs until Oct 31st):
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/tales-of-horror-books

I'm generally not one for horror, but I feel I should branch out - and some of them are short story collections so I might as well!

Any of those in particular you'd recommend, or recommend avoiding?

Sin Agog

I've read most of those horror manga and enjoyed all of them. There's something about that medium's spare, black and white lines that really lends itself to horror.  The ones in that selection also have some pretty trippy, Cronenbergian body horror ideas.

If you've never read Alan Moore's From Hell, it might be worth getting the last package for that, but if you're not already a big fan of the genre, all of those might be a job's lot too far.

I've probably read a few of the stories in some of the anthologies, but you'll have to rely on others to vouch for the books without pictures (although, what, sixty percent of that bundle must be graphic novels).