Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:44:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slapasoldier

It was very generous of Corbyn and Labour to let the Daily Mail off the hook here wasn't it? Imagine the damage they could have done (not to mention the damages they could have won) to the DM if this complaint was upheld.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6318581/Labour-drops-complaint-Daily-Mail-expos-Corbyn-wreath.html

BlodwynPig

Magnanimous response from the humane Mail

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: slapasoldier on November 04, 2018, 09:07:58 PM
It was very generous of Corbyn and Labour to let the Daily Mail off the hook here wasn't it? Imagine the damage they could have done (not to mention the damages they could have won) to the DM if this complaint was upheld.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6318581/Labour-drops-complaint-Daily-Mail-expos-Corbyn-wreath.html

Hello Mystic. Here's the story from a more trustworthy source:

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/labour-drops-complaint-against-six-newspapers-over-corbyn-wreath-coverage-after-email-leak-unacceptably-compromised-ipso-process/

QuoteA spokesperson for the Labour Party said: "Our view remains that the reporting we complained about seriously misrepresented the nature of what took place, those buried in the cemetery and the mainstream Palestinian leaders conducting the ceremony, and these inaccuracies breached the IPSO code.

"Regrettably, confidential communication with IPSO was leaked and it was unable to trace the source or assure us it would not recur, and we considered that the complaints process was unacceptably compromised.

"We therefore decided we would not be taking this IPSO complaint any further."

QuoteLabour appeared to be referring to an email published in the Guardian earlier this month which the newspaper revealed the complaint was temporarily shelved after the party missed a deadline.

The Guardian saw an email from a Labour official to IPSO asking for "extenuating circumstances" for the case to continue nonetheless.

greencalx

Ah. Sabotage.

Ridiculous piece on reporting scotland just now where they tried to portray some huge contradiction between Corbyn, McDonnell and Leonard's opposition to a second independence referendum.

Not entirely clear why one leaked email means the Labour Party will no longer work with the press regulator.

Corbyn clearly lied here, a number of times - his original Morning Star column made clear who he was laying a wreath for and then he said he was present but not involved.  Unfortunately he was pictured holding a whopping great wreath.

Pdine

pancreas

I'm not actually interested, because a) it's a fucking wreath whilst Yemen, the homeless, the NHS etc.; b) Israel is a cunt; c) Corbyn doesn't have a racist bone in his body; d) this is impossibly boring now; e) fuck off TFM.

jobotic

f) well put, I agree. g) hope this isn't a new page.

Buelligan

Interesting though, that a "Labour supporter" spends so much time undermining both the Party and its leader online.  Even continuing after being asked by the Party to explain similar past behaviour.  Why would anyone do that?

holyzombiejesus

Presumably for the same reason that they choose to sexually harass young female party members. (Clue: it's because he's a cunt.)

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 05, 2018, 12:26:31 PM
Presumably for the same reason that they choose to sexually harass young female party members. (Clue: it's because he's a cunt.)

This is absolutely, categorically untrue. Amazing.

pancreas

Replies From View

Quote from: Colin the Crepe on November 05, 2018, 12:38:11 PM
This is absolutely, categorically untrue. Amazing.

You are a cunt actually.  Sorry, but you are.  A nasty spiteful cunt without a good cell in your entire body.

holyzombiejesus

A good a place as any to start a blanket policy of ignoring him from now on.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Interesting thresholds by Colin here

Semantic discrepancies as Corbyn tries to recall a fairly obscure ceremony he was present at: LIAR

TONIATH THE BLAIR of such real life events as Actually Doing The Iraq War and PFI Scandals: God

Skulk off back to your twitter cesspit and enjoy the feeling of other bald bored centrists stroking your glans

slapasoldier

Quote from: pancreas on November 05, 2018, 10:27:00 AM
I'm not actually interested, because a) it's a fucking wreath whilst Yemen, the homeless, the NHS etc.; b) Israel is a cunt; c) Corbyn doesn't have a racist bone in his body; d) this is impossibly boring now; e) fuck off TFM.

So if Theresa May laid a wreath on a site where Muslims had been massacred, you wouldn't mind that?

pancreas

Did you answer my question?

Quote from: pancreas on November 02, 2018, 04:26:49 PM
I'm so glad you've come to help us to understand the folly of our ways. I wonder if you can answer: in which single respect do you consider that we have most failed to comprehend the major pressures facing society?

Buelligan

Quote from: slapasoldier on November 05, 2018, 01:33:37 PM
So if Theresa May laid a wreath on a site where Muslims had been massacred, you wouldn't mind that?

Why would anyone?

Cuellar

I would be physically sick if I saw a photograph of this. How dare you.

manticore

God I'm fed up of reading crap about the wreath-laying by 'left-wingers' on social media who want to hyperbolise the Labour anti-semitism problem for their own ends. Their opportunism just undermines the fight against the strain of real anti-semitism that exists on the left.

There's a very good article about it by Richard Silverstein, a 'progressive (critical) zionist' here:

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/about-me/

jobotic

You wouldn't

Soup

If Theresa may put a wreath anywhere near a muslim I would kick her in the sponge. That's a fucking iron clad guarantee.

Replies From View

This is one of those tests they use to measure if you are psychotic, isn't it.  If you understand the question in the box, please return for further examination.

colacentral

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 05, 2018, 12:26:31 PM

Not to worry though: certain drunken election night posts were quoted for posterity.

biggytitbo

Quote from: manticore on November 05, 2018, 04:05:34 PM
God I'm fed up of reading crap about the wreath-laying by 'left-wingers' on social media who want to hyperbolise the Labour anti-semitism problem for their own ends. Their opportunism just undermines the fight against the strain of real anti-semitism that exists on the left.

And worse than that, its the same cohort behind the fake antisemitism scandal in new labour who are directly causing the rise of far right politics across Europe and in the US right now, where antisemitic beliefs are more prevalent and dangerous. The same people responsible for actual Nazi's in Ukraine and who defend at all costs the far right ethno-state in Israel, which is the envy of every budding fascist in the West.

slapasoldier

Quote from: pancreas on November 05, 2018, 01:37:09 PM
Did you answer my question?

I think your support for Corbyn and his policies displays a wide range of ignorance regarding the pressures facing society

Paul Calf

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 06, 2018, 03:56:00 PM
Poor milv.

Did he overdo the LSD or something?  He has that same permanently confused, tragic vibe.

Johnny Yesno

It's time for that black nurse he calls his dealer to bring him his meds.