Author Topic: Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long  (Read 22957 times)

Re: Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »
It was very generous of Corbyn and Labour to let the Daily Mail off the hook here wasn't it? Imagine the damage they could have done (not to mention the damages they could have won) to the DM if this complaint was upheld.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6318581/Labour-drops-complaint-Daily-Mail-expos-Corbyn-wreath.html

BlodwynPig

• R.I.P. The Waxwork René
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2018, 09:58:34 PM »
Magnanimous response from the humane Mail

Johnny Yesno

• Don't go upstairs: gravity keeps you young
    • Lines Horizontal
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »
It was very generous of Corbyn and Labour to let the Daily Mail off the hook here wasn't it? Imagine the damage they could have done (not to mention the damages they could have won) to the DM if this complaint was upheld.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6318581/Labour-drops-complaint-Daily-Mail-expos-Corbyn-wreath.html

Hello Mystic. Here's the story from a more trustworthy source:

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/labour-drops-complaint-against-six-newspapers-over-corbyn-wreath-coverage-after-email-leak-unacceptably-compromised-ipso-process/

A spokesperson for the Labour Party said: “Our view remains that the reporting we complained about seriously misrepresented the nature of what took place, those buried in the cemetery and the mainstream Palestinian leaders conducting the ceremony, and these inaccuracies breached the IPSO code.

“Regrettably, confidential communication with IPSO was leaked and it was unable to trace the source or assure us it would not recur, and we considered that the complaints process was unacceptably compromised.

“We therefore decided we would not be taking this IPSO complaint any further.”

Labour appeared to be referring to an email published in the Guardian earlier this month which the newspaper revealed the complaint was temporarily shelved after the party missed a deadline.

The Guardian saw an email from a Labour official to IPSO asking for “extenuating circumstances” for the case to continue nonetheless.

greencalx

• Never knowingly knowledgeable
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »
Ah. Sabotage.

Ridiculous piece on reporting scotland just now where they tried to portray some huge contradiction between Corbyn, McDonnell and Leonard’s opposition to a second independence referendum.

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 09:26:54 AM »
Not entirely clear why one leaked email means the Labour Party will no longer work with the press regulator.

Corbyn clearly lied here, a number of times - his original Morning Star column made clear who he was laying a wreath for and then he said he was present but not involved.  Unfortunately he was pictured holding a whopping great wreath.

Pdine

• Apparently I'm Jewish
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 10:17:57 AM »
Corbyn's original article, for those interested in what he actually said:

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-98de-palestine-united-1

pancreas

• The islets of Langerhans are the very best islets
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »
I'm not actually interested, because a) it's a fucking wreath whilst Yemen, the homeless, the NHS etc.; b) Israel is a cunt; c) Corbyn doesn't have a racist bone in his body; d) this is impossibly boring now; e) fuck off TFM.

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
f) well put, I agree. g) hope this isn't a new page.

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:24 AM »
Interesting though, that a "Labour supporter" spends so much time undermining both the Party and its leader online.  Even continuing after being asked by the Party to explain similar past behaviour.  Why would anyone do that?

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 12:26:31 PM »
Presumably for the same reason that they choose to sexually harass young female party members. (Clue: it's because he's a cunt.)

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2018, 12:38:11 PM »
Presumably for the same reason that they choose to sexually harass young female party members. (Clue: it's because he's a cunt.)

This is absolutely, categorically untrue. Amazing.

pancreas

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2018, 12:43:43 PM »
There is nothing for you here.

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2018, 12:59:16 PM »
This is absolutely, categorically untrue. Amazing.

You are a cunt actually.  Sorry, but you are.  A nasty spiteful cunt without a good cell in your entire body.

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2018, 01:04:38 PM »
A good a place as any to start a blanket policy of ignoring him from now on.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Got to be getting his head on that for me Gary
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2018, 01:25:37 PM »
Interesting thresholds by Colin here

Semantic discrepancies as Corbyn tries to recall a fairly obscure ceremony he was present at: LIAR

TONIATH THE BLAIR of such real life events as Actually Doing The Iraq War and PFI Scandals: God

Skulk off back to your twitter cesspit and enjoy the feeling of other bald bored centrists stroking your glans

« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »
I'm not actually interested, because a) it's a fucking wreath whilst Yemen, the homeless, the NHS etc.; b) Israel is a cunt; c) Corbyn doesn't have a racist bone in his body; d) this is impossibly boring now; e) fuck off TFM.

So if Theresa May laid a wreath on a site where Muslims had been massacred, you wouldn't mind that?

pancreas

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »
Did you answer my question?

I'm so glad you've come to help us to understand the folly of our ways. I wonder if you can answer: in which single respect do you consider that we have most failed to comprehend the major pressures facing society?

Buelligan

• STOP being afraid
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 01:38:13 PM »
So if Theresa May laid a wreath on a site where Muslims had been massacred, you wouldn't mind that?

Why would anyone?

Cuellar

• Push off my wire
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2018, 02:09:23 PM »

I would be physically sick if I saw a photograph of this. How dare you.

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »
God I'm fed up of reading crap about the wreath-laying by 'left-wingers' on social media who want to hyperbolise the Labour anti-semitism problem for their own ends. Their opportunism just undermines the fight against the strain of real anti-semitism that exists on the left.

There's a very good article about it by Richard Silverstein, a 'progressive (critical) zionist' here:

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/about-me/

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2018, 09:56:22 PM »

You wouldn't

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2018, 10:40:59 PM »
If Theresa may put a wreath anywhere near a muslim I would kick her in the sponge. That's a fucking iron clad guarantee.

Replies From View

• Golden Member
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2018, 11:13:49 PM »

This is one of those tests they use to measure if you are psychotic, isn't it.  If you understand the question in the box, please return for further examination.

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2018, 05:14:58 AM »

Not to worry though: certain drunken election night posts were quoted for posterity.

biggytitbo

• WHAT ABOUT THE GODDAM JAFFA CAKES ASSWIPE
    • theunredacted
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
God I'm fed up of reading crap about the wreath-laying by 'left-wingers' on social media who want to hyperbolise the Labour anti-semitism problem for their own ends. Their opportunism just undermines the fight against the strain of real anti-semitism that exists on the left.

And worse than that, its the same cohort behind the fake antisemitism scandal in new labour who are directly causing the rise of far right politics across Europe and in the US right now, where antisemitic beliefs are more prevalent and dangerous. The same people responsible for actual Nazi's in Ukraine and who defend at all costs the far right ethno-state in Israel, which is the envy of every budding fascist in the West.

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »
Did you answer my question?

I think your support for Corbyn and his policies displays a wide range of ignorance regarding the pressures facing society

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »
Well, that's that settled.

Paul Calf

• Links, links, links, links!
  • Golden Member
  • Searching my car, lookin’ for the product
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2018, 03:56:00 PM »
Poor milv.

Replies From View

• Golden Member
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »
Poor milv.

Did he overdo the LSD or something?  He has that same permanently confused, tragic vibe.

Johnny Yesno

• Don't go upstairs: gravity keeps you young
    • Lines Horizontal
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2018, 07:02:51 PM »
It's time for that black nurse he calls his dealer to bring him his meds.