Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Widows

Started by saltysnacks, October 24, 2018, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltysnacks

I think I'm looking forward to this. I loved Hunger, thought it was an uncompromising biopic. I haven't really liked anything McQueen has made since though, Shame was awful and 12 Years A Slave was okay(-ish). Maybe he could make a good action-thriller, though I have to admit I'm interested because of its mostly female cast, not enough action films with mostly women imo.

BlodwynPig

saltysnacks

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 24, 2018, 02:54:06 PM
What's it about?

It's about widows finishing the bank heist that resulted in their husbands' deaths.

I should have put the trailer really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2yBBSRC78

It definitely has the potential to be awful, but I'm going to see it.

Sin Agog

That plot sounds a bit played out after the latest Ocean's movie and that recent Netflix series (Good Girls?).

Schnapple

You wouldn't reckon for this to be a Steve McQueen film from the trailer! Certainly not expecting any thirty-minute static shots. Saying that, I'm keen to see his take on the action genre, and it looks like it could be refreshingly tuff. Early word is alright, too.

Rev+

Quote from: Sin Agog on October 24, 2018, 03:48:23 PM
That plot sounds a bit played out after the latest Ocean's movie and that recent Netflix series (Good Girls?).

Plus the 80s TV series it's based on of course, but it's more of a premise than a plot.

Bhazor

Quote from: saltysnacks on October 24, 2018, 02:58:30 PM
It's about widows finishing the bank heist that resulted in their husbands' deaths.

I should have put the trailer really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2yBBSRC78

It definitely has the potential to be awful, but I'm going to see it.

Ahh fuck its Liam Neeson. That's a no from me. Though the knowledge he gets blown the fuck apart early in the movie does elevate slightly.

saltysnacks

Quote from: Bhazor on October 24, 2018, 10:27:06 PM
Ahh fuck its Liam Neeson. That's a no from me. Though the knowledge he gets blown the fuck apart early in the movie does elevate slightly.

He's really not good is he? I imagine the husbands will barely be in it though.

studpuppet

Quote from: Bhazor on October 24, 2018, 10:27:06 PM

Yeah - but he won't though, if it's the same plot as the original (which you should get on DVD instead because it's probably miles better...)

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Liam Neeson is a good actor, he's just appeared in loads of shite since reinventing himself as a middle-aged action star after Taken. He's grown lazy and complacent, but he was once a "proper" actor. Watch him in the likes of Schindler's List, Michael Collins and Husbands & Wives for proof of that.