Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:18:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: KennyMonster on November 11, 2018, 11:36:30 AM
Citation needed (i.e. is that a real Sun/Mail- shock horror headline?).

Anyway isn't is supposed to be Donkey Jackets (that aren't really Donkey Jackets, just an overcoat) that are the disrespectful items of the winter wardrobe?

I bought a black overcoat a few years ago.  Several people have since described it as a donkey jacket. Which pisses me off. I'm totally on Michael Foot's side on this one.

Replies From View

Quote from: Jockice on November 11, 2018, 11:48:51 AM
I bought a black overcoat a few years ago.  Several people have since described it as a donkey jacket. Which pisses me off. I'm totally on Michael Foot's side on this one.

I'm hoping that since the New Labour years the electorate have grown sick of public schoolboys in suits and wouldn't mind somebody a bit more real and down to earth (even scruffy by the standards of everyone else) like Corbyn.  However I suspect that'll backfire as people think Boris Johnson is real and down to earth as well, and he's bound to be the next Tory leader.

New Jack

Corbo was scowling in the pic I saw. Scowling at are brave dead boys, scowling at their heroic sacrifice. Almost literally urinating on the grave of Wilfred Owen, figuratively ripping up his poems into confetti. Would it kill you to smile, Corbo? Go on, give us a little smile for the war dead, we'll be ready with cameras and headlines

NoSleep

Why's he smiling at such a solemn occasion?

Replies From View

New Jack

NoSleep

And he looks overdressed in that smart suit; what was he thinking?

greencalx

The mere act of Jeremy Corbyn attending a remembrance event just shows how disrespectful he is.

pigamus

I must admit, there's a part of me that thinks, 'Why can't he just wear a bloody decent coat and a normal poppy and just avoid all this bullshit?'

But then if it wasn't that it would be something else, wouldn't it?

Fabian Thomsett

Should have worn a trick poppy and a spinning bowtie to the service.

New Jack

The fuck was he playing at, standing there at the memorial with his lad out?

Just dangling there out his fly, like Mr Bean meeting the queen. Thank God the telly cameras cropped it out.

Disgusting.

slapasoldier

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 10, 2018, 08:28:25 PM
The classic, perhaps dictionary example of someone who is held in higher standards and crucified for things the likes of Boris and Farage commit unthinkingly every week, but which we simply aren't surprised. The mundanity of appallingness.

When you say crucified, you mean criticised by one person on a forum, right?  You're right about Farage and Johnson, they can be just as dishonest as Corbyn sometimes. Glad we agree on at least one thing.

slapasoldier

I love the cognitive dissonance in this thread. All the people who agree with Bastani's criticism of the poppy and remembrance day are saluting Corbyn's respectful attitude towards both. If the poppy really is a disgusting, racist symbol, why does Corbyn wear one?

Edit: Corbyn has gone on record stating that he condemns, unequivocally, "all bombing". So why is he paying tribute to bombers who he condemns?

Soup

Those people you made up with those contradictory opinions you decided to give them sure are cunts.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: slapasoldier on November 11, 2018, 01:55:00 PM
I love the cognitive dissonance in this thread. All the people who agree with Bastani's criticism of the poppy and remembrance day are saluting Corbyn's respectful attitude towards both. If the poppy really is a disgusting, racist symbol, why does Corbyn wear one?

Edit: Corbyn has gone on record stating that he condemns, unequivocally, "all bombing". So why is he paying tribute to bombers who he condemns?

Nah, I would happily spunk on the graves of the war dead and I hope Corbyn would too. Fucking murdering young poverty stricken men.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: slapasoldier on November 11, 2018, 01:55:00 PM

Someone who has no understanding of cognitive dissonance making pronouncements on it. Funny that.

Replies From View

Also, why not stick to one username?  Easy-peasy.

TrenterPercenter

Daily Mail comments are a joy of banlity.

Alternating between moaning at Corbyns attire and slagging off Megan

Shrillingly moaning about being disrespectful to OUR boys on the pages of an organisation that supported the Nazi's.

How does that figure on your irony meter Milvs?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 11, 2018, 02:52:03 PM
Daily Mail comments are a joy of banlity.

Alternating between moaning at Corbyns attire and slagging off Megan

Shrillingly moaning about being disrespectful to OUR boys on the pages of an organisation that supported the Nazi's.

How does that figure on your irony meter Milvs?

Their subeditors or whoever is responsible for checking the text is DISRESPECTING OUR WAR DEAD WITH THIS GLARING MISTAKE

Quote'Scruffy' Corbyn is slammed for wearing an at Cenotaph - 37 years after Foot's donkey jacket

Did they mean "wearing an 'at at the Cenotaph"

BlodwynPig

Also

Daily Mail says "Deep in Thought"

Our Survey said "Brain Dead"

BlodwynPig

DISRESPECT!

QuoteMelania is glamorous in grey as she leads the First Wives at Armistice commemorations in Paris - while Brigitte Macron keeps the style stakes high in THREE different outfits

There are also some First Husbands too!

Corbyn's never going to win over the furious gammon's over at the Mail's comment section anyway so it doesn't really matter what he wears for these things as it'll never be good enough.

Fuck 'em.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

DISRESPECT

QuoteLIZ JONES: How Brigitte Macron, 65, 'went a bit Britney' after her 'boxy' outfit choice channelled US pop star while Melania Trump, 48, dazzled in luxury coat dress as the pair attended Armistice event in France

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 11, 2018, 03:01:14 PM
Also

Daily Mail says "Deep in Thought"

Our Survey said "Brain Dead"

"Trying to hold a fart in"

QuoteIt was quite the fashion parade on the Somme this morning as over 57,000 British soldiers marched stylishly to their deaths. The Brits looked particularly fetching in their tasteful Olive drab uniforms, topped off with the classic 1905 'forage cap', usually warn at a jaunty angle to reflect the inherent good nature of the humble Tommies, many of whom who could be seen scattering themselves and their body parts across the battlefield in a dazzling display of both bloody determination and chic futility...

BlodwynPig

Jockice

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on November 11, 2018, 01:43:48 PM
Should have worn a trick poppy and a spinning bowtie to the service.

He should have worn Michael Foot's donkey jacket. And nothing else. Except a poppy covering his privates. I've heard it's a very small one.

Buelligan

You've heard wrong, they're actually majors.

saltysnacks

'Ah wipe muh fucking arse on thuh poppeh mate'.

One of my manc relatives reaction to censure for accidentally talking during last year's remembrance.