Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

D E L T A R U N E : Undertale sequel? Available now

Started by madhair60, October 31, 2018, 01:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

deltarune.com

Toby Fox posted this. I think it's like a pre-release proto for a full on Undertale 2.

brat-sampson

Played for a while, it's good. Undertale-related but different in mechanics in some ways. I won't spoil anything, but I've not reached the end yet. Whatever Toby Fox does next is a day 1 buy for me, but if I can get something for free, all the better.

Pseudopath

I see that you still can't name your character GASTER without it crashing back to the beginning.

EDIT: And if you use that for the creator's name, it closes the program! :-D

VelourSpirit

No idea who Gaster is
http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/W._D._Gaster why does he have such a big page I don't remember him at all
I absolutely loved Undertale but anytime I see people online talking about it it just seems like there's so much stuff I've forgotten or just didn't come across in the game. I'll play this Deltarune though. Ha I just realised it's an anagram.

Thursday

He wasn't in the game, people only found references to him through datamining or glitching in to secret areas. I didn't bother to follow that stuff.

I haven't even finished Undertale yet but it seems intriguing the more I go on. I'd heard about pacifist route before I started but now I hear that's only unlocked after your first run so I might say fuck it restart and just have a neutral run first time around.

madhair60

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 02, 2018, 10:14:00 AM
I haven't even finished Undertale yet but it seems intriguing the more I go on. I'd heard about pacifist route before I started but now I hear that's only unlocked after your first run so I might say fuck it restart and just have a neutral run first time around.

I got pacifist on my first run. There's one enemy you can't "spare" but it's all story stuff, you can just reload save and do it.

Thursday

Quote from: madhair60 on November 02, 2018, 02:31:48 PM
I got pacifist on my first run. There's one enemy you can't "spare" but it's all story stuff, you can just reload save and do it.

You can't do pacifist run first go can you? You reload after getting the ending and you can now go back talk to a character that you couldn't before, right?

brat-sampson

Yes, you reload after getting the ending and talking to someone, but in order to do that you need to have been a Pacifist through the actual run. If you sliced up some fools along the way it doesn't work.

It's more accurate to say you need to complete a Pacifist run of the normal game to access the extra ending/content. And that yes, this can be on your first playthrough.

brat-sampson

Or, you can go and murder literally everything and have a bad time get yer fucking head kicked in...

I've restarted three times. You guys need to get together and get your story straight.

Mr. Internet

I've been playing this for 33 minutes, finishing the intro, during which I've spent most of it

(a) going over every single word and name for any possible puns, anagrams and bits of word play (I'm guessing Kris being a partial anagram of Frisk, and Ralsei being an anagram of you-know-who, means something, right?) and (b) thinking "Uh uh, I'm not fooled that easily" whenever the game tells me to do something (like when Ralsei told me to attack the training dummy, for which I went "OH NO YOU DON'T" and chose the option to hug it instead).

This is going to be the one where attacking enemies leads to a good ending, isn't it? Toby Fox is a sly old dog.