Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jam is on UK Gold again

Started by New Jack, October 22, 2018, 06:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Jack

On tonight at 2:40am, what a time!

garbed_attic

I first accidentally chanced upon it as a young teenager watching late-night channel 4 in the midst of 'The Gush'... genuinely thought it was a real documentary at first. Horrifying.

Dragon

If anyone's interested, the UK Gold broadcasts include the original music selections for "Doc Phone Sex" and "Musical Chairs", which were replaced on the DVD.

Ambient Sheep

Yes, I'd been wondering whether to mention this, this is at least the second if not third time this year they've been shown.  Not having seen a thread on here before now I just assumed it was common knowledge.

The Armando Iannucci Shows too, which I've been thoroughly enjoying for the first time, likewise Limmy's Show, although being a soft southern shite I can't understand about 15% of it.  Oh, and Nathan Barley.

Quote from: Dragon on October 26, 2018, 07:46:59 PMIf anyone's interested, the UK Gold broadcasts include the original music selections for "Doc Phone Sex" and "Musical Chairs", which were replaced on the DVD.

This is interesting, especially because the UK Gold showings ARE cut -- I noticed that Unflustered Parents' "Sounds like he was buggered quite a lot and then strangled" has gone.  It's not a crude chop either, it's been properly re-edited, with David Cann's "bloody Mike Holland" line now being visibly spoken by him rather than during Julia Davis' mirror-twirling, and the music doesn't jump or anything.

At some point I hope to back-to-back them all against the DVDs to check for further cuts; a few weeks ago I Googled thinking that surely *someone* must have already made one, but if so I can't find it.  Was there one on the main part of this site, pre-hackage?

Queneau

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 22, 2018, 11:09:19 PM
The Armando Iannucci Shows too, which I've been thoroughly enjoying for the first time, likewise Limmy's Show, although being a soft southern shite I can't understand about 15% of it.

The first time you've watched the Iannucci Shows or the first time you've enjoyed it? If the former how has it escaped you for so long. What a thoroughly brilliant show! Limmy is great too. Doesn't take much from him to elicit a laugh from me, in fairness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIm8Q1VPoqQ