Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fast Show 25th Anniversary Special

Started by Malcy, October 29, 2018, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

paruses

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 03, 2019, 04:41:24 PM
"Don't touch it!" to be precise.

Of course.

And that detail is so important (not a pass-agg statement).

Agree with jobotic too that it's a fantastic "Oh god"

St_Eddie

Thinking about it, I reckon that the Cheeky Monkey scene is my personal highlight from the entirety of Knowing Me, Knowing You.

non capisco

"What do you get if you cross...no, not..what..if you cross.."

kalowski

Quote from: non capisco on May 03, 2019, 07:41:23 PM
"What do you get if you cross...no, not..what..if you cross.."
This is such a perfect, and well delivered line. Utterly brilliant. Someone said he was shit? Fucking hell. And someone said Simon Day was shit as well.

"That's weird. That's usually just drops in."

bigfatheart

Anyone who doesn't like John Thomson thinks that crinkle cut chips are a Chinese invention.

QDRPHNC

Is Simon Day the one who does Dave Angel Eco Warrior? If so then anyone who thinks he is bad is wrong.

Cold Meat Platter

Re. Simon Day, anyone who hasn't seen his sitcom Grass (based on the Billy Bleach character, you know, "someone sittin there mate" etc.) should give it a look. Lovely stuff.

Sebastian Cobb

So we're all agreed Mark Williams is bostin'?

Don't get the need to find a 'shit one' none of them stood out as bad.

paruses

Billy Bleach is fantastic.

From the loose change sketch:
[Mark Williams off-screen]: I'm £10 down
BB: Don't get out your pram mate, I'm trying to do you a favour!

Like to see Charlie Higson on the verge of corpsing there at  1'20.

Malcy

Simon Day is superb and fuck anyone who says he isn't. Grass was a great spin off and his radio series was great too.

magval

Quote from: Malcy on May 03, 2019, 11:14:19 PM
Simon Day is superb and fuck anyone who says he isn't. Grass was a great spin off and his radio series was great too.

He's probably overtaken Higson as my favourite over the years off the back of his contributions to Down the Line, and his radio series is absolutely brilliant, yes.

You Ain't Seen These Right, the longer DVD version particularly, is maybe my favourite Fast Show thing. Good shout, upthreaders.

Agree completely with anyone defending Arabella, as if she needed defending. She's fantastic. Does My Bum Look Big In This is shit, aye, but she's brilliant in everything else and even as straight man she's funny. Love her.

Jockice

What about Rhys Thomas then eh? He totally ruined the show.

NoOffenceLynn

A bit of Fast Show trivia for you all.

You will probably already have heard it if you listen to Athleico Mince. But anyway.

Bob Mortimer was recounting a story to Higson of how he was watching England V Germany in an English pub in Italy during the 1990 World Cup. The pub was packed to the rafters with English fans and when Germany scored there was a collective groan... Then a micro second later there came a lone "YASS!" from a German fan at the back of the pub. The whole pub turned to look at him in stunned silence.
The German fella upped and left very quickly. Bob said if he could read his mind, it would probably be saying "I'll get me coat".
Higson liked this story so much that he used the catchphrase in The Fast Show.

Jerzy Bondov

My favourite I'll Get Me Coat is the middle class version of Four Yorkshiremen. "We always ate salad OUT OF A WOODEN BOWL"

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Malcy on May 03, 2019, 11:14:19 PM
Simon Day is superb and fuck anyone who says he isn't.

His work in Bellamy's People is so great that I forget it's him.

BELLAMY'S PEOPLE - Geoffrey Allerton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMexzk3TA8

Bellamy's People - Tony Beckton Reformed Criminal : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ9umWIVN3A*

*Or if you prefer, Tony Beckton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjjX6seXQfo

Fuck, that's funny. I don't remember it at all. Bonus material?

paruses

Quote from: paruses on May 03, 2019, 10:35:20 PM
Billy Bleach is fantastic.

From the loose change sketch:
[Mark Williams off-screen]: I'm £10 down
BB: Don't get out your pram mate, I'm trying to do you a favour!

Like to see Charlie Higson on the verge of corpsing there at  1'20.

Forgot to post the link - in case anyone doesn't know how to use YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6QgHUJIQ5Q

jobotic

There's a Billy Bleach pub quiz sketch that I can never seem find. He's the quiz master and he says no students with Japanese girlfriends, or something. He then goes on to say that he has no problem with the Japanese, they had a couple in the quiz last week. Very nice but fell down on the boiled sweets round - they don't have them over there.

It's probably the first result on YouTube but I'm on my phone, see?

neveragain

I think that's in Series 3 if that helps. Probably doesn't.

willy crossit

Quote from: jobotic on May 06, 2019, 07:52:21 PM
He then goes on to say that he has no problem with the Japanese, they had a couple in the quiz last week. Very nice but fell down on the boiled sweets round - they don't have them over there.

Fucking hell that's funny. I've never seen that so someone post a link if they have it.

Love Simon Day, Bleach the best but Dave Angel, Gideon Soames, Tommy Cockles...

"have you ever been caught masturbating by a member of your own family? I have. It's no joke, I can tell you"