Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:08:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 11 (Part 2)

Started by Mister Six, November 02, 2018, 01:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Fnaar.

FUCSK SAKE NEW PAGE REACTION MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE WHATSOEVER

Quote from: Mister Six on May 08, 2019, 02:35:37 PM
Even Bond gets a couple of films to bed in

daf

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 08, 2019, 12:18:24 PM
She's only done 1 series. It's like going to a party, taking your coat off and saying  . . .

"Ooh, I remember losing my coat in a party once back in the fifties  - Las Vegas it was - I think Frank Sinatra was serving the nibbles . . . or was it Pythagoras? Always mixing those two up  . . . anyway he made GREAT nibbles . . . 
Ooh I could murder some right now - nibbles that is, not Pythagoras!! Though I did come close when he kept sending his beans on toast back in the Raffles hotel back in the 1920's - mardy old goat - absolutely OBSESSED with farting . . . and nibbles."

Mister Six

St_Eddie

Quote from: daf on May 08, 2019, 03:12:38 PM
"Ooh, I remember losing my coat in a party once back in the fifties  - Las Vegas it was - I think Frank Sinatra was serving the nibbles . . . or was it Pythagoras? Always mixing those to up  . . . anyway he made GREAT nibbles . . . 
Ooh I could murder some right now - nibbles that is, not Pythagoras!! Though I did come close when he kept sending his beans on toast back in the Raffles hotel back in the 1920's - mardy old goat - absolutely OBSESSED with farting . . . and nibbles."

Spot. Fucking. On.

mothman

The only good thing about the Judoon is Martha's "Planet Zovirax" joke in the episode where they first appear.

Replies From View

I don't remember them brilliantly well.  My feeling at the time was that they were an attempt to have something like the Sontarans without bringing back the actual Sontarans (until series 4 actually did that).

I have strangely no feelings either way about this because I can already imagine how Chibnall's writing will clunk through everything.  Will the costumes and masks from 12 years ago be in good enough nick to reuse them, or will they need to be remade from scratch?  That's probably my only response right now.

Alberon

Even though it's over six months until the (dis)appointment with destiny resumes, with actual series 12 news dribbling out like piss from an incontinent grandfather's pants I suppose it's time to start a new thread.

Someone else will have to, though, as I can't be arsed.

Small Man Big Horse

I thought I'd be excited by the news that Chibnall is bringing back a New Who monster, but he's only gone and chosen the dullest one possible.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

He's just... hopeless really. Remember when some of us used to get irked by RTD and Moffat's overly effusive hype for upcoming stories? Well just read Chibnall's bland, boring, unfunny quotes in that article. How I long for the sometimes slightly smug yet fundamentally enthusiastic wit and wordplay of our former rulers.

Big Finish did a very good Judoon story where a Judoon is stranded on Earth in Victorian times and chained and displayed in a circus freak show. I don't think Chibnall will do anything near as interesting.

The Judoon aren't a patch on the Onihr from Trading Futures.

Alberon

I've always wanted to see the Chelonians from the Virgin novels. They've never appeared in the TV show so far, but they have been namechecked. I mean who wouldn't want to see a murderous bunch of bipedal tortoises?

Hemulen

...I quite like the Judoon. Sorry.

daf

Coincidentally, (or not?), from the new David Tennant Box released a few days ago :

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on May 21, 2019, 10:21:10 PM
Will the costumes and masks from 12 years ago be in good enough nick to reuse them, or will they need to be remade from scratch?

The new Sontaran costumes.

olliebean

QuoteShowrunner Chris Chibnall said "No! Sho! Blo!

Relatively scintillating, as Chibnall-penned dialogue goes.

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on May 22, 2019, 02:37:29 PM
Relatively scintillating, as Chibnall-penned dialogue goes.

Only because most of it is knicked from RTD.

St_Eddie

FUN FACT: Statistically speaking, the law of averages would suggest that there's a 99% probability that Chibnall was called "Chinball" at school.

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 22, 2019, 05:10:12 PM
FUN FACT: Statistically speaking, the law of averages would suggest that there's a 99% probability that Chibnall was called "Chinball" at school.

Chinballs more likely

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on May 22, 2019, 11:53:00 PM
Chinballs more likely

Ah, right you are.  There was a 99% probability that Chibnall was called "Chinballs" at school.  There was a 1% probability that he was called "Chinball".

This is precisely the sort of puerile bullying that caused him to become one of the worst writers in the world. I mean, I hope you're happy.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 23, 2019, 01:58:54 AM
This is precisely the sort of puerile bullying that caused him to become one of the worst writers in the world. I mean, I hope you're happy.

I don't watch Doctor Who, so I guess that I am happy, relative to the fans.

Replies From View

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 23, 2019, 01:58:54 AM

Reporting bullying doesn't count as new bullying:  FACT

Chibnall should write an episode in which the Doctor saves the universe armed only with a chin and a ball. Vindication.

Replies From View

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship had Matt Smith (chin) and something about a golfball having some grassy residue on it so that one of the characters could make a testicle joke (balls)

Small Man Big Horse

Edit: Oops, ignore, it's already covered in the Old Doctor Who thread.

Replies From View

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 05, 2019, 07:36:48 PM
Edit: Oops, ignore, it's already covered in the Old Doctor Who thread.

Best thread bump ever.

mothman

Some people don't want to play the game, want to keep hope alive, aren't content to see how far down the thread listing this can drop through sheer indifference. Geez SMBH, why can't you just be happy to watch the world burn like the rest of us?

St_Eddie