Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daredevil - Season 3

Started by Custard, October 19, 2018, 12:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

So this is back. All 13 episodes have been lobbed on Netflix.

After a very good first season, I thought the second was a disappointment. All the focus seemed to go on The Punisher, making yer 'Devil second fiddle in his own show, and the villains were pretty shit too. It all felt overblown and clunky. Defenders was a badly written mess, too.

Still, there's been a two year break and there's rumours Kingpin may return in this one, and he's great, so let's see eh

I know someone who will watch each new season in one day. I don't think I'd even do that for something really special, like The Sopranos or The Wire, but each to his/her own!

Custard

niat

I enjoyed season 1 and a lot of season 2, especially the Punisher bits, but all of these Marvel series could be improved by trimming the fat and reducing the episodes to 10 per season. Daredevil season 2 just went on for too long, and some of the others, Jessica Jones S2 for example, were interminable.

Custard

Agreed on trimming it down to ten episodes. 13 hours of it equals so much time-wasting and padding.

That's the one thing The Defenders got right. I think it was eight episodes. Still felt drawn-out and flabby, mind!

Bazooka

Late to the shin dig, but I enjoyed this season, was it a bit flat on the cinematics compared to S1&S2? Yes, but I enjoyed the condensed series, mainly because it didnt involve the hand. Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio were a step above everyone else, its a shame it won't be concluded. I'm not a huge comic fan, but Daredevil is probably my favourite H-E-R-O.

AsparagusTrevor