Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,315
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:04:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rule of Three

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, October 20, 2018, 10:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin Agog

Hasn't there been a Remain Indoors/Mitchell & Webb Look special since then?  Quite enjoyed playing that in the garden on my broken deck chair.

Agree about Izzard.  At least when it comes to interviews.  He's an old busking friend of my parents and has made sure to put them on the guestlist whenever he's in town.  Doesn't make him not a bore, though.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on March 13, 2020, 09:47:45 AM
I do really enjoy Rule of Three, but far prefer it when Morris and Hazeley act as enthusiastic fans rather than dispensers of wisdom.

As others have said, if you're a fan of the chosen subject then it makes for a frustrating listening experience, as they confidently get things entirely wrong.

That really annoys me too. I do like this podcast, I'm glad it exists, but Jason Hazeley sounds like hard work. He's probably a nice bloke, but he doesn't half love the sound of his own voice. It never seems to occur to him that he might be wrong about something, he always presents his opinions as fact.

Anyway, it can still be enjoyable. The recent episode with Paul Putner waxing lyrical about the first Not the Nine O' Clock News LP was a good un.

Dewt

phantom_power

And Joel Morris was the lead singer in the band Candidate, who did the Bonzo-esque The Leader, amongst others

Dewt

crazy

Plus their faces are longer than I thought, less doughy

I used to have trouble telling their voices apart, but I now recognise Morris as the one who chips in occasionally while Hazeley holds forth.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 06, 2020, 12:57:40 AM
I used to have trouble telling their voices apart, but I now recognise Morris as the one who chips in occasionally while Hazeley holds forth.

Other way round, isn't it?

lb99

Definitely the other way around.

Dusty Substance

Izzard's a bit much. Even the one who interrupts the guests (can never tell which one's which) isn't able to get a word in.

Quote from: lb99 on April 06, 2020, 04:53:30 PM

Yep, I've made quite the fool of myself here.

EOLAN

Quote from: lb99 on April 06, 2020, 04:53:30 PM

I can tell the two voices apart quite clearly. I just am never going to remember who is who. The guy with the slightly lower toned voice is the one that doesn't interrupt and talks a bit slower.

Pranet

It's easy. Hazley is sort of a gruff name, and he has a sort of gruff voice. Joel is a perky sort of name, and he has a perky sort of voice.

Dusty Substance

The Ghostbusters episode is even more confusing as Jim Field-Smith sounds like a cross between the two of them.