Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:27:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Visit

Started by Clownbaby, October 27, 2018, 11:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

I've got a soft spot for M Night Shamahzing Shayamalan, because his directing style and filmography can be perfectly summarised as "hot mess" but even his shittest films, I think, have something about them that make me laugh or at least stick around to see how things wrap up. He's like the Nicolas Cage of directors, lurching from one odd choice to another and occasionally getting something right, but it's not clear if he's done it on purpose or not.

I finally caught The Visit last night and I quite liked it. I'm glad the twist weren't aliens and unusually for a film with 2 kids as the main characters I didn't want to kick the shit out of them and actually worried about their wellbeing. It wasn't a perfect film and the tone was very odd but that added to the intrigue, and the kids weren't complete morons and actually made a good strong effort to defend themselves and react fairly sensibly to all the shit that was going down, which is often a turnoff for me with horror films - when the protagonists are stupid as shit - so I wasn't tutting and huffing at the screen which was nice. All in all fairly solid M Night film, 7/10

studpuppet

*enters thread, realises it isn't about Desmond Wilcox, crawls back under rock*

Malcy

Quote from: studpuppet on October 27, 2018, 12:25:41 PM
*enters thread, realises it isn't about Desmond Wilcox, crawls back under rock*

I thought it was going to be about the BBC3 comedy set in a prison visiting room!

holyzombiejesus

The only good thing about this film was when that horrible little boy got shit smeared on his punchable fucking face.