Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 02:14:16 PM
Anyone would think that Corbyn might not actually care that we're leaving the EU.

die alone in a ditch, please.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 06, 2018, 02:21:18 PM
I'm so exasperated with the Brexit obsession now. Why shouldn't Corbyn highlight how fucking horrendous Conservative rule has been for the most disadvantaged people in society? Nick Robinson there referring to people starving and dying due to austerity as 'something else'. No no, you carry on working up a nice frothy wank over political games while people struggle to make ends meet.

One in five people living in poverty, fuck that, boring, what people really want to know about is how the government is in contempt of parliament, that's the really meaningful thing isn't it. You want to talk about contempt? What about Theresa May laughing? That's contempt. Dictionary definition.

Anyone who thinks the biggest thing to take from that PMQs isn't Theresa May openly laughing about people who can't feed their kids needs to get their head out of their arse and if they still can't see what's wrong after that then they should take that same head and put it into an industrial thresher.

Brexit will hurt the poorest in our society the most and Corbyn's shameful refusal to fight it is a betrayal of those the party was set up to protect.

greencalx

Given that these PMQs are coming in the middle of a 5 day debate on Brexit, during which the leader of the opposition got to respond to the PM, one might imaging that devoting PMQs to Brexit might be a bit redundant.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 06, 2018, 02:19:25 PM
You have already been exposed over and over as a troll.

But for old time's sake, he did a speech on the very subject on the same day.

Do you and Paulie fancy saying something actually challenging? I've had more trouble on coconut shys.

Ah yes, because anyone who doesn't worship at the alter of St. Jez is immediately a troll.  Corbyn just wants to grab power.  Him and May are no better than Gove Farage Boris or Jacob, their selfish interest takes precedence on whats good for the country and future generations.  Hardly the new brand of politics Momentum where banging on about when Corbyn won the leadership.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 03:04:42 PM
Brexit will hurt the poorest in our society the most and Corbyn's shameful refusal to fight it is a betrayal of those the party was set up to protect.
They're already hurting. Brexit is still intangible and its effects are not clear. It is very clear that since the Tories came to power child homelessness has gone up by 87%. To use just one example. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a Brexit. But it's not the only important issue going on in this country. Austerity has been around for 8 years, Brexit for just two and a bit.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 06, 2018, 03:17:37 PM
They're already hurting. Brexit is still intangible and its effects are not clear. It is very clear that since the Tories came to power child homelessness has gone up by 87%. To use just one example. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a Brexit. But it's not the only important issue going on in this country. Austerity has been around for 8 years, Brexit for just two and a bit.

I take your point.

Buelligan

Quote from: Thomas on December 06, 2018, 10:38:36 AM
Yes, that moment stood out for me, too, and it ought to be given the same wide media circulation afforded to Theresa May's dancing.

https://youtu.be/GmeM1gTPe0Y

Dickensian cackling is not a good look for a prime minister.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 06, 2018, 02:21:18 PM
I'm so exasperated with the Brexit obsession now. Why shouldn't Corbyn highlight how fucking horrendous Conservative rule has been for the most disadvantaged people in society? Nick Robinson there referring to people starving and dying due to austerity as 'something else'. No no, you carry on working up a nice frothy wank over political games while people struggle to make ends meet.

One in five people living in poverty, fuck that, boring, what people really want to know about is how the government is in contempt of parliament, that's the really meaningful thing isn't it. You want to talk about contempt? What about Theresa May laughing? That's contempt. Dictionary definition.

Anyone who thinks the biggest thing to take from that PMQs isn't Theresa May openly laughing about people who can't feed their kids needs to get their head out of their arse and if they still can't see what's wrong after that then they should take that same head and put it into an industrial thresher.

I would karma your arses if I still had it in me.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 03:10:36 PM
Him and May are no better than Gove Farage Boris or Jacob...

If we all chipped in a quid each, would you fuck off forever?

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 06, 2018, 01:45:07 PM
Why is Nellie Boswell from Bread on the labour front bench?

Buy it, sell it
the game's gettin' hard
For the many not
the few-sin' card

Replies From View

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on December 06, 2018, 03:10:36 PM
Corbyn just wants to grab power. 

Er.... no.  Obviously not.

The smear campaign was painting him as not wanting to be Prime Minister a while back.  I can see this has now been flipped around for some reason, so that he's apparently some kind of power-hungry loon.

Anyone looking at even the slightest of evidence can see that he's not, so I'd wager you are on a losing card with that one, Drizzle Bread.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteCorbyn just wants to grab power

The precise opposite of what he was criticised for 2015-2017 for wanting to be "ideologically pure" and lots of other similar shit. "Principles before power", etc.

Now he is actually going to try and unseat the Tories and do the country a massive favour this is somehow awful. The mad power crazed 30-year veteran obscure backbencher is a fucking megalomaniac.

Either you are a simpleton or a troll so think of it as a compliment I don't think you are a simpleton.

Thomas

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 06, 2018, 04:25:31 PM
The precise opposite of what he was criticised for 2015-2017 for wanting to be "ideologically pure" and lots of other similar shit. "Principles before power", etc.

Now he is actually going to try and unseat the Tories and do the country a massive favour this is somehow awful. The mad power crazed 30-year veteran obscure backbencher is a fucking megalomaniac.

Either you are a simpleton or a troll so think of it as a compliment I don't think you are a simpleton.

Am I right in thinking that Corbyn was one of the lowest - if not the lowest - claimer when the expenses scandal revealed itself?

It's clever that Corbyn's propaganda extends back in time into private details.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Playing the long game, crafty cunt waiting until retirement age until making his attempt to fundamentally change Britain. Power crazed loon.

Twit 2

They're all the same, these politicians.

Btw, has anyone noticed how there's often a good bit of May-bashing on The Graham Norton Show? They'll often say something lazy about Corbyn too, but the May stuff is usually a bit closer to the bone. That programme gets a hell of a lot of views, so anytime they feel like deriding Brexit or this government of cunts is fine by me.

Zetetic

To my oar in, as an EU zealot and sceptic of the opposition's effectiveness (not that I think this is entirely within their hands), I thought Corbyn's PMQs was what it should be.

Zetetic

Drakeford elected as head of Welsh Labour, following a very "I support Corbyn"-heavy campaign.

(Was a bit disappointed in the lack of policy in Drakeford's campaign in the end. Couldn't bring myself to vote for any of them.)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Zetetic

It's a shame that the stuff about the backstop is so hideous.

QuoteThere is no precedent I am aware of for a British government signing up to an international treaty it cannot withdraw from without the agreement of other countries.
For a start Treaty of Paris (but effectively almost any peace treaty you care to mention; which might be worth considering given the relevance of the GFA) and the ICCPR (notably because other countries have tried).

Quotewhich we couldn't leave without the EU's permission.
Or via arbitration.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 06, 2018, 08:00:12 PM
From Corbyn himself, droning on about Brexit in a national newspaper just like Mrs Wogans Troll Cake said he was desperately avoiding

It all sounds very good, but I fear it's too good to be true. Specifically I'd like the following fleshed out a bit more:
QuoteA new, comprehensive customs union with the EU, with a British say in future trade deals, would strengthen our manufacturing sector and give us a solid base for industrial renewal under the next Labour government, especially for our held-back communities. It would remove the threat of different parts of the UK being subject to separate regulations. And it would deal with the large majority of problems the backstop is designed to solve.

Second, a new and strong relationship with the single market that gives us frictionless trade, and the freedom to rebuild our economy and expand our public services – while setting migration policies to meet the needs of the economy, not fuelling xenophobia with phoney immigration targets or thresholds – makes far more sense than the prime minister's dismal deal.

The customs union thing sounds reasonable, essentially the same as Norway in that they're in the customs union for some types of goods, but in others they have freedom to make their own deals (I think?).

But the single market thing sounds far more troublesome. Is he proposing full regulatory alignment without actually being in the single market?  Because, as we know, being a member of the single market wouldn't permit an independent migration policy.  And also full regulatory alignment would make the UK no more than a rule taker with no influence, which is no better than May's deal.

I get the feeling Labour may have an ace up their sleeve, but I'm damned if I know what it can be.

Zetetic

Actually, is it possible to 'lawfully' withdraw from the Good Friday Agreement unilaterally?

There are no withdrawal/termination/denunciation clauses and, being directly concerned with the sovereignty status of a bit of territory, it would seem exactly the sort of treaty that Article 56 of the VCLT wouldn't consider as presuming a right of withdrawal.

EditGlitch Removal Person

Happy to help!

Replies From View

Cuellar

Oh I've only just realised that that name is actually descriptive, thought it was just a classic 'wacky' CaB name.

Replies From View

He has "Happy to help!" in quotation marks under his avatar, but he never actually uses the exclamation mark in any of his posts.

That fact that some of you got your panties in a twist whilst having to highlight him speaking about Brexit says it all really.  Jezbo has been mostly absent from the debate, most political commentators agree on this.

Cuellar

Quote from: Replies From View on December 06, 2018, 09:57:06 PM
He has "Happy to help!" in quotation marks under his avatar, but he never actually uses the exclamation mark in any of his posts.

Ban him now, disgusting

Mr_Simnock

Renty just fuck off back to your glory hole please