Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:48:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Never not had a bath.

My friend in germany had a portable shower in her kitchen

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 05, 2019, 05:21:04 PM
My friend in germany had a portable shower in her kitchen

Why did she limit it to the one room?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on January 05, 2019, 06:38:12 PM
Why did she limit it to the one room?

There was only 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. The shower had a curtain, so she could fry an egg whilst showering and not be seen naked by her male housemate.

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 05, 2019, 06:50:27 PM
There was only 2 bedrooms and a kitchen. The shower had a curtain, so she could fry an egg whilst showering and not be seen naked by her male housemate.

Was the curtain also portable?

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 05, 2019, 06:50:27 PM

It was in Germany though, so I expect it had a little shelf so's he could look at her.  Foolish waste of a curtain.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on January 05, 2019, 10:57:16 PM
It was in Germany though, so I expect it had a little shelf so's he could look at her.  Foolish waste of a curtain.

She was a feisty Basque, so he would be the foolish one to try that.

biggytitbo

She reckon 'Chomski' is Putin's right hand man?

imitationleather

People are pointing out to her that Chomsky is Jewish, right?

Replies From View

Quote from: imitationleather on January 07, 2019, 03:44:24 PM
People are pointing out to her that Chomsky is Jewish, right?

She's probably already blocked those people.

She's really making herself look like an idiot here. A sexy idiot.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Vorderman was a Tory as well wasn't she? Not sure about over in dictionary corner

Either way: why should anyone care about their views?

Twed

It's a side-effect of people feeling the need to wear some political cause on their sleeve, I think. People who can't comprehend life outside of their bubble have to latch on to SOMETHING that seems right-on, and she's probably surrounded by people this bullshit.

I genuinely think I'm better than these people, BTW. Genuinely superior. I'm pretty comfortable, I can even afford my own healthcare in the US without it being a real concern which is pretty rare, but I really fucking give a shit about this stuff because you know, basic empathy and wanting to build a decent society. And I'm not going to be modest about that, because it's not highlighting a positive attribute of myself, but establishing a very achievable, bare-minimum baseline for not being an absolute fucking cancerous rotter.

Replies From View

pigamus

Quote from: Quote on January 07, 2019, 04:13:31 PM
She's really making herself look like an idiot here. A sexy idiot.

If Konnie Huq turns up with an FBPE hashtag I may have to fill out an application form to join the homosexuals.

The Culture Bunker

If someone said I was "known to promote antisemitism", I'd be asking if we need to get the legal bods involved.

Blumf

Fabian Thomsett

Chomsky has been accused of being anti-semitic before. By 'anti-semitic' the accuser usually means 'thinks Isreal is rather less than the bees knees'.

Twed

I wonder what spurred the imbecile Rachel Riley to suddenly become an important voice on Israel

biggytitbo

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on January 07, 2019, 05:39:25 PM
If someone said I was "known to promote antisemitism", I'd be asking if we need to get the legal bods involved.

I'm sure Chomsky couldn't give a shit but Bastani has become a real punchbag to these people so he ought to take her to the cleaners for it.

jobotic

If Suzie Dent says food banks are a good example of the big society I'm out.

biggytitbo

And of course Richard Whiteley was an MI5 spy who worked to undermine union leaders. That program is a nest of vipers.

pancreas

Blair was in dictionary corner too on a couple of occasions.

manticore

Quote from: jobotic on January 07, 2019, 06:54:03 PM
If Suzie Dent says food banks are a good example of the big society I'm out.

Had a look -

Twitter, 17th December:

Susie Dent:
QuoteI stand with @RachelRileyRR

QuoteRachel Riley

On a separate note, a HUGE, MASSIVE, heartfelt thank you to each and every person calling #Antisemitism out, showing your support, challenging the ignorant or the bigoted, or even just by fact checking what you're reading in this whole awful tale.
It's been a long weekend.

Always got the impression that Susie Dent's probably a nice sensible liberal sort of person, I'm sure food banks are a horrible thing to her. The thing was, I have seen Rachel Riley get some obnoxious crap thrown at her, it being twitter and and everything, before she'd gone with the 'Chomski' thing. (She is Jewish btw in case anyone didn't know.) She said at one point that she knows very little about Israel/Palestine, and she has no obligation to. But obviously she's a comfortable rich oxbridge 'apolitical' celebrity liberal.

The Labour/left antisemitism debate has been appallingly handled by both sides, and they just reinforce each other's stupidity. A lot of it is 'social media' at its worst.

I did talk to Marlon Solomon, asking him where to look for Labour facebook anti-semitism, and he pointed me to three Labour/Corbyn facebook pages. He's right, there's a lot of borderline and some outright anti-semitism going on there, and a couple of outright conspiracy nuts.

I don't know what to make of it, I'm hoping they're mostly fringe people who've collected in a few places.

Twed

Jews are awful.OBVIOUSLY I WROTE THIS TO MAKE A POINT IN THE FOLLOWING POSTS

Twed

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,69936.msg3705463.html#msg3705463

Look at this awful anti-semitism on Cookdandbombd. Typifies them under their leader Neil. It should be replaced with something that screws over non-elites.

Twed

(see how that works?)

Quote from: manticore on January 07, 2019, 11:57:16 PM
I did talk to Marlon Solomon, asking him where to look for Labour facebook anti-semitism, and he pointed me to three Labour/Corbyn facebook pages. He's right, there's a lot of borderline and some outright anti-semitism going on there, and a couple of outright conspiracy nuts.

Or alternatively, imagine if we singled out all of the creepy TFMs and used it to claim that all centrists were sex offenders. You know? It doesn't work this way. It's petty and wrong. All groups are full of examples of bad eggs and singling them out doesn't prove anything, especially when misrepresentation is possible. The idea that finding some rum posts on affiliated groups means there's a mandate from the leadership to encourage that behaviour is plain stupid.

Replies From View

pancreas

Twed is right, obviously. It's real centrist dadism to say 'it's been handled badly' and think that'll do. Such a position amounts to abrogating responsibility for working out that the <<1% of the LP membership who are antisemitic (and there are a few, which I have come across) are a) not representative; b) not violently antisemitic in the way that extremists on the far right are; c) fewer by proportion than you'd expect in the general population, and certainly in the Tory party.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on January 07, 2019, 06:38:25 PM
I wonder what spurred the imbecile Rachel Riley to suddenly become an important voice on Israel

There are TONNES of celebrities in that particular sewer. I preferred it when they went to their mansions, closed the curtains, and no internet existed.

pcsjwgm

And some "Labour anti-semites" literally aren't even left-wing or Labour members/supporters. Rather they're right-wing trolls posting anti-semitic filth using fake left-wing accounts they've created.