Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:43:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DESOLATION QUEST 2018 ROUND ONE DRAW, NEWS and COMMENTS

Started by Spoon of Ploff, November 01, 2018, 06:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoon of Ploff

The matches between Noonling v Bazooka and Foggy Buntwhistle v Huxleys Babkins have both drawn to a conclude.

Read them and vote for the ones that do most to unmake your day.

Ferris

Very high standard this year. People have been practicing.

PlanktonSideburns

Spoon of Ploff

drummersaredeaf Vs Gregory Torso have spent. bless one of them with your vote.

Rocket Surgery v :( a contrast of styles, but which tickles your desolation taste buds the most?

Spoon of Ploff

Another match done finished go vote onGMTV v Fishfinger

Just two first round matches left to achieve completeness.

Spoon of Ploff

The more astute amongst you will have noticed that there will be 11 winners going through to the next round. This means that the least badly failing non winner will join them... whoever it is, try not to f*ck things up twice in a row.

Spoon of Ploff

Phil_A v QDRPHNC has ended, but which one leaves you shivering the most when you reach to open the front door?

Spoon of Ploff

The last round one match is done. Did Steve98 vs Madhair. save the best/worst until last? You decide by voting in the thread.

Amazing Deso 2018 Facts #2: This is probably the most strung out match time wise (I've not done any research) ever.

PlanktonSideburns

Vote early, vote often,

But don't make my mistake and vote TOO EARLY

😣

PlanktonSideburns

How's everyone bearing up under this BTW?  I'm pure screaming at the wife and kids much more but that might just be the Xmas preemptive strike?

Is it normal to cry this much? During and after

PlanktonSideburns

Rocket Surgery

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on November 06, 2018, 06:00:24 PM
How's everyone bearing up under this BTW?  I'm pure screaming at the wife and kids much more but that might just be the Xmas preemptive strike?

Is it normal to cry this much? During and after

Don't worry. You have been following the recommended spiritual training and fortification programme I take it?

Spoon of Ploff

If you haven't yet, show some respect and go vote for these tardy lollygaggers

Phil_A v QDRPHNC

and

Steve98 vs Madhair.

Round Two draw and theme word will be posted at 6PM UK time Friday November 9th

Spoon of Ploff

Hark! These are the classified results of Desolation Quest 2018 round 1:

Phil_A  less than 16 v  16 QDRPHNC

seepage 5 v 13 PlanktonSideburns

Noonling 11 v 8  Bazooka

BlodwynPig 13 v 8 finnquark

pancreas 6 v 11 FerriswheelBueller

GMTV 3 v 15 Fishfinger

drummersaredeaf 9 v  11 Gregory Torso

the midnight watch baboon 13  v 4 dex

Foggy Buntwhistle 4 v 10 Huxleys Babkins (please do check, i keep getting this one wrong)

Rocket Surgery 11 v  7 :(

steve98 7 v 11 madhair60

The victors get to spend the night in the victory tent, drinking happy shopper orange pop and eating Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie (sorry, there are no on site facilities to heat the pie).

The losers get marched out to a muddy field in the Cotswolds and left there to find their own way home (The bus to Oxford will arrive in Shipston on Stour in an hour lads... if you run really fast you can make it).

The least bad failure of a player* with 9 votes is... drummersaredeaf. Well done you, you get to join the legitimate winners in round 2. You cannot join them in the victory tent, but you can stand outside and watch the revelries through the flaps.

Thanks everyone for an insane first round, some truly awful desolation on display, plus death threats, admin fuck ups, people voting early, people voting against themselves or for themselves in rounds they're not even participating in.

Round Two draw and theme word will be posted tomorrow at aboot 6PM UK time.

* best worst is calculated by number of votes gained, if there's a tie then it's by the percentage of votes gained... or I'll just make something up

PlanktonSideburns