Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Francis Viper Higgins

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, November 04, 2018, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VelourSpirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpvgbORUGTo streaming the getaway right now
he had the bill theme tune on and now he's got minder playing

ahh nevermind he's going to bed

chveik

finnquark

Shlug Éireann is so fucking good. Howyadoin?

non capisco

Never heard of this guy before today but he's great. Currently watching the video where he's strolling round Washington the day after Trump's election win pretending to be spooked by aeroplanes. "You've got to expect heightened security. You don't want some bloody..eejit with a death wish running into a crowded gaff shouting "Allied Dunbar!", d'jknow, and then just explodin'!"

"Allied Dunbar" completely slayed me.

finnquark

magval

Been streaming Resident Evil about an hour now

That was brilliant.  Love the guy.

chveik

I'm glad they're availabe on yt now

Yussef Dent

He's asked for them to be taken down, they aren't on there now. Big shame as the Shlug Eireann one on Sunday was absolutely hilarious (and excruciating) when the radio station's printer stopped working for the dedications and requests.

finnquark

He's playing Resident Evil 4 as the shlug at the moment

The Mercedes and Zurich vids are superb, really funny and playful. Great stuff.

George White

Quote from: magval on November 04, 2018, 08:41:26 PM
Irish comedians get very little coverage on here. McSavage, Hardy Bucks, Rubberbandits, Bridget and Eamon etc.

It's very hard to see any of that stuff outside of Ireland to be fair. Even in the north. RTE doesn't like to release stuff on disc or make it available for international streaming, the bollixes.

But aye, I've been watching this now 20 minutes or so. Higgins is very funny indeed.
Same with a lot of their archive stuff.
Bar Strumpet City, Bosco, Irish RM, Family, the Price, and a few other foreign coproductions.
But no Caught in a Free State (though having seen clips, I understand), Ballroom of Romance, Rimini Riddle (basically Twin Peaks meets Dizzy Heights)...

Beagle 2

Er, right I have nothing much to add except this bloke is a genius. I saw Blindboy link one of his videos last night and have been roaring laughing going through his stuff.

If anyone is a fan of his Shlug Eireann/Conor Williams streams they're archived on this youtube channel. I just love the level of detail he puts into the radio parts and fake ads. This bit from last week had me in stitches.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: magval on November 04, 2018, 08:41:26 PM
Irish comedians get very little coverage on here. McSavage, Hardy Bucks, Rubberbandits,  etc.

Thank god, they're all shite. Apart from maybe McSavage who impressed me with The Savage Eye.

magval

Quote from: checkoutgirl on February 12, 2020, 01:41:04 PM
Thank god, they're all shite. Apart from maybe McSavage who impressed me with The Savage Eye.

See also the first reply to this comment.

Doesn't stop us from having massive threads on other shit comedians from England and every place else like.

RTE makes it awful hard to watch its shows outside the Republic, and to be honest, I don't think anyone outside of Ireland much cares anyway. Anyone good enough more or less breaks free of its gravity anyway.

peanutbutter

Quote from: magval on February 12, 2020, 06:07:41 PM
See also the first reply to this comment.

Doesn't stop us from having massive threads on other shit comedians from England and every place else like.

RTE makes it awful hard to watch its shows outside the Republic, and to be honest, I don't think anyone outside of Ireland much cares anyway. Anyone good enough more or less breaks free of its gravity anyway.
I think some get kind of trapped in the Irish  bubble though. Kevin McAleer always goes down really well with just about anyone outside of Ireland that I think might like him, Pat Shortt probably had the potential to be a much bigger star if he had pushed himself a bit more beyond Ireland.

There's probably others, drawing a blank right now though...

Dog Botherer

yank bartender i work with over here absolutely loves Tommy Tiernan, for what it's worth

checkoutgirl

Quote from: magval on February 12, 2020, 06:07:41 PM
Anyone good enough more or less breaks free of its gravity anyway.

And the occasional shit one. Aisling Bea? Brendan O'Carroll?

chveik

anyone watched tonight's stream? it was great, especially the Uncut Gems review

magval

Missed that. Did anyone ever start archiving them like his fans kept threatening to?

chveik

Quote from: magval on February 14, 2020, 08:02:00 PM
Missed that. Did anyone ever start archiving them like his fans kept threatening to?

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on February 11, 2020, 06:27:50 PM
If anyone is a fan of his Shlug Eireann/Conor Williams streams they're archived on this youtube channel. I just love the level of detail he puts into the radio parts and fake ads. This bit from last week had me in stitches.

magval

Streaming Resident Evil at the moment. Virus, etc.

Cuellar

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on February 11, 2020, 06:27:50 PM

Slightly obsessed with just this last little skit. Love it.

chveik

he's playing Shadow of the Colossus as Slug & Francis right now