Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Making a Murderer - Series 2 [split topic]

Started by holyzombiejesus, September 26, 2018, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabwalk

Quote from: Moribunderast on January 07, 2019, 07:42:52 AM
Like, how did the cops know Steven had accidentally got blood on his sink - thus allowing them to sneak in and clean/swab it up (as Zellner and Steven posit)?

They're not claiming it was the police, are they? They're claiming it was Bobby Dassey.

Replies From View

I think for the third series of this they are going to need a lot more murderers being made.

Series 1 and 2 went straight from Murderer to Murderer3 without having a Murderers in between.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on January 07, 2019, 03:44:00 PM
I think for the third series of this they are going to need a lot more murderers being made.

Series 1 and 2 went straight from Murderer to Murderer3 without having a Murderers in between.

James Cameron tried to clue them in by writing 'Murderer$' on a whiteboard but would they listen?  Would they bollocks!

Moribunderast

Quote from: Crabwalk on January 07, 2019, 12:08:56 PM
They're not claiming it was the police, are they? They're claiming it was Bobby Dassey.

Maybe? They brought it up in the doco episodes before Zellner fingers Bobby (hur hur) so I thought they were showing how easy it was for the police to do - but they could have been showing how easy it was for anyone to do.

I dunno, I get WHY Zellner points the finger at a bunch of people to show that they are suspects who were never investigated in the rush to nab Avery but I do still feel like her alternate theories involve a lot of convenience and happenstance and fuckaboutery. Then again, so does the case if Avery is guilty. I think what makes it so muddy is I feel like pretty much nobody involved is telling the absolute truth and so you don't know where to start trusting people's accounts.

Replies From View

The muddiness is the point, though, as far as reasonable doubt is concerned.

If there is reasonable doubt then Avery and Dassey shouldn't be in prison.

Crabwalk

Quote from: Moribunderast on January 08, 2019, 06:29:02 AM
Maybe? They brought it up in the doco episodes before Zellner fingers Bobby (hur hur) so I thought they were showing how easy it was for the police to do - but they could have been showing how easy it was for anyone to do.

Later in the series she dismisses it being the police and posits that it was likely Bobby.

BlodwynPig

steveh

In the latest twist, an inmate who claimed Steven Avery had confessed to him has now said that he killed Halbach in a "tragic accident" but he's probably lying: https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a29207470/inmate-confession-making-a-murderer-steven-avery-shawn-rech-interview/.