Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:30:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 22 Now But It Won't Be For Long

Started by pigamus, November 02, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

You can go back on this very forum and see I was supporting Corbyn from the beginning, before the referendum and before Trump even occurred.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on December 17, 2018, 01:38:45 PM
Replies' argument always come down the same - 'I don't believe we can win an election on our values', a tragic lack of confidence in his own beliefs.

Making stuff up again there biggy.

Doesn't fill me with confidence about your ability to comprehend and/or be truthful about anything else, to be honest.  "When somebody disagrees with you, lie about them!!"

TrenterPercenter

Replies From View

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on December 17, 2018, 10:54:06 PM

Corbyn's two jags moment.

As in a moment that he'll be mocked for?

Corbyn has a good sense of humour, but I'm sure the tabloids won't appreciate that and will think he's doing that face by mistake.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Replies From View on December 17, 2018, 11:37:24 PM
As in a moment that he'll be mocked for?

Corbyn has a good sense of humour, but I'm sure the tabloids won't appreciate that and will think he's doing that face by mistake.

No I meant he looks as though he is about to drop the nut on a daschund.

This looks bad for Corbyn (how low can he get).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Haha

Up there with the marrow imo

Gone by Easter

pancreas

This speech was flagged up by JVL on my facebook feed. It is GOOD.

https://youtu.be/NtxTh6Uizn0

Should hopefully be useful to rebut some rather spurious ideas about Corbyn's position on Europe.

TrenterPercenter

Looks a bit peaky here, has Mi6 already started putting the polonium in his cereals?

I can imagine the DM headline now

"Corbyn Poisons Himself to Death with Homemade Radioactive Jam"

neardark

Why is he still wearing that blazer that's two sizes too big for him, ffs

manticore

Yaroufakis, who convinced Corbyn to campaign to Remain in 2016 puts the case to him for Labour adopting a time-limited renewable Norway plus policy on the EU, but unfortunately Corbyn doesn't really pick it up. Corbyn was sympathetic to the idea two years ago. What changed?

https://youtu.be/cLLoSzNn6xg?t=1500

Labour should be working with these people all over Europe to present a policy for democratising the EU. It could help bridge the gulf between the Labour remainers and some Brexiteers:

https://diem25.org/manifesto-long/

TrenterPercenter

absolutely but he:

1: Isn't a great communicator of complicated things into the digestible (though other options bar McDonald are neither proven, seem competent in the same vein or are not interested in doing so at the current moment).

2: which often gets looked over of late, is still being suffocated by a hostile press and a commentariat that might lead to any support that might expedite this.

Everyone just ignores Yaroufakis because he is not in any position to affect anything. Same with Lucas.  Both are ultimately much better performers than Corbs but are protected by the ease of lack of comment on them.  That isn't to say Corbyn isn't without massive benefit over them both it's just different.....

I have an almost certainly right-wing lady at work that loves Lucas and Owen Jones but claims the problem with Corbyn is he is too left-wing.  Go figure. She also loves Blair. That is the power of propaganda, Blair was able to cut through to these people because ultimately the press worked with him to massage him into these peoples consciousness.  That is sadly how it works.

Twit 2

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on December 17, 2018, 03:17:56 PM
Garbage.

We didn't just work out the problems with global finance over the last 10 years.  There has been blood, sweat and tears for many people that have dared to carry the candle and keep Marxist critiques alive....therefore whilst your epiphany is welcome it's disturbing that it seems to have taken a group of rich racists talking about "the establishment" and neoliberalism to cement it in your mind.

Read and understand whole history of how this happens:

The centre acts as broker, it facilitates those that benefit from inequality (the powerful) from those that suffer from it (the many).  Capitalism/Global Finance/Neo-liberalism is over laden with contradictions that whilst it accumulates capital it also accumulates misery, to breaking point.

The left is the reformer, it understands capital better than capitalists, that humans cannot be managed by market forces that active roles must be played by governments to decrease inequality (you can either see this as a compensation within the system or the need for a new system altogether* - or as my preferred solution a phased manner of change but with meaningful agreed milestones i.e. like how we could/should be dealing with climate change).

The right are the petit-dictators their individualist outlook does not translate well into mass movements and therefore they seek to steal the collectivist ground underneath the leftist feet by collectivising around facistic notions of nationalism, exemplar dictatorial models i.e. monarchies, supreme leaders whilst simultaneously creating pseudo-aggressors to try and plaster over the contradiction that the right is all powerful, but not in power.  This leads to the creation of myths i.e. Jewish/leftist/communist/racial conspiracies surrounding the "loss of identity".

Centre-right, Fascistic averse libertarians do not see/do not care or are willing to take the risk of tolerating increasingly far right opinions as it is preferable to reformation from the left for several reasons; status after reformation, emotional attachment to notions of loss of identity and individualism and most pervasively of centrists in power the fact that left-wing policies are popular, efficient and sustainable.

This is why you don't say things like.........yes poor Farage he is small the establishment is big or make like of people like Yaxley-Lennon marching facists through the streets.  You absolutely need to understand that you cannot make sense of the world by saying my friend is my enemies enemy (only people like Farage and Yaxley-Lennon are your enemies friend).  Any student of Marx and the lefts struggle for last 200 years (though of course that is just modern history) understands this premise, yet you seem to struggle. You think it is about smearing you by association with the far right.....it isn't its about guarding what we know to be the true and present danger as you cannot flirt with fascism and create a better world (and don't read that as not being willing to fight, fascism is something else there is no advantage in tolerating it).

A good summary.

FWIW, I think he struggles because there's no evidence he's read books, studied anything meaningful like sociology, economics, philosophy, psychology etc or engaged with anything beyond a superficial level. His ideas come from propaganda and websites with agendas and there's no critical thinking skills, big picture thinking, self-reflection, or attempt to account for the complexity of materialist history. No theory, no decent citations, no admittance of doubt or error, just an impoverished black and white view of reality, that would be sad if it were not so tedious and destructive. Minus the sociopathy, it's as bad as TFM and his socks. Christ, what a way to waste your life - might as well be a mollusc in some gravel.

Anyway, gonna stop pointing out the colossal foolishness of biggy for a bit. It feels necessary every now and then but it's so boring. He won't get banned (and shouldn't to be fair) so will just resign myself to all political threads being derailed by his endless bullshit.

chveik

don't be mean to molluscs, they are wonderful little creatures (and some are very tasty too!).

Paul Calf

Quote from: manticore on December 18, 2018, 10:25:12 PM
Yaroufakis, who convinced Corbyn to campaign to Remain in 2016 puts the case to him for Labour adopting a time-limited renewable Norway plus policy on the EU, but unfortunately Corbyn doesn't really pick it up. Corbyn was sympathetic to the idea two years ago. What changed?

https://youtu.be/cLLoSzNn6xg?t=1500

Labour should be working with these people all over Europe to present a policy for democratising the EU. It could help bridge the gulf between the Labour remainers and some Brexiteers:

https://diem25.org/manifesto-long/

Norway have said repeatedly that they wouldn't accept a 'Norway plus' model. And why would they?

BlodwynPig

What books should we read Twit 2? Are they like olden times propaganda and websites?

pancreas

greencalx

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 19, 2018, 06:40:44 AM
Norway have said repeatedly that they wouldn't accept a 'Norway plus' model. And why would they?

Does Norway have a say? I thought the main feature of the Norway model is that it has no control over any of the EU's decisions...

Twit 2

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 19, 2018, 07:37:48 AM
What books should we read Twit 2? Are they like olden times propaganda and websites?

Replies From View

olliebean

What does the "plus" mean, anyway? Doesn't it just mean "Like Norway, but with a bunch of other stuff that we want that the EU are definitely not going to give us?"

imitationleather

Quote from: olliebean on December 19, 2018, 12:06:26 PM
What does the "plus" mean, anyway? Doesn't it just mean "Like Norway, but with a bunch of other stuff that we want that the EU are definitely not going to give us?"

Norway but even more expensive. (Lower wages though.)

Replies From View

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Corbyn filmed mouthing "stupid woman" about May during PMQs.

Doesn't look good for Corbyn

greenman

Thank god the important issue for the nations future are being focused on by the media.

daf

TrenterPercenter

Has anyone been in to say "kinder fairer politics" yet? That is always really good when they say that

Replies From View

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on December 19, 2018, 05:26:56 PM
Has anyone been in to say "kinder fairer politics" yet?

No because their eggs are rubbish these days.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 19, 2018, 01:05:31 PM
Corbyn filmed mouthing "stupid woman" about May during PMQs.

Doesn't look good for Corbyn

Absolute fucking state of him

So that's jews and women he hates, that we know about

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on December 19, 2018, 05:37:47 PM
Absolute fucking state of him

So that's jews and women he hates, that we know about

He despises you though