Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People you thought were younger or older than they were

Started by George White, October 23, 2018, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

I always assumed Jonathan Cainer was a good ten years older than he was, until he died.

Carly Rae Jepsen being a good ten years younger than she is.

Sharon D. Clarke I presumed from the Crust was about ten years older at least. Needless to say, she actually hasn't aged since then.

Quote from: George White on October 23, 2018, 10:46:04 AM
Sharon D. Clarke I presumed from the Crust was about ten years older at least. Needless to say, she actually hasn't aged since then.

Had to see if that was the same Sharon D. Clarke who sang vocals on Nomad - I Wanna Give You Devotion & it was.

The Lurker

Jason Earles is 41 and was playing teenagers on kids TV when he was in his 30s.

biggytitbo

I don't now how Harry Dean Stanton managed to be 91 when he died. I thought he was just craggy.

mrpupkin

Catherine Keener was born in the 1950s which seems mental. I thought she was about 45, despite already being 40 when Being John Malkovich came out in 1999.

Paul Calf

kittens

i thought i was still in my early twenties at the latest but it turns out i'm very almost 30

gmoney

I thought I'd encountered some wikipedia vandalism when I read that James Lipton was in his late 80s (at the time, he's 92 now). I had him in the mid 60s bracket. 

Ronalado

linnel MESSE act like babey in the head but body is old like old man and smol can not walk or even run. Maybe is 2 or 60?

acuely is 31! For roman god body, who is king? Answer is easy. Even with 33 or 34 year, ronalado NOT DIE FIRST.

Cloud

Brian Cox.

Does not look 50 at all to me, I thought he was about my age (mid 30s).  And yes, I would.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Cloud on October 23, 2018, 12:14:46 PM
Brian Cox.

Does not look 50 at all to me, I thought he was about my age (mid 30s).  And yes, I would.

Blimey, I had no idea, I'm with you there and had no idea he was older than me, let alone 50.

biggytitbo

It's the mysterious forces of the universe and immense amounts of botox that does it.

Icehaven

I don't even know much about her but I was amazed to learn Janis Joplin was a 27 Club member, from the few songs I've heard and pictures I've seen I'd have thought she was more like 47.

Keebleman

Alan Gilzean, former Spurs player, died earlier this year just short of 80.  Odd thing is, he looked not too far short of 80 during his playing days.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6725025/alan-gilzean-dead-aged-79-tottenham-spurs-brain-tumour/

Quote from: Keebleman on October 23, 2018, 02:43:08 PM
Alan Gilzean, former Spurs player, died earlier this year just short of 80.  Odd thing is, he looked not too far short of 80 during his playing days.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6725025/alan-gilzean-dead-aged-79-tottenham-spurs-brain-tumour/

Scottish wasn't he? Those Scottish genes and the way everyone looked old by the time they were 35 in the 60's and 70's would have done it.

im barry bethel

Peter Brackley died last week aged 67 which made him only early forties during the Football Italia heyday

George White

Quote from: The Lurker on October 23, 2018, 11:19:16 AM
Jason Earles is 41 and was playing teenagers on kids TV when he was in his 30s.
A lot of people do.

Catherine Keener did surprise me initially, but she'd been working for a long time, playing the sidekick in Pat Morita "he's not Irish" cop show Ohara.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Keebleman on October 23, 2018, 02:43:08 PM

"Maybe it's a Spurs thing?" said 25 year old Ralph Coates in 1971.

Vodka Margarine

William Shatner is pushing 90. That can't be right.

Cloud

Quote from: Vodka Margarine on October 23, 2018, 09:41:39 PM
William Shatner is pushing 90. That can't be right.

And yet still lurks 4chan and uses modern buzzwords like "SJW".  What a guy.

Keebleman

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 23, 2018, 09:35:29 PM
"Maybe it's a Spurs thing?" said 25 year old Ralph Coates in 1971.

Coates is looking quite youthful there, compared to other pics of him I've seen from around the same time.

But another Spurs guy: Jimmy Greaves.  It's not that he looked older than his years, but that when I first became aware of him - in the early 80s - with his balding head, walrus tache and barrel physique he looked nothing like the guy scowling in the England dugout during the 1966 World Cup Final.  I mean, his head looked like it had changed shape in the intervening years.  (See also: 1941 Frank Sinatra/1961 Frank Sinatra.)

Replies From View

George White

Quote from: thecuriousorange on October 24, 2018, 07:08:20 AM
Tim Westwood is in his sixties. Amazing.
A pal's cousin once did the UK Pimp My Ride, and I realised Westwood is slightly older than the cousin's dad.

Clarissa Dickson-Wright was only in her fifties when the Two Fat Ladies was on. Almost twenty years younger than Jennifer Paterson.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Richard Wilson was only 53 when "One Foot In The Grave" started. People might have thought he was older than he actually was at the time.

Tell you what, I'll throw in a Tag/ Morning Randolph from offa "Episodes" slinks out of thread furtively/ Tag, while I'm here.

And that's my contribution to this post.

George White

Quote from: Keebleman on October 24, 2018, 12:32:37 AM
Coates is looking quite youthful there, compared to other pics of him I've seen from around the same time.

But another Spurs guy: Jimmy Greaves.  It's not that he looked older than his years, but that when I first became aware of him - in the early 80s - with his balding head, walrus tache and barrel physique he looked nothing like the guy scowling in the England dugout during the 1966 World Cup Final.  I mean, his head looked like it had changed shape in the intervening years.  (See also: 1941 Frank Sinatra/1961 Frank Sinatra.)

This photo - Coates looks like Michael Hordern.

I always thought Rupert Murdoch was around 140, when in fact it turns out that he's only pushing 90!

A dehydrated prune, yesterday.

buttgammon

Quote from: Darles Chickens on October 24, 2018, 09:52:04 AM
I always thought Rupert Murdoch was around 140, when in fact it turns out that he's only pushing 90!

There must be a picture of him up in a loft where he looks even more horrible. Imagine that!

Bazooka

Quote from: Darles Chickens on October 24, 2018, 09:52:04 AM

He was great as the Grandpa in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.