Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Shivering Truth - PFFR's new animated show

Started by chveik, November 01, 2018, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 10, 2018, 03:15:32 PM
Can you copy and paste it to me, too, SMBH?  Massive thanks in advance if so.

Just sent it now, and if anyone else wants it just pm me.

fit bird

Very weird programme, feels a lot like the second series of Xavier did.
Did anyone have any luck with episodes 3 & 6? They refused to play for me and have now vanished entirely.

Small Man Big Horse

I've sent you a link to episode 6 (and if anyone else wants it just pm me) though it is ridiculously large as it was from myspleen and they tend to put everything up as a 1080p file, and I'll upload episode 3 in a bit as well.

Edit: The third episode is now up and I've sent you a link to that too.

Brundle-Fly

Where can I just pay and watch this on my telly?

colacentral

I've seen about four of these so far - trying not to burn through it all at once.

It's good but I don't think having so many guest performers really helps it - I don't think professional actors always manage to do Chatman's dialogue justice, sometimes performing it a little bit too sincerely or not having the best comic timing. I think Chatman's voice sells his own writing perfectly and it's why Xavier is perfect - you need that hamminess to sell it. Was it Michael Cera in an early episode? That's an example of one where I thought it was played a bit too straight.

I've seen alot of comments, here and elsewhere, calling this a true successor to Xavier or whatever. Did everyone skip The Heart, She Holler? That was as good as anything PFFR have done, possibly their best.

Blumf

Quote from: colacentral on December 12, 2018, 01:18:09 AM
Did everyone skip The Heart, She Holler? That was as good as anything PFFR have done, possibly their best.

Yep, TH,SH is easily the equal of any other PFFR production, with the same dense conceptual punning you find in Xavier and, now, The Shivering Truth. Always surprised how little impact it made.

zomgmouse

Apparently none of the YouTube links are working, any leads on where to find them?

NoSleep

They're turning up in pairs on torrent sites as the series finally airs on Adult Swim. 1 & 2 have been around for a week and now 3 & 4 have arrived.

Small Man Big Horse

You can also watch the first four on Adult Swim's official site: https://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-shivering-truth

I've uploaded five and six to Mediafire so if anyone wants the links just pm me.

Blumf

zomgmouse

NoSleep

That site also says 12 Oz Mouse is back this year!

Although:

QuoteHere's the complete April Fools' lineup from Adult Swim

chveik

that's great news. I've rewatched it recently and it really is brilliant.

Quote from: NoSleep on April 01, 2020, 03:14:08 PM

Although:

A new episode of each was stealth premiered for April Fools Day which is what it means I think.

a peepee tipi

Quote from: NoSleep on April 01, 2020, 03:14:08 PM
Hell yes, thanks for the updates guys. This news has flipped what was a very shitty day on its head

Obel

To my surprise the first season of this is on All4 at the moment! Definitely will be giving it a rewatch before the new season drops.