Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

trashbat.film

Started by pancreas, October 30, 2018, 11:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on October 30, 2018, 11:23:40 PM
A Neil Breen film, if you can get your hands on one.

Yes. Spellbindingly baffling. Double Down if possible.

NoSleep

Another I have a recollection of seeing on TV many years ago is John Derek's Tarzan, The Ape Man featuring his wife, Bo Derek, as Jane. An absolute sprawling mess of a film but somehow kept me watching to see what else would go wrong (although I can't remember if I made it to the end). One notable feature was that the animals used in the filming seemed completely at liberty to wander over the set regardless of the plot.

studpuppet

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on October 31, 2018, 11:50:55 AM
You want Shark Attack 3, the king of shit and trashy entertainment that guarantees smiles and guffaws, and you don't need a room full of hundreds of people for the magic to happen.

You've reminded me of...

FIVE fucking sequels to get through too!

hedgehog90

^ intentionally bad films like that are utterly joyless though. Avoid all Asylum/SyFy films.

Urinal Cake

NoSleep

Quote from: hedgehog90 on November 01, 2018, 10:31:39 AM
^ intentionally bad films like that are utterly joyless though. Avoid all Asylum/SyFy films.

Yeah, there's films out there that deliberately go out of their way to be cheap shite, in a vain attempt to compete with the unwitting genius of some of the films so far listed. I have a film entitled Nazi Zombies on DVD (purchased in Poundland) that attempts this. I'm not finding any links to the film (I know it had another title in some territories) and there's another film called Horrors Of War which was also titled Nazi Zombies on IMDB which is not the pile of shit I have (but still only manages 3/10 on IMDB).

EDIT: Found it - Operation: Nazi Zombies (2/10 IMDB) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380527/videoplayer/vi2075238937?ref_=tt_ov_vi

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on November 01, 2018, 10:09:20 AM
Another I have a recollection of seeing on TV many years ago is John Derek's Gervais, The Ape Man featuring his wife, Bo Derek, as Derek.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: hedgehog90 on November 01, 2018, 10:31:39 AM

I'd disagree, there are a lot of terrible ones without a doubt but I'm very fond of Sharknado 1, 2 and 5, and Big Ass Spider and Lavalantula are also a surprising amount of fun.

drdad

buzby

Other options, based on Del's recent screenings on (spam), would be Candy (1968 film). A film that really needs to be experienced to appreciate how wrong every aspect of it is, and how 5 Oscar winners were persuaded to debase themselves by apprearing in it.

If you want to sit grinding your teeth and/or howling at the screen in rage, there is always Robert Stigwell and the Brothers Gibb's adaptation of Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978 film)

SteveDave

Samurai Cop is worth watching if you're a fan of Garth Marenghi.

hedgehog90

Quote from: buzby on November 02, 2018, 12:41:30 PM
A film that really needs to be experienced to appreciate how wrong every aspect of it is, and how 5 Oscar winners were persuaded to debase themselves by apprearing in it.

and Ringo.

Sebastian Cobb

Maximum Overdrive is another good one. Steven King was so coked off his nut he can't remember making it. So he claims.

zomgmouse

finnquark

prwc

Death Drug (1978) is my favorite drug scare film and a terrific laugh. The 80s VHS release retroactively inserted a music video into this very 70s film simply because the main actor (Philip Michael Thomas) plays a musician in the film and had a pop career in real life for a bit. The PCP freakouts in this are absolutely priceless.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 02, 2018, 07:11:02 PM
Maximum Overdrive is another good one. Steven King was so coked off his nut he can't remember making it. So he claims.

I still don't think it's a terrible film.  Shit on-screen text at the end aside, I don't get what people to this day find so bad about it, regardless of whether or not King was on another planet - it's coherent, it's well shot (some of the cinematography and scene compositions look like they could be in a Malick film), it has some genuinely funny moments, it has some genuinely tense moments, and the production design is aces too.

Skidoo hasn't had a mention yet - directed by Otto Preminger and features Groucho Marx as a drug dealer called God.  It's abysmal.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: prwc on November 04, 2018, 12:45:34 PM
Death Drug (1978) is my favorite drug scare film and a terrific laugh. The 80s VHS release retroactively inserted a music video into this very 70s film simply because the main actor (Philip Michael Thomas) plays a musician in the film and had a pop career in real life for a bit. The PCP freakouts in this are absolutely priceless.

Fucking hell that freakout scene in the supermarket is immense.

I'm sure this is Seinfeld's mum in that scene?

Sebastian Cobb

Hard to tell with the video blurring, to me it could also be Tony Soprano's mum.

NoSleep

Does Your Highness fit the bill for inclusion here? I know many people here just think it's awful but I like its stupidity a lot.

Shit Good Nose

I think Your Highness knows exactly what it is and what level it's batting at, so maybe not.  On the other hand it is objectively (much) worse than most of David Gordon Green's other films, and I'm sure that's not intentional.  So maybe it does!

zomgmouse

momatt

STARCRASH!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079946/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A mental Star Wars rip-off, that features a heroine strutting about in high-heels and a bikini for most of the time, shooting baddies and fighting robots.  Later on a young David Hasselhoff pops by to help them fight Ming the Merciless  the evil Count Zarth Arn.
It's amazing.

John Barry does the music too, which is genuinely great.  Similar to his work on Black Hole (also worth a look if you like Star Wars cash-ins).

momatt

Quote from: NoSleep on November 11, 2018, 12:24:37 PM
Does Your Highness fit the bill for inclusion here? I know many people here just think it's awful but I like its stupidity a lot.

Yeah I like it.
Anything with Natalie Portman gets a free pass anyway.  But I like it's silly humour.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: momatt on November 28, 2018, 10:27:31 AM
STARCRASH!

A mental Star Wars rip-off, that features a heroine strutting about in high-heels and a bikini for most of the time, shooting baddies and fighting robots.  Later on a young David Hasselhoff pops by to help them fight Ming the Merciless  the evil Count Zarth Arn.
It's amazing.

Aaaahhhhh - Elle the Texan robot mincing around, Marjoe Gortner looking weird as usual, Christopher Plummer actually bothering, and not forgetting extra sweaty and heavily dubbed Joe Spinell in his ill-fitting costume.

And, I'm sorry, but Caroline Munro - good lord.

Mr Banlon

Slaughter High : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnOPVueTSQQ US High School Reunion horror. Filmed in Britain with British actors.
Enemy Territory : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijEiXv8T14 Ray Parker Jr's finest hour and twenty

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: momatt on November 28, 2018, 10:27:31 AM
STARCRASH!

It's amazing.

John Barry does the music too, which is genuinely great.  Similar to his work on Black Hole (also worth a look if you like Star Wars cash-ins).

I caught this last night and enjoyed it immensely, it's ridiculously silly and a couple of bits don't make much sense (like Akton kept his amazing powers hidden from Stella for how long?) but I really did have a lot of fun watching it so thanks for the recommendation.

momatt

Good innit!
It deserves to be just as in/famous as the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Worth it for Caroline Munro alone, but I'd still like it anyway.

Five bags of popcorn and a pair of knee-high PVC boots.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: momatt on December 24, 2018, 12:45:58 PM
Good innit!
It deserves to be just as in/famous as the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Worth it for Caroline Munro alone, but I'd still like it anyway.

Five bags of popcorn and a pair of knee-high PVC boots.

I completely agree, god knows why Christopher Plummer tries to take it seriously but I guess he heard everyone involved in Star Wars thought it was rubbish until it was released, and my only complaint is that it's a shame they didn't spend £3.50 on the special effects instead of £2.49. I do approve of their use of spaceships which look like they were made out of lego though.

PlanktonSideburns