Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MINCED PIES OF 2018

Started by Replies From View, October 29, 2018, 06:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on December 15, 2018, 04:12:16 PM
wifey has made some today and they are ace. got almonds and frangipane in them, taste nice and light.

I may give it a go today if I find the time.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: MuteBanana on December 15, 2018, 04:26:33 PM
Mashed up almonds

Thanks for telling me - I will probably forget again, though.

thraxx

HA HA LOOSERS MINCE PIES ARE FOR SUCKERS YULE LOGS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!   LOOOOOOOL PWNED!!!!!

Sebastian Cobb

Mince pies are shite. Whenever you encounter one ask yourself 'would this be better if this were a pork pie, or scotch egg?'

There you go.

Replies From View

Have you ever noticed that only idiots call them mince pies?  Interesting, isn't it.

Ferris

Quote from: Replies From View on December 15, 2018, 04:32:55 PM
Have you ever noticed that only idiots call them mince pies?  Interesting, isn't it.

Certainly makes you think.

MuteBanana

Hot or cold? That's the big question.

Cuellar

I just ate a frangipane one from Aldi. Normally I hate, HATE when people mess with mincéd pies, but these were alright. Like a bakewell tart etc.

thenoise

I have made minced pies with shop bought mincemeat, which is pointless but kept me quiet for a few minutes I guess, and I've made them with homemade mincemeat. This is als pointless but kills a lot more time which is nice and I made one of the pies a winking face which was for me.

I have made homemade diabetic mince pies for my bro/mum who are diabetic but they scoffed them and moved on to the shop ones too, the greedy guzzlers.

Pingers

I have just made a big batch to take to work tomorrow. I use this recipe for the mincemeat and this one for the pastry. People go mad for them, the pastry is really buttery and short and people love that. Around the start of December people start to ask me "when are you making the minced pies then?", a little too aggressively if you ask me.

I don't feel I can take that much credit for them as I'm just using other people's recipes, but they are fucking delicious, that is certain. They have become a bit of a Christmas fixture and it would now be scandalous for me not to make them. Also, it is genuinely the most positive response I get for anything I do all year (desolation).

im barry bethel

Hello Mr baker I'd like some heartburn and indigestion in a little foil tray