Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:20:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There is barely any trace of medieval Vienna left, it is a pompously redesigned imperial city (a bit like London is), lined with samey mansions and monuments venerating violence and conquest and historically and into the present day has been a right wing bastion.

Wonder why Corbyn didn't enjoy it

Fambo Number Mive

Corbyn wipes his bum sitting down rather than standing up, complains Daily Mail. How can anyone who wipes their bum sitting down be Prime Minister?

ToneLa

"Corbyn always ducks out of the pub when it's his round. Excuse after excuse. Left the bath running, the cat needs feeding, his wallet's in his other donkey jacket... deep pockets but short arms, this cunt", explains Littlejohn, in FeMail

imitationleather

Quote from: pancreas on February 10, 2019, 01:26:19 AM
Don't expect anyone is really following the North Of Tyne Mayoral elections, but it looks rather strongly like our left candidate is going to win hands down. (Was doing some phone banking today and it's not even close, based on my information, and that gleaned more generally.)

Nevertheless, Angela Rayner has come out in favour of the right winger, leader of the council, desperate cunt and career politician Nick Forbes. (Supported Liz Kendall + Owen Smith.)

Here's what someone on the Whatsapp group said, and worth bearing in mind.

A little food for thought.

Is it bad of me that I had always assumed that Angela Rayner must be ultra-left because she sounds so uneducated and common? The answer to this is yes.

Anyway, it's not fair. It's how she tricked me!

holyzombiejesus

Judging from the new line of attack on some twitter feeds, along with the increased attacks on Corbyn, I'm wondering if this is't all a concerted plan to flush out the 'moderates' and almost force their hand in to pledging support for the new beige party. Which is odd because it would mean that the likes of the Mail, the remainers and the TFMs would all be working for the same common goal.

pancreas

Quote from: imitationleather on February 10, 2019, 01:25:19 PM
Is it bad of me that I had always assumed that Angela Rayner must be ultra-left because she sounds so uneducated and common? The answer to this is yes.

Anyway, it's not fair. It's how she tricked me!

Don't beat yourself off. It worked on me too. Rebecca Long-Bailey is sound, though.

Twed

There was a girl in A levels who was a communist and asked me to go to France for a young communist meet

I wonder what she's doing now she's fucking ancient

Corbyn thread

BritishHobo

Even putting the pathetic 'revelations' aside, it's a really shoddy piece of writing. It's full of emotive descriptions of how disgusting and twisted and evil he is while carefully avoiding going into specifics on how. The scariest thing Bower reveals in his exploration of Corbyn's early years in the Labour party is that Corbyn... was motivated by his political beliefs. It shows how fucked the state of the media is that 'left-wing person pushed left-wing ideas in left-wing party' is genuinely treated like some damning reveal.

BritishHobo

SHOCK REVEAL: JEREMY CORBYN HOLDS THE OPINIONS HE OPENLY STATES HE HOLDS

Howj Begg

I hope Paulie is getting as much out of this as he can

BritishHobo

He also builds this big picture of everyone in Labour thinking of Corbyn as a terrible monster - without ever giving specifics as to how - and then when he reaches the leadership vote, he states that Corbyn easily earned enough nominations from Labour MPs because 'many agreed [he's a good bloke], mentioning that Corbyn was always polite, and never openly threatening'. What? So which is he? Who's the 'good bloke' quote from? Who said he was 'never openly threatening'? Did anyone?

olliebean

Quote from: Howj Begg on February 10, 2019, 02:44:06 PM

Hang on - "wouldn't" or "didn't"? "He wouldn't know the difference" is just a value judgement by the person being quoted, isn't it?

Howj Begg

Quote from: olliebean on February 10, 2019, 02:53:14 PM
Hang on - "wouldn't" or "didn't"? "He wouldn't know the difference" is just a value judgement by the person being quoted, isn't it?

Not necessarily. You can imagine an ingenious experimental setup to test the finesse of Corbyn's palette. One day Corbyn's Tesco beans are switched for Heinz beans, with the wraparound labels likewise removed and replaced, to conceal the fourberie. JC blithely cooks the Heinz beans on the stove, suspecting nothing, and then merrily eats them without the slightest suspicion, all the while reading about legislation. Afterwards the naughty prankster says to him, he says, Ey Jeremy, did you like your beans? Yes says Jeremy, same as always. Why? You, er, didn't notice anything different about em? Jeremy thinks for a moment, and notes that the packaging was peeling slightly - must be down to poor workmanship at the factory, no doubt due to underpay. The prankster, stifling a laugh in his hand, goes off to tell the others, who gape at him in astonishment; Jeremy has such a dull palette that he did not recognise the superior taste quality of Heinz beans! The story only grows in the retelling and is soon the talk of the town.

Summing like that I imagine.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on February 10, 2019, 09:14:05 AM
The comments about 'she' were about Rayner. But the right winger for the mayoralty is Nick Forbes, who is on the NEC, and is unreconstructed Blairite filth. Angela Rayner just endorsed him—it's like supporting Liz Kendall.

It is extremely pleasing to know we are about to destroy all of his dreams.

Do I get a vote?

BlodwynPig

Get the straight-jackets out for the media. They've. GONE. LOOPY

BritishHobo

It's a really fascinating insight this, because it shows just a total lack of nuance, a total inability to consider the possibility of anything good about an opponent, any vestige of humanity. Any hobby he has must be viewed as boring, his interest in it that of a cold machine - his taste in clothes, in food, his personal opinions and his outlook on life, every single one must be described in quite obnoxiously negative terms. Everything is cold, grey, foul, stinking, unwashed, boring. The tales of his relationships must be scrubbed of ANY good times, as if they were unimaginable misery from beginning to end. Every flat is small and cold and bare - this is entirely his fault - and there are absolutely no moments EVER where Corbyn or his partners ever enjoyed each other's company. The relationship between him and his children summed up in a couple of one-sided stories. Ten seconds googling shows examples of his sons supporting him, but this article would leave you thinking it's an Alan Partridge situation, that there's just no relationship there.

BlodwynPig

be good to see a Harry Potter party. Then finally Britain can sink beneath the waves and I will be free.

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 10, 2019, 03:01:55 PM
Do I get a vote?

If you're a Labour member with an address registered in Newcastle.

Then whoever's selected as Labour candidate will go to the vote on Local Election day.

ToneLa

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 10, 2019, 03:09:59 PM

This truly is the age of post-satire. I can't do it. Can't top The Wrong Kind of Beans.

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 10, 2019, 03:09:59 PM

Does anyone have any knowledge of what people outside of our bubble think of all this?

finnquark

The impression of Rayner as a firebrand of the left should barely have survived even a cursory glance at the utterly milquetoast education policies Labour proposes.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Replies From View on February 10, 2019, 03:24:54 PM
Does anyone have any knowledge of what people outside of our bubble think of all this?

I'd like to know this. I've been looking on Twitter, but that's even worse for bubbling.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on February 10, 2019, 03:24:54 PM

I had an early morning fever dream where Theresa May had said something smugly and stoically and the general public were lauding her again. I was on here posting in tears...

Then I woke up and my eyes are red raw. Heinz Onions.

Twed

When writing that beans thing the author must have talked out loud about it to at least one other living human being. I would pay money for a recording of that conversation. It would be worth maybe a thousand pounds to me. That might seem like a ridiculous amount of money, but I think that'a steal for a magic artifact that you can keep forever that will immediately restore your own self worth.

pancreas

Do you think it's possible that the writer deliberately overblew it to shark-jump it and make it a target of ridicule?

I mean, it's so stupid.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: olliebean on February 10, 2019, 02:53:14 PM

LOOK MATE CHILL OUT

Buelligan

Quote from: jobotic on February 10, 2019, 10:17:19 AM
I think you're all fools to discount Riley and Rowlings new Blairite party.

Lest we forget.

ToneLa

Quote from: pancreas on February 10, 2019, 03:56:55 PM
Do you think it's possible that the writer deliberately overblew it to shark-jump it and make it a target of ridicule?

I mean, it's so stupid.

I'm clinging onto hope too!

Tell you what, you'd need to be a deadpan piss taker supreme to put up with the Daily Mail office with that attitude.

Johnny Yesno

olliebean

Quote from: Howj Begg on February 10, 2019, 03:01:01 PM
Not necessarily. You can imagine an ingenious experimental setup to test the finesse of Corbyn's palette. One day Corbyn's Tesco beans are switched for Heinz beans, with the wraparound labels likewise removed and replaced, to conceal the fourberie. JC blithely cooks the Heinz beans on the stove, suspecting nothing, and then merrily eats them without the slightest suspicion, all the while reading about legislation. Afterwards the naughty prankster says to him, he says, Ey Jeremy, did you like your beans? Yes says Jeremy, same as always. Why? You, er, didn't notice anything different about em? Jeremy thinks for a moment, and notes that the packaging was peeling slightly - must be down to poor workmanship at the factory, no doubt due to underpay. The prankster, stifling a laugh in his hand, goes off to tell the others, who gape at him in astonishment; Jeremy has such a dull palette that he did not recognise the superior taste quality of Heinz beans! The story only grows in the retelling and is soon the talk of the town.

Summing like that I imagine.

Yes, something like that would establish that he didn't know the difference. But we're not told that he didn't know the difference, we're told that he wouldn't know the difference - which is an assumption, not an established fact. You see the weasel words they use?