Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Jittlebags

There's another fucker doing it now on 5 Live. Urgh, you all voted for parties supporting leaving the EU. Except with a bit more spittle.

Jittlebags

Ah, bollox, posted this in wrong thread. Probably because I'm still in the midst of a meat sweat. As you were.

pancreas

The actual article is batshit. Too much to pick through, but 'Rough sleeping actual fell by 78 over the last 12 months'. Right, but 600 odd died, so it went up by over 500. That and some tweets from 'Corbyn supporters'. Christ alive.

Twed

There's no fucking way there's a free roast chicken in that newspaper. Even spatchcocked it would be too big to fit between the pages.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on March 17, 2019, 12:34:33 AM
'Rough sleeping actual fell by 78 over the last 12 months'

"My personal sleeping comfort has improved this year by a minimum of 82%!"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on March 17, 2019, 12:57:22 AM
There's no fucking way there's a free roast chicken in that newspaper. Even spatchcocked it would be too big to fit between the pages.

It's the only reason I keep on going back to buy the paper. In the last year I've lost all my cellulite, had two Caribbean holidays, received several free SUNDAY (always Sunday) dinners, got three new frocks and been buggered by several paedophile Conservative MPs.

Replies From View

What was it Corbyn was doing on the telly, then?  I'd be curious to know what coverage he got during this event.

jobotic

Poverty, death and hunger mustn't be mentioned in case it makes those that cause it look bad. The irony being that the main issue with Comic Relief is that they never ever mention the causes, as if it's all just a natural phenomenon.

Good of them to heavily imply that Corbyn is the answer to tackling poverty and inequality in this country.

DAILY MAIL HEADLINE IS ADVERT FOR CORBYN

greencalx

Quote from: Replies From View on March 17, 2019, 09:04:13 AM
What was it Corbyn was doing on the telly, then?

Didn't you see. He re-enacted the Germans episode of Fawlty Towers, and the big reveal was that the guests were all Jewish.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

How dare Comic Relief draw attention to its own causes and in doing so engender sympathy for other humans

Corbynite nonsense

Absorb the anus burn

Why is anybody surprised by that Mail headline? They are just triangulating on three pet hates:

i. Corbyn.
ii. The BBC
iii. Poor people.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 17, 2019, 11:19:42 AM
How dare Comic Relief draw attention to its own causes and in doing so engender sympathy for other humans

Corbynite nonsense

Wait - Corbyn wasn't in it?  They're objecting to Comic Relief on the grounds that it promotes issues that are echoed in the Labour manifesto?

I'm so confused.

jobotic

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on March 17, 2019, 11:22:15 AM
Why is anybody surprised by that Mail headline? They are just triangulating on three pet hates:

i. Corbyn.
ii. The BBC
iii. Poor people.

Don't think anybody is surprised.
Quote from: Replies From View on March 17, 2019, 12:12:47 PM
Wait - Corbyn wasn't in it?  They're objecting to Comic Relief on the grounds that it promotes issues that are echoed in the Labour manifesto?

I'm so confused.

I think they did a piece on the homeless dying in the streets

JohnnyCouncil

Charity begins at home lot seem to have been caught out by this.

"No. We mean our actual homes!" They howl from their media platforms.

Replies From View

Quote from: jobotic on March 17, 2019, 12:24:13 PM
I think they did a piece on the homeless dying in the streets

Who did?  A random Comic Relief person, or Jeremy Corbyn?

Sorry to sound obtuse but I'm genuinely confused about this.  And delighted that if Corbyn wasn't actually involved with Comic Relief the media are simply associating him with important issues and have been forced into a position where they have to claim that homelessness is actually a good thing, or whatever.

Comic Relief did a section on the poor, starving & homeless in Britain.

Something the Mail & Tories decided was Corbynite propaganda rather than merely pointing out the consequences of Conservative policies.

Replies From View

Quote from: Quote on March 17, 2019, 01:58:23 PM
Comic Relief did a section on the poor, starving & homeless in Britain.

Something the Mail & Tories decided was Corbynite propaganda rather than merely pointing out the consequences of Conservative policies.

That's quite brilliant.

idunnosomename

Don't adverts often contain true information that persuade viewers?

Says the paper that says it has a roast chicken inside

ToneLa

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 17, 2019, 07:36:41 PM
Don't adverts often contain true information that persuade viewers?

Says the paper that says it has a roast chicken inside

It sounds good but all the grease made the Daily Mail unreadable.

Oops! Stupid typo there. Meant "Unreasonable"

Buelligan

Or did you mean a nazi bum-rag?  Easy mistake.

ToneLa

Quote from: Buelligan on March 17, 2019, 08:25:28 PM
Or did you mean a nazi bum-rag?  Easy mistake.

Thanks Buelligan. My keyboard is one of those DVORAKs

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on March 13, 2019, 12:54:49 PM
Gotta be something to do with the phrase "23 skidoo"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_skidoo_(phrase)

In other words, "Skidoo means Skidoo."

It's getting closer...

I'm liking Corbyn 23: Skidoo means Skidoo

ToneLa

Corbynned Off the Jews: Holofcourse He Whips

(I'm just being needlessly stupid here, but feel free)

Johnny Yesno

It seems Tom Watson has time to present a show on LBC now.

Labour supporter exposes Tom Watson's anti-Corbyn sabotage in a heated phone-call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMxyewuQITk

Tsk. They didn't even put 'exposes' in allcaps.

Blumf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 18, 2019, 12:25:51 AM
It seems Tom Watson has time to present a show on LBC now.

Labour supporter exposes Tom Watson's anti-Corbyn sabotage in a heated phone-call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMxyewuQITk

That quote Watson was referring to near the end, the "different blood" thing, where was that from? He didn't seem to be very specific, how strange.

BlodwynPig

greenman

At least after politics he has a potential career as a Talksport host, has the persona down to a tee.

For balance the BBC should have had a few Comic relief segments with joyfull Victorian tramps enjoying tapwater sandwiches.