Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:20:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

1980s vdeo nasty help

Started by Brian Freeze, November 03, 2018, 08:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Freeze

Can anyone please help identify this film. I've never had much inclination to find out but the vast breadth of knowledge here is impressive and has got me wondering.

It was probably an early to mid eighties film and as I remember it started with a girl finding an interesting looking blue rock near the beach and ended up with her buried up to her neck in sand and her face ripped off.

After that I remember a caving expedition finding the go k and taking it underground. There was a bit of canoodling and then bad things started happening.

I legged it after that and had nightmares for at least twelve months. Lovely stuff. Cheers Uncle ******

Any ideas?

PlanktonSideburns

biggytitbo

Could it have been an episode of Dramarama?

George White

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 03, 2018, 08:44:34 AM
Can anyone please help identify this film. I've never had much inclination to find out but the vast breadth of knowledge here is impressive and has got me wondering.

It was probably an early to mid eighties film and as I remember it started with a girl finding an interesting looking blue rock near the beach and ended up with her buried up to her neck in sand and her face ripped off.

After that I remember a caving expedition finding the go k and taking it underground. There was a bit of canoodling and then bad things started happening.

I legged it after that and had nightmares for at least twelve months. Lovely stuff. Cheers Uncle ******

Any ideas?

Alien 2 - On Earth from 1980

biggytitbo

Looks quite good, although I'd be worried about its effect on dogs.

maett

Brian Freeze

George White has nailed it, thankyou very much.

If it was released in 1980 then I reckon I was about 8 when it made it's way into Uncle ******'s video player. It really did give me nightmares for a long long time. I had to hide all my blue socks when they were paired up into balls as they reminded me of the "rock."
My mum helpfully mentioned that she wondered if it was Doctor Who giving me nightmares and I jumped at the chance not to drop my mates Uncle in the shit.

Mystery solved, ta.

Paaaaul

Quote from: Brian Freeze on November 04, 2018, 09:59:14 AM
George White has nailed it, thankyou very much.

If it was released in 1980 then I reckon I was about 8 when it made it's way into Uncle ******'s video player. It really did give me nightmares for a long long time. I had to hide all my blue socks when they were paired up into balls as they reminded me of the "rock."
My mum helpfully mentioned that she wondered if it was Doctor Who giving me nightmares and I jumped at the chance not to drop my mates Uncle in the shit.

Mystery solved, ta.
It was released on Blu-ray last year.
I bought it.
It was REALLY fucking terrible.