Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Francis Viper Higgins

Started by Depressed Beyond Tables, November 04, 2018, 08:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mash

These streams have been my favourite discovery since lockdown - he's been doing regular "Isolationball" streams (one is live right now) where he plays through a PES Euros/World Cup as Ireland, commentating as Francis Higgins and Tommy Shlug, with Conor Williams doing "studio" sections, plus a selection of his other skits in between. He's so good at stream of consciousness stuff, so commentary fits perfectly. Some of the skits absolutely floored me when I first saw them and still make me chuckle on their frequent repeats. Highly reccomeneded!

chveik

Quote from: mash on April 09, 2020, 12:07:42 PM
These streams have been my favourite discovery since lockdown - he's been doing regular "Isolationball" streams (one is live right now) where he plays through a PES Euros/World Cup as Ireland, commentating as Francis Higgins and Tommy Shlug, with Conor Williams doing "studio" sections, plus a selection of his other skits in between. He's so good at stream of consciousness stuff, so commentary fits perfectly. Some of the skits absolutely floored me when I first saw them and still make me chuckle on their frequent repeats. Highly reccomeneded!

yep these isolationball streams have been the highlights of my lockdown days. the relationship between Shlug & Francis is great, and seems as you said so effortless. I love the ads too

Cold Meat Platter

Been watching a bit of the archived stuff, the guy's just naturally fucking brilliant. The "shtand clear, the doors are closin" sample he has for the Shlug Eirann bus gets me.
Mad that he had a series on RT channel, paid for by the lad Putin.

chveik

Shaky

The Zurich sketch is staggeringly good. Selections of that have invaded my everyday life at this point.

"I'm gonna have another Boost, John!"

I just found the video of him performing a famous Late Late Show moment. Non-Irish people might not appreciate how good his Pat Kenny impression is - really captures his condescension.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on April 27, 2020, 12:26:52 AM
I just found the video of him performing a famous Late Late Show moment. Non-Irish people might not appreciate how good his Pat Kenny impression is - really captures his condescension.

Astonishingly good. What a talent.

Pubs are open boys, Tommy's live streaming from one now.

chveik

Pseudopath

Incredible stream tonight. One viewer must have tipped him nearly 500 Euro.

George White

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on April 27, 2020, 12:26:52 AM
Oh,Gerry Hannan.
See also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-KLE0LHPLQ

I had never seen Viper's version, but I have watched that video of Hannan on the Late Late dozens of times, and I found myself laughing and quoting the same lines.
I remember he had Richard Harris on his side, because Harris was from Limerick, but from a relatively middle-class by Irish standards background, and he believed that the book was tosh, plus he knew the McCourts, but only because he'd appeared in the Molly Maguires with Malachy McCourt, who's an actor and broadcaster in New York, and was in the likes of  Q the Winged Serpent, and had genuinely and generally a more interesting and exciting life than his brother. And because they were both Limerick lads of the same age, they became pals. But then he had a row with Frank.

magval

Has he done the newspaper thing before, because that was the best format I've seen him in this ages. I've felt very alienated by the football ones lately, was lovely watching something I felt I could enjoy.

Anyone know whether it's possible to watch archives of these anywhere? 

finnquark

Quote from: magval on April 28, 2020, 01:03:33 PM
Has he done the newspaper thing before, because that was the best format I've seen him in this ages. I've felt very alienated by the football ones lately, was lovely watching something I felt I could enjoy.

Agreed. First time I'd seen that format. I'm hoping for some more Connor Williams soon.

Quote from: CrackerFactory on April 28, 2020, 01:23:25 PM
Anyone know whether it's possible to watch archives of these anywhere? 

Some of them are here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvyzOMqRNi4puFl7cQuk3mw

Pseudopath

Quote from: magval on April 28, 2020, 01:03:33 PM

Don't think so. He occasionally sticks on Euronews and rips the piss out of it, but watching him completely breaking character and pissing himself over the agony aunt letters was a thing of joy. Surprised he's such a lightweight though - four cans of Guinness and he could barely read.

George White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ36TpNQ-rA Googled Gerry Hannan to see where he is now. Worth it for the chapter titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_F562rlTTc He's aged some bit.

kyema

I'm looking forward to this!

He's still going.  Love these Pintman streams. 
Sat there with his Guinness and 2 packets of Tayto crisps on the go.  Making me hungry.

finnquark

That accent was awful though.

You used to break the news now you're breaking my heart.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on May 04, 2020, 11:23:31 PM
Sat there with his Guinness and 2 packets of Tayto crisps on the go.  Making me hungry.

King Crisps, you heathen! ;-)

Cold Meat Platter

World News stream on now brothers and sisters.

chveik

nice to see what's going on behind the scenes

covid-nineteeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

magval

Jesus that was a late one then, missed it altogether. What was he discussing to do with behind the scenes?

Pseudopath

Quote from: magval on May 08, 2020, 06:26:33 AM
Jesus that was a late one then, missed it altogether. What was he discussing to do with behind the scenes?

Christ...can't even remember. But I seem to be €10 out of pocket, so it must have been good. That's how they get you.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: magval on May 08, 2020, 06:26:33 AM

He was recording the voice-overs for one of his World News bits over footage. Re-recording a few times after fucking up and doing pretty much completely different stuff each time, pissing himself laughing a lot as well.

magval

Ah that's a shame, sounds class. Might finally enable YouTube phone notifications for these. Him and our own hedgehog90 are the only two people I follow on it so it shouldn't be too intrusive.

DiClassomo

Anybody listen to Martin Maloney's Hardy Bucks Podcast? Not the most professional in terms of audio etc, but he's fairly funny and has had on some great guests so far (examples being various Bucks, Steve Brody, antivirus schizo John McAfee). Not too gone on the computer game/silly accent thing that the Viper's been doing recently but he's clearly an immensely talented guy, can't really fault him for doing something so lucrative.