Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:23:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley - Episode Two

Started by TJ, February 18, 2005, 03:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

Same drill as last week - please use this thread to talk about this week's episode. Any others that are started about it will be locked. And again, don't post a capture, don't ask for a capture, and don't tell anyone else where to get a capture. Cheers...

rjd2

I am quite optimistic about this one, there is no way this could be as mediocre as last week could it?.
I remember reading Laurens review and she said that Ayoade and Brown are not in tonight's episode much that's a very ENCOURAGING sign,them being utterly dreadful actors and all that.

Oh some funnies and better directing, less Office references and people ceasing calling us Nathan Barley or accusing us of being over critical would be nice.

skibz

Is this the one with the awful song in that Neil was talking about? If so... well, it sounds like train-crash television. Great stuff.

I'm really hoping that this one will increase the jokes/time ratio a little bit, or at least have something resembling a decent plot. That said, I do have a nasty feeling that it'll just end up with Barley spunking all over the place, or tripping over a brick, or something else we've all seen somewhere before...

Labian Quest

I'm looking forward to it; the 'preacherman' plotline looks tres amusing. I'm still new to this comedy forum business though;I don't think I've ever dissected or analysed anything so much in my entire life, hope it doesn't spoil it for me.

imitationleather

Once again I'm going to stop being a saddo internet nerdgeek 2000 on Friday and miss this. I'll watch it tomorrow morning by which point the thread will have grown to twenty pages. Pah.

I'm missing out on all the fun!

I Am The Walrus

I know I'm gonna miss it. BUT I'll see it on Saturday. Boredom post. Sorry!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "imitationleather"Once again I'm going to stop being a saddo internet nerdgeek 2000 on Friday and miss this. I'll watch it tomorrow morning by which point the thread will have grown to twenty pages. Pah.

I'm missing out on all the fun!

Me too. The first one was 30 pages long by the time I looked on Monday, which was more than I could manage in one lunch break.

racingline

despite not enjoying the first one, i found myself getting all excited when i saw the trailer. i'm praying for a grower. anyway, what if the whole point of getting ayoade and co in is to make them look  like idiots? the word-mashes and rubbish jokes that they have to say may not be funny, but it's the kind of thing that if left to their own devices they would probably wank over. maybe the joke is on all of them. i can't imagine them getting a job on a chris morris show because of darkplace. i can imagine them being mocked though. i'm looking forward to tonight.

Dr David V

Anyone noticed in the episode 2 trailers, the music from Dead Ringers is used over the "Nathan Barley, 10:00, Friday" bit?

Dusty Gozongas

It's bound to be bollocks so I'm not going to watch it.  Nyer!.

Pepotamo1985

I'm eagerly awaiting this.

Should I be?

Andy Spaschrist

I don't give a flying twit arse about NB this week because I'm on the folk awards on BBC4. Oooh look there I am. Clashing.

chav

Bert Thung

I'm going to give it a chance, even though their are no examples in TV history of a first episode being rubbish and a second episode being genius.  Still, I'll give it a go, blinkers off.

EDIT - And hey, maybe the third Friday Night Project will be suddenly amazing too. Nah, I'm, taking the piss now.

Pinball

On in 3 minutes. Fingers crossed everybody...

Silencer

"Totally fuckin Mexico"
"Well Jackson"
"Well Cheeks"

Strange.

Neil

99% pay-out for the first three weeks, right, you heard that?

alan strang

Considerably less people online this week...

Divnee Gan

I smirked at the "punch myself in the face" song. that was all though. Isn't NB seeming more likeable now, what with his his stupid enthusiasm?

oh: and the baouncing walls at the start looked good until they ruined it by cutting to a short clip of the whole street bouncing!

Helvetica Scenario

It does seem a little bit more plot based this week, with less of an emphasis on scene-setting sketches. Still twelve minutes to let itself down though...

Solid Snail

Liked the reformed junkie song, "I started punching myself in the face". Also, the suggestion that hens are "well dense". Otherwise, though, more strange than anything else.

Baxter

I'm actually rather enjoying the almost bleach bypass feel of this episode where there is such a quick drop off into darkness.

Silencer

mrpants

It sounds amazing, hats off to Nigel Heath and co.

bill hicks

I'm going to tentatively enter the fray early and say....it was good.

And very, very puzzling.

Bert Thung

Do you think the ratings will reach the under one milllion mark this week?

ski-o

king_tubby

No, cos we're all still watching thinking 'surely, this cannot get any worse.'