Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:46:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jon Glaser Loves Gear, season 2

Started by Ant Farm Keyboard, November 02, 2018, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Just watched the first episode. Brilliant. Lots of funny moments, most of which SMBH already mentioned, but I was really tickled by the gear info graphics coming up during the funeral.

Moribunderast

I think my favourite thing in episode 1 was how much the kid playing the fake son seemed to be enjoying himself.

Small Man Big Horse

After a request for them I've just uploaded all of season 1 to a file locker, if anyone wants the links just pm me.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Oh boy, Jon is getting into Forrest MacNeil territories...

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on January 19, 2019, 11:47:52 PM
Oh boy, Jon is getting into Forrest MacNeil territories...

That was another amazing episode, and yeah, I have a feeling that Jon's marriage won't last much longer, if it isn't already over.

Ant Farm Keyboard

I loved how much other people would repeat Hue's full name. It's not as glorious as Mighty Joe Jon, the Black Blonde, which can't be topped, but still...

brat-sampson

Can't find episode 2 anywhere yet, and don't have a MySpleen account :(

Ja'moke

Quote from: brat-sampson on January 20, 2019, 06:08:52 PM
Can't find episode 2 anywhere yet, and don't have a MySpleen account :(

Same. Wish this was easier to get hold of.

Small Man Big Horse

I've sent links to the download to Brat and Ja'moke, I do have myspleen invites too but unfortunately it won't let me use them right now.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 21, 2019, 09:00:44 PM
I've sent links to the download to Brat and Ja'moke, I do have myspleen invites too but unfortunately it won't let me use them right now.
Yeah, I'm having the same problem.  Saying "Access Denied".   

Small Man Big Horse

The third episode's now up on myspleen, but for anyone who's not a member just pm me and I'll send you a link.

Ant Farm Keyboard

NoSleep

Ant Farm Keyboard

Episode 3 is now available on Rarbg and on other common sources, but episode 2 is still MIA.

Small Man Big Horse

I forgot to comment on this but I did enjoy it a lot, however the first ten minutes or so were a bit by the numbers, it was the first time I've ever watched an episode and wasn't laughing a great deal from the get go. As soon as the incredibly predictable reveal that his son hadn't been playing football came along it was all great and Jon gatecrashing the live megic show was lovely stuff, as was Steve's return right at the end, but yeah, it's the first time that I think I've ever had a minor issue with the series.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on January 28, 2019, 04:57:12 PM
t's the first time that I think I've ever had a minor issue with the series.

I've not seen the third episode, but in all honesty, I had the same twinge of doubt as you whilst watching episode two. There was a fair whack of decent stuff but I really only enjoyed about half of it. I have a niggling skepticism about this being a subpar season as I rewatched Neon Joe recently and was reminded of how underwhelming that whole thing was...

Ant Farm Keyboard

Episode 2 is now available at all regular sources.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Episode 4 on Myspleen.

Also, the show has been moved to Mondays, presumably to make a comedy block at TruTV with Those Who Can't, that airs on the same night.

NoSleep

All of them up to S02E04 are up on RARGB now.

Vitalstatistix

I've felt this season has been pretty disappointing up until episode four. Just treading water, repeating itself, not ramping things up and going down crazy directions like classic Glaser stuff.

Episode 4 is a real return to form, though!

Spoilers:

Steve's poem. Fucking hell.

He'll taste his own fresh penile meat until digested.
Bowels moved.
Then, shaped as knife, and frozen good, with bile, foul, offensive shiv
his heart I'll pierce.
He'll cease to live.

Followed by his extended matter of fact description.

Fucking hilarious.

Small Man Big Horse

I loved the fourth episode a great deal too, it was packed from start to finish with some beautiful moments (including a lovely "Oh I know" callback") and like you say Steve's poem was amazing stuff, and I really liked Jon's as well. My only disappointment is that they haven't actually published the "100 Perfect Golf Analogies For Life" book, if they did I'd buy it in an instant.

chveik

the delivery man's song mentionning the cock ring was a nice touch

Ant Farm Keyboard

There's an extended version of the poem scene on the Facebook page for the show. Jon actually bought the book and the $1,600 Japanese pen as a gift to Steve because of the loss of his dad's knife ("The pen is mightier than the sword"). Unfortunately, they haven't added the chyrons that would have paced the mentions.

ToneLa

Watched the first three eps of series 2 last night and found it delightful. Can not get on board with thinking it's in some way diminished!

Ant Farm Keyboard

I'm currently watching episode 5, "Basketball." I've just heard that Jon ran the New York Marathon.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on February 06, 2019, 03:34:17 PM
I'm currently watching episode 5, "Basketball." I've just heard that Jon ran the New York Marathon.

I loved that episode to pieces, and any concerns that this season won't be as good as the first have now been eradicated, the ending was especially a thing of beauty.

Ant Farm Keyboard

I've got the new episode from MySpleen. It was an interesting change of direction.

Also, it's quite shocking to see the proper credits at the beginning two weeks in a row. In almost every episode after the pilot, either Steve's face was blacked out as a punishment or we had the replacement 'Spurt next to Jon in a bald wig.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on February 13, 2019, 12:38:30 AM
I've got the new episode from MySpleen. It was an interesting change of direction.

Also, it's quite shocking to see the proper credits at the beginning two weeks in a row. In almost every episode after the pilot, either Steve's face was blacked out as a punishment or we had the replacement 'Spurt next to Jon in a bald wig.

I liked it a lot, wasn't as packed with laughs as some of the other episodes but they had fun with the concept and Karl's inclusion was top top stuff.

I know what you mean about the credits too, I like them but do strangely miss the bald wig one.

selectivememory

Definitely enjoyed the last two ("Basketball" and "Road Trip") much more than anything else in this season.

Karl in the latest one was absolutely fantastic. And Jon's obsession with his son being the "Anti-Gear" was a perfect piece of Glaser nonsense. I love how as soon as he said it, he knew exactly what he meant by it, even though he'd just made it up and it was unbelievably stupid.