Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Broadband deals?

Started by Barry Admin, October 18, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I just cancelled my Virgin Media package, I couldn't get a better offer out of them. They were willing to go down to £35 for what they said is 100mps, but I thought I could get them to £30. No deal.

So the cancellation is scheduled, and I might try ringing back in a week or two to see if they've any other offers for me. I need to get my phone number registered with them in case any thirsty outbound sales reps want to call me.

But if I'm leaving, then what other options are there? I want something that's good and fast for games, their connection felt fairly laggy tbh. That's all I use the connection for tbh, and the TV hasn't been on in months, but I suppose free channels are nice to have.

Any suggestions?

AsparagusTrevor

The Black Friday deals should start popping up in a few weeks but I'd imagine you don't want to be without internet for that long - I know I wouldn't.

I think BT are generally regarded as reliable although they can be pricey outside their (fairly regular) offers. They've got 50mbps fibre for £30 p/m at the moment.

I'm with Talktalk who everyone seems to hate but I haven't had issues with, they've treated me well over the years.

Barry Admin

It takes 30 days to disconnect, and I don't really mind waiting either, so yeah maybe you're onto something with Black Friday deals.

Fibre any good? Any differences in that for gaming?

AsparagusTrevor

In theory fibre should be ideal for gaming, fast speeds and low latency.

Plus of course there's actually downloading games which are growing in size. I'm a single-player gamer myself but I've recently bought a PS4 Pro and redownloaded about 1.5TB of games over the weekend which isn't bad going.