Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:09:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Re: DESOLATION QUEST 2018 ROUND ONE - Steve98 vs Madhair.

Started by steve98, November 03, 2018, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

John the postman put the mail through the letterbox of #55, apart that is from the Bowel-Screening envelope from the NHS, which remained in his bag, with a dozen or so others. November was the month when the cancer-testing kits went out and he got a chance to give something back to the community which treated him like scum.

madhair60

On eventual receipt of the Bowel Screening results, John appallingly misunderstands and flies to Los Angeles at enormous personal expense to attend what he believes is a screening of the film "The Terminal" at the Hollywood Bowl.

steve98

John holds his head in his hands and surveyes the empty auditorium - What have I done? He wails - Someone at the poo examination clinic must have confused "Bowel" with "Bowl", and then I've confused "Cancer in stool (Terminal)" with "Catherine Zeta Jones in The Terminal"... but there's no Terminal? The Terminal isn't playing, nothings happening...

Of a sudden, some familiarly ominous music starts to play and onto the stage walks the hateful old woman from #55, followed by Grieves from #42, then Bandy-legged Bow from #9 and slowly they all traipse out on to the stage - The Diseased Dozen, the 12 misery-guts, whose gut contents, he'd purloined and replaced with his own bloody, cancerous shit. O God - He moans.

madhair60

Tossing and turning in a restless sleep, John softly cries out  -- no, no! -- as a dissonant, haunting, squelching, stinking performance of "It's The Hard Knock Life" (From "Annie") echoes from somewhere in his locked-in subconscious. It's utterly risible - they're all out of time and the women have forgotten all the steps, but it's a dance that will never end, as John will never awaken. He is trapped forever in the Hollywood Bowl of his nightmares, alone. No refreshments are available.

He has slept through his appointment, but it would have had no effect whatsoever on this outcome.

Pingers

BlodwynPig

pancreas

Thanks for the match. Voting is closed and all the votes are disqualified.

pancreas wins this one, nem con. Congratulations pancreas!

steve98

I object. I put a lot of thought into where my narrative was going with the poo-sample switching. I was settin' it all up for a brilliant denouemont. Maybe it didn't have Madhair60's grace, but his story arc wasn't going anywhere, just flowery filling, whilst I did all the heavy liftin'. What a fucking swizz.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: steve98 on November 06, 2018, 04:20:40 PM
I object. I put a lot of thought into where my narrative was going with the poo-sample switching. I was settin' it all up for a brilliant denouemont. Maybe it didn't have Madhair60's grace, but his story arc wasn't going anywhere, just flowery filling, whilst I did all the heavy liftin'. What a fucking swizz.

just two votes in and a frankly bizarre outburst from pancreas. still plenty of time to go. no need for the grumps just yet

QDRPHNC

chveik

PlanktonSideburns

Great work by both, madhair for me, if I could add Steves insta-dummyspit as soon as voting started, it would have been Steve

Ferris

Madhair for that first return. Very close again, this match. High quality DESOing across the board.

the midnight watch baboon

steve98

Who's overseeing this vote? is there an Electoral Oversight Officer? Because I have a complaint: yesterday my opponent: madhair60 sent me a death threat. Is this the way Questors usually behave? Cos it's not what I'm used to... I don't want the lad gettin' into too much bother but come on? Death threats?

madhair60

View Profile  Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc  Personal Message (Online)
Re: Quest
« Sent to: steve98 on: Yesterday at 03:24:24 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. » ReplyQuoteDelete
your DEAD

BlodwynPig

Quote from: steve98 on November 07, 2018, 01:20:26 PM
Who's overseeing this vote? is there an Electoral Oversight Officer? Because I have a complaint: yesterday my opponent: madhair60 sent me a death threat. Is this the way Questors usually behave? Cos it's not what I'm used to... I don't want the lad gettin' into too much bother but come on? Death threats?

madhair60

your DEAD

Observation, not threat.

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: steve98 on November 07, 2018, 01:20:26 PM

madhair60

your DEAD

forward the original PM on to me and I'll look into it

steve98

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on November 07, 2018, 02:45:37 PM
forward the original PM on to me and I'll look into it

It's ok, it's not the first death threat I've had. I'll let it go.

Ferris

It's a false flag, just before voting as well. Where is biggy and his spurious Twitter links? Dropped the ball here.